Sennheiser HD650 = HOLY BALLS!

Valhallatier

They're actually only $700 when you buy used. And new they're closer to $1000-1200

LCD-3?

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Ummmm, you said HD650 is dark, while:

That means your ears are broken. Must be all those treble grains....

Still no idea what the hell you are talking about. What is treble grain?

They're butt ugly tho

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Implying anyone cares at this price point.

As in they're too cheap to care or too expensive to care?

Because for audio, 300 dollars isn't too ridiculous

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

As in they're too cheap to care or too expensive to care?

Because for audio, 300 dollars isn't too ridiculous

As in, if you care about looks, when spending this much money on something who's main function has nothing to do with looks, then you shouldn't be spending this much money on it.

LCD-3?

LCD-2

I actually just looked at their website and it's $995 for new. I knew it was somewhere around there but didn't know how much it actually was so I just gave it a range. 

As in, if you care about looks, when spending this much money on something who's main function has nothing to do with looks, then you shouldn't be spending this much money on it.

Fair enough

About that....I'm not so sure myself. Gotta ask the one who came out with that term the first place....

LCD-2

I actually just looked at their website and it's $995 for new. I knew it was somewhere around there but didn't know how much it actually was so I just gave it a range. 

It's only natural to drop the price, as they're trying to sell the LCD-3. But then again, even if at $1200 mark, the LCD-3 is still twice the price tho.

LCD-2

tru, creatip mentioned lcd-3 so i thought he was talking about LCD-3, coz dats how much they are (1500-2k) give or take

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

About that....I'm not so sure myself. Gotta ask the one who came out with that term the first place....

It's they way head-fi mouth-breathers talk about 50 spunks into a circle jerk. Might as well ignore.

Just because you think they sound like this, doesn't mean everyone does.

If someone thinks they're dark, they're dark to them. If they think they're "natural" then they're natural to them.

Seeing as they have a very large treble roll-off, you could say they're dark.

Audio is EXTREMELY subjective, just because you love HD650 the most doesn't mean everyone will.  People that don't like a large treble roll-off may not think it sounds very good and lean more towards other things for instance.

yes i agree its subjective....  though dont accuse the headphones, accuse your hearings :rolleyes:

but again i have a feeling you guys judge it with badly recorded/mastered recording. And at that point, why waste money on such stuff eh :P

When 2 things meet each other, Quantum stuff happens.

but again i have a feeling you guys judge it with badly recorded/mastered recording. And at that point, why waste money on such stuff eh :P

oh mai gawd, I have to listen to Audiophile-approved jazz, classical, and blues in order to get the best out of my headphones.  I mean there are totally no J-pop songs that are better mastered than 99% of American top-40 right? /s

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

One day i will own a pair of lcd-2's.

HE-500s are just as good, and you might actually be able to replace the pads on the HE-500s.

*LCD-2 owner (on my head right now)

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

Is the HD650 dark? i would say no, they are perfect. if you think its dark then your ears are broken with all the treble grain in headphones. 

I would say your ears are broken if you don't think they're dark. I agree they're perfect, but that doesn't make them non-dark.

Additionally, about your "badly mastered music" rants, I generally find I want to listen to a well mastered song with headphones with MORE treble. The 650 makes everything sound good, but great music deserves a slightly more faithful representation.

HE-500s are just as good, and you might actually be able to replace the pads on the HE-500s.

*LCD-2 owner (on my head right now)

I just heard the lcd-2 today and they sound great although i dont want to admit it they are probably a little too dark for me which i thought was something that i would never say. I'm looking into getting better amping for my he-500's as they are running off a vali currently and after hearing the he-560's running off of a rgnarok and an eh-6 it seems to not be best suited for them at all.

I just heard the lcd-2 today and they sound great although i dont want to admit it they are probably a little too dark for me which i thought was something that i would never say. I'm looking into getting better amping for my he-500's as they are running off a vali currently and after hearing the he-560's running off of a rgnarok and an eh-6 it seems to not be best suited for them at all.

Definitely shouldn't be plugging a low impedance planar into a tube amp, but the Ragnarok is just stupid.

Additionally, about your "badly mastered music" rants, I generally find I want to listen to a well mastered song with headphones with MORE treble. The 650 makes everything sound good, but great music deserves a slightly more faithful representation.

That's why the DT880 is clearly superior.

That's why the DT880 is clearly superior.

I think Beyerdynamic treble is too harsh, so I prefer AKG's for this use. To each his own.

I will defend to the death that the AD1000x is the ultimate J-pop headphone for $300  :P

No arguments here, lol. 

Does jpop actually sound good through any headphone?!?!?    :P

lol u guys talking bout jpop, most asian music are so badly mastered, no audio combination can make them natural. unless you use some sort of processing.
The Beyerdynamic T1 has accentuated treble and nasty sibilance, HD 800 has nasty peak at the 6khz, means its dry and tizzy as f*k. All audio technica doesn't have that stereo imaging.
Is the HD650 dark? i would say no, they are perfect. if you think its dark then your ears are broken with all the treble grain in headphones. And dont judge with badly mastered/recorded music. especially in digital format where its all compressed stuff and has that digital tinged. The reference here is how its like listening to Vinyl or some analog recording, and the HD650 is the one where its 'kinda' does that.

And no... i dont support hedfi...

post-7799-0-10004300-1390764693_thumb.pn

Bitches don't know about muh Miophones.

post-7799-0-80694700-1422668955_thumb.jp

Bitches don't know about muh doujin collection.

post-7799-0-10004300-1390764693_thumb.pn

post-7799-0-80694700-1422668955_thumb.jp

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

I think Beyerdynamic treble is too harsh, so I prefer AKG's for this use. To each his own.

I was actually being facetious.

I would say your ears are broken if you don't think they're dark. I agree they're perfect, but that doesn't make them non-dark.

yes i think they're dark, but just in relatives to my other headphones. if one listen to an HD650 and automatically assume its dark, then probably a treble-head is judging lel...

and i dont know bout u, but my HD650 plays good recording the best out of my headphones, well except orchestral music or "many-instruments-stuff "

When 2 things meet each other, Quantum stuff happens.