Cannabis Legalisation

fruit loops are my kink

OK, please tell me you guys are on board with this. I'd like to hear some peoples theories of why they think it should be Legalised/Illegal. It would be nice to hear both sides of the story and if some peoples minds can be changed when they see the benefits of cannabis legalisation then Ill pat meself on the back. So what do you guys think?

Mod edit: Please note that the thread will be locked if any more off topic discussions, flame wars or personal attacks occur. - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303022-cannabis-legalisation/page-13?p=4136288#entry4136288

Edited by colonel_mortis

If you look past the fact that you are smoking weed, it's actually a lot better less bad* for you than alcohol. And i enjoy a good puff from time to time. So yea.. i'm in! 

- Oh, and my birthday is 4/20 lol

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

In my opinion if it was regulated like alcohol is then i don't see the issue. I see Cannabis as i see alcohol. 
Edit: Its not anymore harmful than many legal street drugs. (Tobacco and alcohol)

Maybe because cannabis is a stimulant, like other drugs and is harmful to human health, causing paranoia and many other mental illnesses and issues. However, with there also being evidence on cannabis having good side effects, in truth, I don't care. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Maybe because cannabis is a stimulant, like other drugs and is harmful to human health, causing paranoia and many other mental illnesses and issues.  

So does alcohol. Everything in moderation.

Main Rig
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Phone

mSFXk2a.gif

No but really, crap storm inbound aside,  it seems that the  modern world is tending toward this. 

To the individual user i think we need to know more about what it does, but it cannot be worse then what is already legal. 

Also I think it has less of a negative impact on societal harm. You're less likely to have guys beat eachother to a pulp if their high then if their drunk. or smash a shop window in etc.. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

So does alcohol. Everything in moderation.

I think canabais has done less harm to society and health than alcool.

And tobacoo too.

A friend of mine has an abusive father that beats him when he is drunk , marijuana never had that effect on ANYONE i know.

Maybe because cannabis is a stimulant, like other drugs and is harmful to human health, causing paranoia and many other mental illnesses and issues. However, with there also being evidence on cannabis having good side effects, in truth, I don't care. 

well ill agree with paranoia but what other mental illnesses are you referring to? and please dont say Psychosis because not enough evidence is there to support psychosis. any tests done on psychosis have insufficient numbers of test subjects and insufficient controls so please enlighten me :)

Legalize it, Regulate it and tax it. Then i'll be vaugely ok with it.

Still not a fan of the fact that i could get some of it into my system passively and lose my driving license if i'm unlucky though.

And no. even if i'm clear headed i'll still lose my license if i test positive for that

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Cannabis is not a stimulant.

It can be harmful to your health, yes. Some people, with propensity for mental illness can be triggered by cannabis use. Cannabis, on it's own, does not CAUSE paranoia, mental illness, ... Cannabis, as well as all other smoked medias, IS harmful for the lungs and other airways. Cannabis does have good side effects for the treatment of various psychological and physical conditions like PTSD, Parkinson's, ...

Spoiler

And tobacoo too.

A friend of mine has an abusive father that beats him when he is drunk , marijuana never had that effect on ANYONE i know.

As well as that there has never been a reported OD on cannabis in comparison to alcohol poisoning which kills thousands of people a year

And tobacoo too.

Exactly. And most people i know that argue against it have never even tried it! Gosh i hate ignorant people. D;

Main Rig
Phone

Legalise heroin,coke and Pcp, please  :wub: 

you forgot bathing salts and crystal meth <3

Main Rig
Phone

Legalize it, Regulate it and tax it. Then i'll be vaugely ok with it.

Still not a fan of the fact that i could get some of it into my system passively and lose my driving license if i'm unlucky though.

And no. even if i'm clear headed i'll still lose my license if i test positive for that

its interesting you say that because apparently there is a new drug test in California i believe that actually tells the difference between driving while stoned and having small doses of THC (The main compound in cannabis that causes a 'high') in your system so if that was adopted worldwide then it couldnt really impact drivers

Cannabis is not a stimulant.

It can be harmful to your health, yes. Some people, with propensity for mental illness can be triggered by cannabis use. Cannabis, as well as all other smoked medias, IS harmful for the lungs and other airways. Cannabis does have good side effects for the treatment of various psychological and physical conditions like PTSD, Parkinson's, ...

cannabis is in its own section because it doesnt really fit into any category 

Its stupid that all drugs are banned, legalizing it would make the drugwar go away.

Its stupid that all drugs are banned, legalizing it would make the drugwar go away.

Marijuana is worse illegal because it gives cartels gun money to kill people.

70% of the income of the sinaloan cartel is pot money.

cannabis is in its own section because it doesnt really fit into any category 

THC, which is cannabis' active molecule, is a moderate analgesic and psychoactive. It does fit in this category.

Spoiler

They would be weaker without 70% of their income.

Just saying.

Source for that 70% statement?

lol im seriouse

Now that's a crapstorm starter.

Main Rig
Phone