AMD offering a deal on their cards if you return your 970!

TheMidnightNarwhal

The hate is strong on this one.

I'm glad you can infer tone of voice through text. Are you a wizard? 

Yeah, I like nvidia cards. But drivers have definitely not been their selling point lately either.

IDLE CLOCKS MULTI-DISPLAY ANYONE? 899mhz ftw.

Still, I haven't had an AMD card since the ATI 9800 Pro, so I don't know. Maybe i'm spoiled by nvidia's drivers for all i know.

Even AMD giving away their R9 290s would't compensate for their shitty drivers.

SHOTS FIRED.

If you have ever been through these issues with AMD drivers you completely agree with the above statement.
You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

Have you even tried the OMEGA drivers?

They are quite good.

Then again you dont have a AMD card.

Kid, I've had more AMD cards than you've had years alive on this planet. 

If you have ever been through these issues with AMD drivers you completely agree with the above statement.

I went through enough crap with 5xxx and 6xxx cards that I switched over to Nvidia. 

I never said it was smart.

Thats the deal.

I woundlt take because the 970 oces up to 1500 MHZ.

Yummy.

I can bench @ 1591 :D

I went through enough crap with 5xxx and 6xxx cards that I switched over to Nvidia.

Ya my 290 was an absolute nightmare!! That is why i switched to Nvidia. I have had no issues since. :D

Im sure.

Have you had a AMD card in the last 6 months?

If you not your opinion is irrelevant.

Im 21 btw sooo.

Ya my 290 was an absolute nightmare!! That is why i switched to Nvidia. I have had no issues since. :D

I've only used 290s for mining, which in the Canadian winter works nicely because I can heat the home AND melt all the snow on the driveways

Yea, bullshit. More like 14-18. No 21 year old is as stubborn and thick headed as you. Even 21 year olds have some common sense and aren't childish. 

Do you want a picture my college card?

I will provide.

I attend ISEP in portugal and im in my last year of IT course.

Do you want a picture my college card?

I will provide.

I attend ISEP in portugal and im in my last year of IT course.

Go ahead, but you don't need to validate yourself to strangers on the internet. I didn't even ask for proof. Your demeanour in various threads leads to the logical conclusion that you aren't a grown man at all, given the way you knee jerk react to everything and take things so personally. 

Go ahead, but you don't need to validate yourself to strangers on the internet. I didn't even ask for proof. Your demeanour in various threads leads to the logical conclusion that you aren't a grown man at all, given the way you knee jerk react to everything and take things so personally. 

Says the guy who hasn't even tried OMEGA drivers and keeps calling AMD drivers shit.

Real unbiased  and logical rationale there.

Holy christ :D

Thats the only reason to get a 970 , INSANE OVERCLOCKS.

Thats why i love this card and wouldn't return it. Check my graphic scores in the 3D mark Firestrike thread and HWbot. 980 performance on air and stock bios!! I also have not had any vtam issues in any game. No MS at all and i can load it up to 3.8gb. Thats why i wont return it. I still feel bad for those that are having problems because it is a great performing card.

Thats why i love this card and wouldn't return it. Check my graphic scores in the 3D mark Firestrike thread and HWbot. 980 performance on air and stock bios!! I also have not had any vtam issues in any game. No MS at all and i can load it up to 3.8gb. Thats why i wont return it. I still feel bad for those that are having problems because it is a great performing card.

I think that the 970 is excellent for 1080p and 1440p gaming.

The 290x is still great if you dont have enough money.

But if you are an enthusiast , oh boy you will get a lot of enjoyment out of the card.

Who gets a 970 and doesn't OC isnt getting their deserved performance.

Man that intel makes the best gpus.

Mine that can run LOL at 60 fps.

Im actually running intel graphics right know ,plz help me.

I used my intel hd 4600 graphics for a few months until I saved enough for my Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming, I was playing skyrim on that thing and streaming it at the same time just fine lol. 

(i5 4690K)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I used my intel hd 4600 graphics for a few months until I saved enough for my Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming, I was playing skyrim on that thing and streaming it at the same time just fine lol. 

(i5 4690K)

I think thats what i have , im running an i3 let me check

Intel® HD Graphics 4400

Damn , its still not bad for LOL.

If this only applies to current radeon cards, I'm not interested, but I wouldn't complain about a cheap upgrade to a r9 380(x).

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

I have to admit, the latest driver and my experience with my 970 was somewhat...unstable.

But I think that might have something to do with afterburner forcing the fan off the whole time and it kinda... overheated xD

Unlucky man!

Mine after I got it working has made Youtube bug and sometimes completely makes my second screen go blank while any things in full screen :(

I sense a fanboy war coming xD