AMD offering a deal on their cards if you return your 970!

TheMidnightNarwhal

Nvidia just lied to your face in the name of marketing.

and amd is being childish? right. 

They didn't lied, they just have slow ram issues or something like that. The card does have 4gb, it's when it hits the last .5gb that is had problems.

Has NVIDIA ever fired shots against AMD like this?

Well. Nobody at Nvidia is going to cry over this. They are companies, not our buddies. Publicly traded companies, no less.

This is a fun move from AMD. I'm intrigued what the deal might be.

both did shit... i agree but feeding of others failure is just morally wrong 

bad karma amd bad karma 

Nvidia is what most of us would call a pussy when it comes to their PR. AMD actually has a backbone to point fingers when someone screws up.

They didn't lied, they just have slow ram issues or something like that. The card does have 4gb, it's when it hits the last .5gb that is had problems.

They did lie, they straight up advertised the device as having  56 more ROPs and more cache then it actually does.

and sure the 4gb may be there but only 3.5gb usable is kinda......

My point is NVIDIA does all this shit in the name of marketing and we have tons of people defending them and when AMD plays off it they get attacked and are apparently stooping so low?

Come off it x.x

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

Welcome to the world of marketing. 

"Our competition did something really shitty! come buy one of our cards! we didnt do that one thing that they just did!"

I love that when nvidia does shady as shit marketing its "just marketing, settle down" but when AMD plays off a nvidia marketing failure in the name of marketing the forum cries "childish!"

There's always been a double standard when it comes to internet buzz between AMD and Nvidia.  as the old proverb goes: "The nail that sticks out gets hammered down," and AMD love sticking out.

Plus, it's easy to Slam AMD because they have their hands on everything in the micro-processor industry and are 45 years old. They're a monolith that take few shots but when they do, they are precise. With Nvidia you say one critical thing and people flock to protect them like a mother defending their child. It's uncanny really.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

If this is so I dislike AMD even more for leeching off of the succes of others by simply not doing anything interesting or innovative and point out wrongdoings in other people's ambitions then good job AMD. I dislike you even more.

This is very cheap on their part. And I don't believe a word of it. 

Sounds to me like amd is a bit of an asshole

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

i dont care. I will always take what has the best price/performance or feature i want. This is good for the consumer. The more battles between AMD and Nvidia better the price, performance and software will be.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

Sounds to me like amd is a bit of an asshole

Again...NVIDIA just lied to your goddamn face....and AMD is the asshole? 

Come.Off.It.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

i dont care. I will always take whats cheapest. This is good for the consumer.

Always going for cheap is NOT good for us consumers. It shifts focus from quality to quantity in the long run.

If this is so I dislike AMD even more for leeching off of the succes of others by simply not doing anything interesting or innovative and point out wrongdoings in other people's ambitions then good job AMD. I dislike you even more.

This is very cheap on their part. And I don't believe a word of it. 

Calm down , Nvidia took a jab at their drivers.

It only normal for AMD to take advantage of this.

Come.Off.It.

Yes, they can be equally bad for being dicks about it. One person's bad actions does not justify the bad behaviour of the other. And what AMD is doing now is uninspired and juvinile. I mean, the guy who posted the "4GB means 4GB" is even using memes. I mean really? You have a high position in a company and you use memes? 

If someone hits you in the face, and you stab him you will still go to jail.

they took a jab at thier drivers because amd drivers have been crap 100's of time's whereas nvidia has made a single mistake 

the amd:nvidia mistake ratio is 100*10^100:1 

What nvidia did is crap too lol?

And their drivers have been mostly fixed.

This is just two companies sharing banter between them.

NVIDIA were assholes and AMD are being assholes okay?

Come.Off.It.

yes nVidia fuck up, get over it, but this is just low on amds part.

i'll be keeping my gigabyte gtx 970 g1 gaming.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

they took a jab at thier drivers because amd drivers have been crap 100's of time's whereas nvidia has made a single mistake 

the amd:nvidia mistake ratio is 100*10^100:1

Right...I dont wanna scream fanboy but...ah..

There's always been a double standard when it comes to internet buzz between AMD and Nvidia.  as the old proverb goes: "The nail that sticks out gets hammered down," and AMD love sticking out.

Plus, it's easy to Slam AMD because they have their hands on everything in the micro-processor industry and are 45 years old. They're a monolith that take few shots but when they do, they are precise. With Nvidia you say one critical thing and people flock to protect them like a mother defending their child. It's uncanny really.

People like identifying with "their" company because they feel like its personal. They forget that they are multi-million (or sometimes billion) dollar corporations that couldnt care less about you as a person. And most people cant remember more than a few product cycles back and forget how good AMD has been for so many years, just because they have had a few cycles of bad CPUs or hot GPUs, and totally forget how nVidia has had cards i could fry eggs on. Or the other way around for god knows how many other things.

People are stupid, companies are just around to make money.

Buy whats best for you, and ignore companies you dont agree with.

Stop white knighting fucking companies, they have lawyers for that shit.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

Right...I dont wanna scream fanboy but...ah..

Yeah ONE SINGLE MISTAKE.

What about fucking AMD in the ass over gameworks.

WHat about fermi?

Do you want me to list all the mistake nvidia did?

Because i will fill this page right now.

Always going for cheap is NOT good for us consumers. It shifts focus from quality to quantity in the long run.

Well you take my comment out of context. I was saying that the more battles between amd and Nvidia  there are. The better it is for the consumer.

They will always need to be in front of the other. If AMD stopped going after Nvidia, there wouldn't be competition in the gpu market and we as consumer would get fucked in the end.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

People are stupid, companies are just around to make money.

Wrong. Companies exist to deliver products for reasonable prices. They should not be in the game for the money, and money alone.

And in this case, nvidia provided a good product for a reasonable price. It was advertised incorrectly, agreed, but the value was sound before this broke out and will continue to be good value know that the cat is out of the bag.

well another one ... but still less crap than amd's drivers 

They are both in the wrong here.

Both NVIDIA and AMD.

Stop leaning one way or the other or i will have to call you a fanboy im afraid.

A list of nvidia mistakes:

I don't even know why people are surprised or appalled by this kind of behavior from nVidia. They've been pulling stunts like this since the Geforce FX days. (I'm looking at you, FX 5800 Ultra.)

Actually, lets not stop at the 5800 Ultra and the disaster that was FlowFX, move on to 2006 with the launch of the 320MB 8800 GTS. A card released with too-little VRAM to make the overpriced 8800 GTX look like a sweet deal. In the end it really just made the 8800 GT the better option...

Speaking of 8800 GT, or more specifically the G92 chip, they sure did get their money's worth by re-releasing it for 3 years! (8800 GT in Q3 2007 all the way up to the GT 330 in Q1 2010!)

Oh what's that Fermi? You want in on this too? Well don't be late to the party! Oops, you were! By half a year, in fact. And when the highly anticipated GTX 480 FINALLY arrives, it releases as the single most expensive personal grill ever! Look nVidia, I know the GTX 480 can cook my steak in under 5 minutes but I really just wanted to play Crysis and Metro 2033.

Oh, what's that nVidia? You have the GTX 580 now? It's not nerfed by one SMX, it doesn't compete with the surface of the sun AND it's the same price? Oh you mean the 480 was supposed to suck? No? Well than what the hell is up with this?

(There were some problems with the GTX 600 series as well, but only at the mid tier.)

Basically, nVidia does this pretty much all the time. They are a company, they exist to make money, I get it. But they pretty much do not care for the customer. Well, that's not fair to say.

zappian enough already, my god you are intolerable!

How am i intolerable if im saying both and and nvidia are being assholes here?

Do you even read my posts?

Or do you just hear what you want to hear?

I wont shut up just because you tell me , who do you think you are?

zappian enough already, my god you are intolerable!

I dont wanna be that guy but you've done nothing but circlejerk about nvidia since this forums existed :)