Fallout 3 or NV, and why?

XDroidie626

I am looking at playing one of the fallouts, but which one? which would you suggest is best any why?

Thanks!

What does an Transformer get? Life insurance or car insurance? - Russell Howard - Standup (Made me giggle a bit)

I liked both as I sunk atleast 100 hours into both of them. It's been a while since I played 3 though. You are either picking DC or Vegas. People said DC looked baron and Vegas had more atmosphere. They are both cheap though, usually during the major Steam sales, the complete edition is around 5 bucks.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

Fallout 3 is much more atmospheric, a lot more gritty, it feels more true to the original two, and it's by and far my favorite Fallout game, let alone in my Top 3 favorite games. New Vegas does have its quirks, but largely Fallout 3 did everything New Vegas did..first. If you want to roam a destroyed city, go for Fallout 3. if you want to roam an empty desert, go to New Vegas. I don't think I had to deal with radiation but once in New Vegas, whereas it was a part of survival in 3. Everything New Vegas introduced, mods were already available for in 3. (Iron Sights, improved Followers, etc.) 

Fallout 3 > Fallout: New Vegas in my book. 

Fallout 3. Was just a better overall experience for me. New Vegas was good but it seemed like whatever you did you could never have the pure good or pure evil character. To many quests where they try to make it all sound gray. You saved the family trapped but the crops died so everyone will starve! Or you saved the crops but the family died! Some of the monsters are also fairly unbalanced at times in New Vegas.  

Fallout 3. Was just a better overall experience for me. New Vegas was good but it seemed like whatever you did you could never have the pure good or pure evil character. To many quests where they try to make it all sound gray. You saved the family trapped but the crops died so everyone will starve! Or you saved the crops but the family died! Some of the monsters are also fairly unbalanced at times in New Vegas.  

Ahem...

HDwSuBy.png

Interesting opinions here, I finished Fallout 3, loved it, around 200 hours into it. I haven't gotten into NV yet but TotalBiscuit and Logan from TS both rated NV better than Fallout 3 so I guess, they're both good. :D

I prefer fallout 3. Technically, NV is probably the better game, but it's tough to beat the atmosphere of fallout 3 imo. The music in fallout 3 alone puts its over NV and while some hated the wandering sewers it was one of my favorite parts. I haven't play NV in a while though and I just finished about 100hrs in 3. Excuse me while I go dl NV.

Case: NZXT H440 CPU: i7 4790k CPU Cooler: Kraken x61 Motherboard: Sabertooth Mark 1 RAM: Dominator Platinum 16gb Storage: 120gb EVO 840/WD 750gb GPU: 2x Nvidia GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 850 G2

PCPartPicker Link: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/m9yfrH

-snip-

You'll going to have to make an appointment. I'm booked for the next 2 months with legionary assassins spawning every time I fast travel somewhere. 

Allot of People say F3 was a better game but New Vegas was just bigger and better all around IMHO. The campaign was to short in F3.

Both are good but I will recommend New Vegas.

It just feels like there is more to it (bigger,/larger, more quests etc), the music is better, the story and quests feeling more fulfilling. The mods available for it are amazing as well. Seriously. Play NV first, and then Fallout 3.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Both are good but I will recommend New Vegas.

It just feels like there is more to it (bigger,/larger, more quests etc), the music is better, the story and quests feeling more fulfilling. The mods available for it are amazing as well. Seriously. Play NV first, and then Fallout 3.

Ya man F3 was like a demo com paired to NV LOL.

I personally preferred Fallout 3 for its better wasteland feel but I really enjoyed NV's quests because they are really fun and funny (if you choose certain options). I also liked the characters better in NV but both are really fun and really cheap now a days so I would just get both! 

I think Fallout 3 was better but the only pain was navigating the tunnels. Otherwise it feels more "apocalyptic" and has a better story imo.

<p> AMD Ryzen 7 5800x l ASUS TUF X570-PLUS l G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series RGB 32GB l Sapphire Pulse RX 7900 XTX

I've played both few times through. I prefer New Vegas. Mostly because it has a lot better leveling up system where it gives a perk every 2 levels. So it doesn't make you OP Jack of all in a few hours and you have to specialize basically throughout the whole game. And the leveling felt a bit more balanced in NV compared to FO3. It also has a fairly good faction system where siding with one will make you the enemy of others and keep you neutral with some other third factions. It also has weapon attachments.

I also prefer the story and how the world looks in NV over FO3.

Also a lot of hardcore FO1 and 2 players say that NV is a lot more true to the original game with the setting and the world. I would not know about it personally.

One thing that a lot of people don't like with NV is the fairly linear beginning. It takes about 10 hours to truly open up.

And both have tons of mods that can change a lot of the gameplay elements to fit your play style.

Tough one. I'll say Fallout 3, because a shitty desert is a shitty desert, apocalypse or not. Fallout NV might as well have taken place today and the world would look largely the same.

While Fallout 3 is Fallout.

That said, FO:NV is a good game and I recommend playing both.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Main story i preferred Fallout 3, but New vegas has more content throughout, more side quests, more locations, weapons, and fallout 3 kinda feels like loads of instances whereas New Vegas is more of a 'free' open world :) I would suggest fallout 3, and then new vegas after because thats how i played them, and i love them both :) hope i helped :)

If you can only get one then New Vegas has more stuff do do etc, but overall i prefer Fallout 3 :)