960 VS 750TI

lucien303

yeah hay guys just a question look im doing  abuild i orriganally was going to go 970 but my budget has taken a shot in the heart so ive tried to tial it down and i dont know weather to go to the new 960 or 750ti i dont realy care about price so if i could just have an oppinion thankyou

my build is going to be

Cpu) intel haswell pentium anniversary edition 3.2 ghz unlocked (I know i could go amd but they get hot and i live australia its currently 41oC outside (106oF) so yeah not a good idea plus i can overclock later when i've got a good cooler)

Gpu) Nvidia gigabyte OC windforce gtx 970 or hwt ever after this post

MB) gigabyte g1 sniper b5 (i Know its fluorescent green but my case doesn't have a window (thank god =D))

Ram) 8gb hyper x fury 1600mhz 4gbx2 (works with motherboard) 

Psu) EVGA 600w 80 plus bronze 

Hdd) WD 1tb green sata 3

Ssd) Patriot blaze 120gb sata3

Optcl) Asus 24x dvd/rw 

Case) antec 4000B mid tower

yeah hay guys just a question look im doing  abuild i orriganally was going to go 970 but my budget has taken a shot in the heart so ive tried to tial it down and i dont know weather to go to the new 960 or 750ti i dont realy care about price so if i could just have an oppinion thankyou

my build is going to be

Cpu) intel haswell pentium anniversary edition 3.2 ghz unlocked (I know i could go amd but they get hot and i live australia its currently 41oC outside (106oF) so yeah not a good idea plus i can overclock later when i've got a good cooler)

Gpu) Nvidia gigabyte OC windforce gtx 970 or hwt ever after this post

MB) gigabyte g1 sniper b5 (i Know its fluorescent green but my case doesn't have a window (thank god =D))

Ram) 8gb hyper x fury 1600mhz 4gbx2 (works with motherboard) 

Psu) EVGA 600w 80 plus bronze 

Hdd) WD 1tb green sata 3

Ssd) Patriot blaze 120gb sata3

Optcl) Asus 24x dvd/rw 

Case) antec 4000B mid tower

What do you plan to play and the Amds run hot thing is myth.

CPU: some amd thing Motherboard: its black RAM: its memory thats for sure GPU: r7 260x Case: corsair spec 01 Storage: 1tb of it PSU: 430w, so many watts

Display: its asus Cooling: fans Keyboard: logitech g710+ #browns4lyfe Mouse: its a logitech Sound: its what you hear Operating System: winders  

Not really. AMD's temp monitors aren't accurate (I think they measure the socket rather than the cores? IDK) and they DO generate more heat, the recorded temperature is just lower than Intel's recorded temperatures. And given the temps are so high in AU I'm guessing he wants to reduce the amount of heat pumped into his room as much as possible lol

Also if you don't care about price dif between 750 Ti and 960, why are you getting a Pentium? You could spend that money on an Intel i3 which will blow an OCd Pentium outta the water, and then throw in a Radeon R9 270 or R7 265 which is faster than the 750 Ti at about the same price.

Intel i5-4690K @ 3.8GHz || Gigabyte Z97X-SLI || 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz || Asus GTX 760 2GB @ 1150 / 6400 || 128GB A-Data SX900 + 1TB Toshiba 7200RPM || Corsair RM650 || Fractal 3500W

Or you cold go for an AMD R9 280X. Just saying. :)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

ok well every things got something to yeall about tell me everything i need to change and tell me what to my budget is 1000 and under

and the amd things is not a myth i running it now it blue screens on like 35 degree days and up its just so hot and ive got a corsiar aio water cooler that i wail be transering over dont you tell me they dont get hot

ok well every things got something to yeall about tell me everything i need to change and tell me what to my budget is 1000 and under

and the amd things is not a myth i running it now it blue screens on like 35 degree days and up its just so hot and ive got a corsiar aio water cooler that i wail be transering over dont you tell me they dont get hot

Ok well I would say 960 and maybe get a 4690k

CPU: some amd thing Motherboard: its black RAM: its memory thats for sure GPU: r7 260x Case: corsair spec 01 Storage: 1tb of it PSU: 430w, so many watts

Display: its asus Cooling: fans Keyboard: logitech g710+ #browns4lyfe Mouse: its a logitech Sound: its what you hear Operating System: winders  

No its not. Look at the benchmarks. They run a lot hotter.

Although there are quite a few people that prefer spending less money for a hotter card, so they buy AMD.

ALso its not just heat, but also power consumption which increases drastically, and noise too.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Although there are quite a few people that prefer spending less money for a hotter card, so they buy AMD.

ALso its not just heat, but also power consumption which increases drastically, and noise too.

Can you give me a link to "the benchmarks"

AMD CPUs - The heater built right into your PC! :P JK

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

I personally own a GTX 750 ti coupled with a 6 core AMD Phenom ii X6 1065t (3.5 ghz) and I am capable of the following:

Battlefield 3: 50-60 fps Max settings 

Call of Duty Advanced Warfare: 60 fps Max settings

Minecraft: 200-500 fps Max Settings 

Thief: 30 fps Max Settings 

Being that both cards are considered as a low-medium entry level cards, the price difference between the GTX 750 ti and GTX 960 is not worth the performance increase. I recommend purchasing an AMD GPU, specifically the r9 280 as AMD is well known for their high "price to performance" ratio products. 

Can you give me a link to "the benchmarks"

67933.png

67934.png

post-4438-0-50190500-1422685396_thumb.pn

GTX-970-STRIX-49.jpg

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

These are all graphics cards, I am talking CPUs. By the way 100th post! :D

These are all graphics cards, I am talking CPUs. By the way 100th post! :D

This topic is about graphics cards...

But anyway, their CPUs use a lot more power.

FX-9590-73.jpg

Their temps are lower because their TJmax is also lower. Even though AMD CPUs usually run at 60-65C, their maximum safe temp is 62C while for intel it is 95C (with a 105C TJ max)

So yeah you can expect hotter temperatures on intel CPUs, but its safe for them unlike AMD. This comes from the massive core performance increase over AMD.

And were talking about their normal CPUs here. When you get into the 95xx AMD CPUs those are just absurdly hot and power hungry, while still being worse than intel. Luckily almost nobody buys those though, so theyre not really a problem to the average consumer.

Spoiler

Not really. AMD's temp monitors aren't accurate

Once the temperature gets over 45ish it starts to give more accurate results.

This topic is about graphics cards...

Actually the part about AMD running hot is from

I live in NQLD and have to drop my overclock back down to 4.2Ghz otherwise it will overheat because my room temperatures is so high. Summer sucks for OCing on air in Australia.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

hay everyone yeah thanks ive taken in everything that you guys have said but i will be going with @huilun02 proposition but with a few samll tweeks thanks alot anyway everyone big help cheers!