AMD offering a deal on their cards if you return your 970!

TheMidnightNarwhal

EVGA are doing that if you have a EVGA card...

WHAT?! Nice move EVGA, i sadly have a Strix. Do you have a link for that? :D

who cares...

I love your sig.

Enjoy it while i am around because people are actively trying to ban me.

2 points is one warning  ;) and that wont be hard with over 15 senior members reporting every slight coc breach you make. believe me, every troll either got sense beaten into him, or was banned. take your pick

Yes, they can be equally bad for being dicks about it. One person's bad actions does not justify the bad behaviour of the other. And what AMD is doing now is uninspired and juvinile. I mean, the guy who posted the "4GB means 4GB" is even using memes. I mean really? You have a high position in a company and you use memes? 

If someone hits you in the face, and you stab him you will still go to jail.

Actually, no, you won't go to jail. Whomever makes the first physical assault is automatically in the wrong and anything you do in retaliation is deemed self defense for as long as you believe there to be an active threat. Guy with the knife will get off scott free, and the idiot who threw the first punch will land his ass in jail once he's out of the hospital.

And marketing isn't simple domestic violence, its war. You know the saying, "All's fair in love and war". Don't act as if AMD did something shocking and the all mighty Nvidia would never stoop to this level, the two of them are like a couple children flailing their arms and going for any cheap shot they find. This is what happens when a market is completely dominated by two parties for a prolonged period of time, the aggressiveness of their attacks escalates because there is no 3rd party to hold them accountable. I guarantee you this: for as long as these two companies exist, they will perpetually smack each other around. They always have and they always will.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

lol
i had a talk in with the marketing head if AMD today morning , this is what happened 

aaYlTfz.png

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

I would also pick a 970 personally, I love my current 770 and .5 gb of ram wouldn't matter to me and anyways they working on fixing it.

You wouldn't mind having a 1.5GB card?

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

I got NVIDIA and never had a problem either, :P

The only GPU i've ever had die on me is my 9600GT  2 years after purchase :(

Its 100% random and almost pure luck as to which side dies and which lives.  My crossfire 6870s are still running hard!

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

The only GPU i've ever had die on me is my 9600GT  2 years after purchase :(

Its 100% random and almost pure luck as to which side dies and which lives.  My crossfire 6870s are still running hard!

Yeah I know. I might get a AMD card next if it equals price of 970 and better than it.

3.5Gb with slow process on the last .5 . No I would not mind.

That would kill my 270x.

I woundlt be able to run my games if that was the case.

i would just throw it in the nearest garbage bin.

Or sell it at alow price.

If i had 1.5 GB + 0.5 GB

WHAT?! Nice move EVGA, i sadly have a Strix. Do you have a link for that? :D

I don't remember where I found it but it'snot official, you have to contact them, I will try to find it for you, was on PCMR Reddit I believe.

That would kill my 270x.

I woundlt be able to run my games if that was the case.

i would just throw it in the nearest garbage bin.

Or sell it at alow price.

If i had 1.5 GB + 0.5 GB

What?

I actually love when companies do this sort of advertising. It provides much needed comedy to events. You know since companies will always push their biggest features and at times compare themselves to the competition often to promote their own product. So when the competition makes a cock-up you can bet money that rivals will jump on it, often with comedic results since its not an official ad campaign for the product but rather a troll campaign to poke fun at the rivals.

Its like way back when Xbox One would not allow game trade-ins and Sony just came out and said trade-ins allowed. They even made a video just for the purpose of trolling Microsoft and it was hilarious.

lol, that was hilarious. the xbot reactions were priceless.

----

I think AMD timed their response appropriately here as well. If they had've taken jabs before the dust settled, then it would have been dirty. Instead, Nvidia ducked a fatal headshot and AMD are sitting beside them in the trenches watching, and once Nvidia had calmed down, then AMD took some jabs at them for being so careless. AMD waited until Nvidia were clear of harm before having a laugh. even then, someone without a sense of humor is bound to be offended.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

What?

If my 270x had the same problem as the 970.

I would not be able to run modern games,.

Imagine that my 270x had 1.5 GB of vram plus 0.5 GB of slow VRAM:

I would sell it and buy another card.

Probably a gtx 960 or 280.

Does anyone not remember AMD from 20 years ago when they actually were better than intel to a point? They took jabs everytime Intel messed up but don't now because intel just crushes them, not so with Nvidia since AMD has rivaling cards.

The point is, AMD has always been an asshole.

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

3.5Gb with slow process on the last .5 . No I would not mind.

You said you're happy with your 770 and wouldn't mind having .5GB less.

This is your build right?

http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/244p4j/build_complete_1900_without_tax_build_with/

So unless I'm mistaken you have a 2GB version of the GTX 770 and said you wouldn't be bothered having 1.5GB of VRAM.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

If my 270x had the same problem as the 970.

I would not be able to run modern games,.

Imagine that my 270x had 1.5 GB of vram plus 0.5 GB of slow VRAM:

I would sell it and buy another card.

Probably a gtx 960 or 280.

Well a 270x is less powerful than a 970, so it's kind off obvious.

You said you're happy with your 770 and wouldn't mind having .5GB less.

This is your build right?

http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/244p4j/build_complete_1900_without_tax_build_with/

So unless I'm mistaken you have a 2GB version of the GTX 770 and said you wouldn't be bothered having .5GB less VRAM.

Yes that's my build. Wouldn't mind on a 4gb card. Sorry didn't really mention that.

I don't remember where I found it but it'snot official, you have to contact them, I will try to find it for you, was on PCMR Reddit I believe.

Hm, what chances do i have if i ask Asus for an upgrade? :D They'll probably tell me to move on and get working if i want two 980s. :D

who cares...

Has NVIDIA ever fired shots against AMD like this?

Lol, is that sarcastic?

Sure but still that memory issue would kill my card that otherwise performs great at my resolution.

Do you understand?

Oh I understand what you mean. Sorry, didn't mention I wouldn't mind only a 4 gb card :P

Hm, what chances do i have if i ask Asus for an upgrade? :D They'll probably tell me to move on and get working if i want two 980s. :D

Ha ha ha, yeah. Next GPU, if I go NVIDIA, probably be an EVGA. Did not had a chance to deal with ASUS Canada support yet, nor any but I hear so much good stuff about EVGA.

Eh, kinda dirty trick from AMD, don't like nvidia for what they did but still:

Advertise your product based on how good it is, not based on how bad the rest are.

You dont have to be the best, just better than everyone else

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.