Overclocking troubles

ok, so right now ive got an FX-6100 running at 3.9Ghz relatively stable via ASUS Turbo V on my motherboard (M5A99X) but as soon as it goes over 4Ghz its not stable, and i can't do any overclocking from the bios because everything is set to auto (multiplier and fsb) and yet even when i set it to manual, i can't change anything at all, can someone please help? i don't need the extra perforance right now, it would just be nice to be able to get a higher clock out of it. also if your wondering, im using the Zalman Ultimate Liquid Thick 120mm cpu cooler with a single Cougar Vortex @60cfm 1200rpm

Update: i have it running at 4026Mhz (236x17) and its seeming stable at the moment, going to test in game and see what happens, voltage is at 1.26250V from the auto overlclocking utility,(i pushed it further) but any help is welcomed as it doesn't like going over 4Ghz on all six cores, though i can drop it down to 4 or 2 via the bios if necessary

My System

CPU - 3570K@4.4Ghz | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100 in pull | Motherboard - ASUS P8Z77-V PRO | RAM - G.Skill RipJawX Blue 8GB 2133Mhz | GPU - Gigabyte Windforce X3 HD7970 | SSD - Patriot Pyro SE 120GB | HDD Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU - Corsair TX850V2 | Case - Bitfenix Shinobi XL 

Might be that your specific CPU doesn't go any further. The silicon lottery is a big part of overclocking.

How are you testing your overclock? Gaming won't tell you if it is properly stable or not. You have to run Prime95 on blend for over 12 hours before calling it 'stable'.

How are you testing your overclock? Gaming won't tell you if it is properly stable or not. You have to run Prime95 on blend for over 12 hours before calling it 'stable'.
actually, i found a cool trick that is way faster, if you load up minecraft in creative mode and fly around the world, if it's choppy then the overclock is unstable, ive tried it multiple times and its only ever choppy on an unstable overclock

My System

CPU - 3570K@4.4Ghz | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100 in pull | Motherboard - ASUS P8Z77-V PRO | RAM - G.Skill RipJawX Blue 8GB 2133Mhz | GPU - Gigabyte Windforce X3 HD7970 | SSD - Patriot Pyro SE 120GB | HDD Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU - Corsair TX850V2 | Case - Bitfenix Shinobi XL 

That's neither objective, nor a good measure of your overclock. Prime stresses each core, minecraft simply doesn't. An overclock may be stable for 11 hours, however the following hour you may find a single error. If that happens, it's time to start over. Minecraft will not pick on that sort of thing, so it may seem fine, yet in reality it really isn't.

i have tested the overclock for a while now, im going to test overnight to determine for sure, but so far it seems to be perfectly stable...

My System

i have tested the overclock for a while now' date=' im going to test overnight to determine for sure, but so far it seems to be perfectly stable...[/quote']

Using prime i hope? Ok, good luck. :)

Well prime is not the best stress tester as it doesn't stresses the whole architecture. At least that is how it was not sure now. Aida64 stresses the whole architecture.