Raspberry Pi 2 released!

Go to solution Solved by Jozi,

I need to try Einstein@Home with RP 2 B). Anyone tried Boinc with RP 2 yet?

So Windows RT is dead, but Windows 10 for ARM CPU will exist

The phone/RT version of Windows will supposedly be called 'Windows 10 for phones and small tablets', but it'll still be different from proper Windows 10, which is also going  to be available for ARM.

It's hard to say which one the raspberry Pi version is going to be most similar to.

i still think its a waste of money

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Why don't Raspberry Pi just dump the ARM processors and use something x86 based, then people will be able to run full Windows on it.

Anyone else think they missed a trick by not making it a little bigger and adding M.2?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Anyone else think they missed a trick by not making it a little bigger and adding M.2?

It add costs.

But what is sad, is that the BeagleBone Black is still faster (1GHz CPU) than the Raspberry Pi, and that was released in 2013, and only cost 10$ more (assuming price didn't reduce over time). Yes, it only has 1 USB port though and no audio out jack (but does have HDMI audio put if I am not mistaken), and half teh RAM, but that was back in 2013. They could have put a faster CPU, is all I am saying.

Beaglebone_Black.jpg

Why don't Raspberry Pi just dump the ARM processors and use something x86 based, then people will be able to run full Windows on it.

More expensive.

This is cool, although I guess we should keep in mind that I think they're moving to Windows being free anyway and have been for some time now

Intel i7 3770k, Maximus V Formula, 32GB G.Skill 1600MHz RAM, ASUS DCUII GTX 670

It add costs.

But what is sad, is that the BeagleBone Black is still faster (1GHz CPU) than the Raspberry Pi, and that was released in 2013, and only cost 10$ more (assuming price didn't reduce over time). Yes, it only has 1 USB port though and no audio out jack (but does have HDMI audio put if I am not mistaken), and half teh RAM, but that was back in 2013. They could have put a faster CPU, is all I am saying.

Beaglebone_Black.jpg

Sure it does but i'd pay a little bit more for a device which I could stick a 256GB SSD into any day of the week. My best mate got a Pi when they first came out and its great, I set it up for him to use XBMC and stream from his PC but the annoying thing about them is SD Cards for storage, remove that (and add a way to FTP or SMB the SSD) and the device would be perfect.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

thats awesome

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

It add costs.

Isn't the BeagleBone Black just a single core CPU? And it's a Cortex A8, right? So clock for clock the BeagleBoard is better, and it has a slightly higher clock, but the Pi 2 will be faster because of the extra cores.

Isn't the BeagleBone Black just a single core CPU? And it's a Cortex A8, right? So clock for clock the BeagleBoard is better, and it has a slightly higher clock, but the Pi 2 will be faster because of the extra cores.

Ah, I didn't know the Pi2 was a multi-core. Very good then.

Respost.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

i still think its a waste of money

Why ????? developing is easy on it, great for tinkering around, very cheap, not much power, amazing performance for the price.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Why ????? developing is easy on it, great for tinkering around, very cheap, not much power, amazing performance for the price.

there is no reason for me to own one, it doesnt have the power for anything that i would want to do on it. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

there is no reason for me to own one, it doesnt have the power for anything that i would want to do on it. 

It does't mean it's a waste of money for others.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

watch videos? plenty of power for that.

fair enough but ive got more then enough devices to watch videos on already. I guess for students or people without much money its a good deal

Listen if you care.

It does't mean it's a waste of money for others.

Its just my opinion on the matter, that opinion was for me, I understand that others may want it but its never gonna be something ill consider buying

Listen if you care.

Its just my opinion on the matter, that opinion was for me, I understand that others may want it but its never gonna be something ill consider buying

I can understand.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Is there anyone here who bought a Raspberry Pi and did something cool with it? I would like to get one for myself

Well that's great... I just bought a B+ -_-

I hate when this happens

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1