DXRacer Chair, Lower-priced alternatives?

Zweihander

Considering a new chair purchase with my tax-refund...

Looked at the DXRacer, but that seems extremely $$$ for a chair.  Any alternative suggestions? 

20$ at wallmart or spending money on a real chair,

That sounds extremely uncomfortable. 

Looked at the DXRacer, but that seems extremely $$$ for a chair.  Any alternative suggestions? 

How much are those NeedForSeat chairs?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

If you think how often you sit infront of your PC and how little money you spend on the thing you are using the most, get a good chair

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

How much are those NeedForSeat chairs?

Some are more expensive. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

That sounds extremely uncomfortable. 

lol exactly

in my eyes you should not spend less then 300$ on a chair

They are not expensive for the quality.

At least not when it comes to chairs ment to be used 24/7 (yes, chairs are rated in hours they are ment to be used).

Around the same price as the DX chairs...

Some are more expensive. 

You would expect them to be cheaper.. Because.. *cough* rip-off design *cough*

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

go to Office Depot / Office Max / Staples, or whatever office supply store is nearby and sit down in every single chair until you find the best one. Don't buy a chair before you've tried it out.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

Why don't you go to an office store and try out chairs that would actually be comfortable as opposed to blowing so much money on a chair that more than likely won't be as comfortable as a normal office chair?

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

go to Office Depot / Office Max / Staples, or whatever office supply store is nearby and sit down in every single chair until you find the best one. Don't buy a chair before you've tried it out.

Although this is a good suggestion, I've done this before at Office Depot and found their chairs to be absolutely horrible. 

Hmm, perhaps I'll just keep the chair I have now. It's not terrible, I suppose...  <_<

uCBl82V.jpg

I wish I had the money...

http://www.hermanmiller.com/products/seating/performance-work-chairs/aeron-chairs.html

Tho I'm looking to get one of the chairs we have at work, they are pretty awesome too and I know they can last since we've had them for ages and a lot of them are in mint condition still.

http://www.kinnarps.com/en/us/ProductsInspiration/Office/DeskChairs/Product/?prodid=121889#

We have a model very similar to this one, but I think it's so old they don't make it anymore.

Decent looking chair.

On a side note, why was this moved to the computer hardware -> periphreal section? Is a chair considered a computer periphreal? 

I honestly dont' care, I'm just curious...  :ph34r:

Does anyone here actually own a DX chair? 

I own a DXracer model F chair and absolutely love it.  It's very comfortable for my gaming sessions which can go a few hours sometimes.  Also they recline and have good lumbar support as well as a pillow for your head.  Whether or not you wanna spend $300+ for a chair is up to you, but I for one am glad I did.  If you happen to order one I recommend contacting dxracer and figure out which chair is best for your size.

That probably won't work. You would need to sit there for about 5 hours, and find out if the chair is comfortable then.

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

• 1 year later...

I'm not sure what the prices are like over in the US but GT Omega seem like a good alternative than DX Racer, here in the UK they are about £100 cheaper while appearing to offer similar quality