What should I review next?

https://www.filegear.com

Your personal cloud device.

I found that this device seema cool. You can stream music, and share all your files with friends and storage is not an issue.

At least they claim it to be great.

I would love to see a comparison of the 2019 prosumer ultrabooks. I know Linus uses a Razer Blade Stealth as his daily driver so I imagine this is a topic where he could offer a great comparison for. The current competition that I know of would be, the Blade Stealth, Dell XPS 13, HP Spectre 13, Lenovo Thinkpad X1 & Macbook pro.

I know it is a hell of a list, but I think they would be great to compare, all come with fairly high end intel low power chips (plus the Blades discrete GPU), thunderbolt 3 & CNC machined Aluminium chassis (with the exception of the Lenovo with a Carbon fibre design).

No current large comparisons exist on the market for many of these laptops, It would also be great to see an LTT performance comparison when hooked up to eGPU via thunderbolt for video editing, CAD and even gaming workloads. Particularly with the 2019 Blades price bump I also wonder if one of the compared systems could unseat it as Linus' daily drive machine.

PC:

Monolith(Laptop): CPU: i7 5700HQ GPU: GTX 980M 8GB RAM: 2x8GB 1600MHz Storage: 2x128GB Samsung 850 EVO(Raid 0) + 1TB HGST 7200RPM Model: Gigabyte P35XV4 Mouse: Razer Orochi Headset: Turtle Beach Stealth 450

IoT:

Router: Netgear D7000 Nighthawk

NAS: Synology DS218j, 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf

Media Accelerator: Nvidia Shield via Plex

Phone: Sony Xperia X Compact

Odd place for my first post, but I'd like to see something kind of specific.

Indie game development. Specifically what's going to get you the most for the money in engines like Unreal, Unity and Cryengine. 

Granted this would be kind of involved since there isn't any real consistent methodology (except maybe making a level of a specific size and rendering shaders and lighting etc.) 

Why? Because the engine uses mutli and single cores for various tasks, so overall what's going to be the breadwinner. 

Intel with it's superior single and quad core performance, ryzen with it's superior cost, threadripper with it's high core counts and value (especially the 19xx tr series, and support for 29xx and presumably 3rd gen TR with a bios update)

Ram? Is 16gb enough (I know the answer already, yes but must be managed properly) or should 32 be the minimum. Any significant benefit to 64gb or more?

Vram? 4gb? 8gb? 11gb? RTX Titan???? Gaming cards do really well in the 3 engines I mentioned. Is a Quadro worth it?

I'm currently working on a project with an i5 7400, 16gb of DDR4 2666, and a GTX 1070 SC. I have also worked with a Microsoft Surface Pro for the same and was doable (albeit not fast and at the poorest graphics quality) so I know you don't need a beast computer to make it work, but what's the sweet spot?

Considering how much you love the LG Gram. This seems worth your time @LinusTech

https://www.lg.com/us/laptops/lg-17Z990-RAAS8U1-ultra-slim-laptop

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

Can you guys make the most ridiculous, idiotic, mess or weird parts as you can find? I know these parts aren't all compatible, but you did have a SODIMM to DIMM converter you showed off this year, the 4th gen HQ i7 BGA -> LGA converted processor, the SD card SSD, and several other weird or "off" products. 

I would love to see just how weird the PC can get and how well it performs. Just kinda enforce why we buy nice parts.

It would be cool if you could make a video about the Huawei Matebook D with an ryzen 5 amd vega 8 graphics.

big_matebook-d-style.jpg.jpg

Yo linus do a video about what's "inside your bag ces 2018" it's so clickbait right now and kind fine like the one you already done in the last years

For an episode Linus should build a pc out of a huge tv cabinet using multiple motherboards and the nicest monitor or monitors.?

Do a comparison of drawing tablets
(IE 50 dollar VS 100 VS Enthusiast screen built in)

Versus

Tablets

iPad mini VS Surface etc.

See how the computing experience differs. IE "Can I use just a pen if I so desire and never ever type on the keyboard? For daily tasks? Which is the best?"

"How is the drawing experience? Is a 50 dollar tablet on a cheap computer better than using a stylus for an iPad or is an iPad better than an enthusiast drawing tablet on an extreme desktop workstation?"

EDIT:

Comes from my small hobby desire to create digital art. I bought a H950P from Huion & found out with no manual driver installation, I can do quite a lot on it.

6 hours ago, fpo said:

Do a comparison of drawing tablets
(IE 50 dollar VS 100 VS Enthusiast screen built in)

Yes and then tear down each one, and put it back together and see if it will run.

For a video, it would be cool if you would try to make your own laptop in a sence, buy a Chassis for a laptop, custom cool it with watercooling and somehow cram a small mobo with a gpu that you can mount with a ryzer and mount the fans either down or somehow make it so you cram everything along the display so you have open air. Like it was in msi's laptop i believe.

Can you review the System76 Thelio Desktop?

https://system76.com/desktops

Not sure if mentioned already but Ryzen mobile would be pretty cool! Mainly because I own one :P 

Primary Laptop (Gearsy MK4): Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 24 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, 512 GB SSD+1TB SSD, 15.6 in 300 Hz IPS display

2021 Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition

Secondary Laptop (Uni MK2): Ryzen 7 5800HS, Nvidia GTX 1650, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, 512 GB SSD 

2021 Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 

Meme Machine (Uni MK1): Shintel Core i5 7200U, Nvidia GT 940MX, 24 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 GB SSD+500GB HDD, 15.6 in TN Display 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Retired Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 256 GB NVME SSD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

2017 HP Envy X360 15z (Ryzen)

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

HP P7 1234 (Yes It's Actually Called That)  RIP 

Also im happy to answer any Ryzen Mobile questions if anyone is interested! 

Review this sweet tablet with 8 cores, at 1.7GHZ 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage for only 80$. Thats one hell of a heavy price per performance spec aint it? https://amzn.to/2S3CHZ8

(Theres loads of these kind of "Too good to be true" tablets as i like to call them, just search on amazon and within 2 minutes you will probably find at least 1)

Hi, I will like to see a review or a custom made "Air purification PC case"
The idea is that people with allergies or asthma are using air purification systems to clean the room from any dust or pollen particles in the air. These systems are expensive and basically is a big fan pushing the air thru a series of filters. My pc is running almost 16hours per day will be nice to "purify" my room also. I search online and I found out that Silverstone have made a case like this and I was thinking if you can put it to the test or make your own "Linus style" custom project.

SilverStone SST-MM01B - Mammoth:
https://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?area=en&pid=525

Thanks

Image_10S.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I think you should do a Gaming FPS comparison on a system loaded with stuff like a normal gaming computer. Probably no need to run the complete gamut of Intel/AMD products, just some that make sense for the price category for the RGB stuff.

NZXT lighting + corsair iCue, maybe itunes or amazon music bootstrapper (and other background processes that run on most peoples systems all the time.) People don't generally start off with a clean system so that might produce a more real world result. (Specifically I am wondering if it doesn't show how important 4+ cores are in today's gaming world).

There are guides online one how to make your own ModBook Pro [http://www.modbook.com], so it would be pretty cool to see Anthony give it a go.

Its essentially flipping the screen around and putting in a capacitive digitiser (Which you can get from eBay or Aliexpress (Theres a merchant that sells custom digitisers)). 

- Get screen out

- Flip around + cut panel with a Dremel

- Insert screen + digitiser

- With the keyboard, it's actually (at least on older MacBooks) attached via a custom USB controller, which has additional pins for the power button, so because you don't need the keyboard, you can use that controller, and retain all the ports you need. You can find the pinout online for that. 

I think it would be really cool.

Thermal Grizzly Carbonaut. You did video of some graphite pads couple years back, would be great continuation.

USED PHONES - Best Bang For your Buck! 

or Best Phones for Long Term Users

I would love to see a breakdown on what phones are worth the money for people that buy phones they keep for multiple years or for those upgrading with used phones.

- you could compare price ranges vs what you get (for example I just bought a 6-month-old Galaxy S9+ for the same price I could have bought a four-year-old Iphone 7+)

- comparison of battery conditions you're getting on the used/refurbished phones you buy

- known issues / or problems that are common with certain phones when they get old (for example, Galaxy S5 ram turned to junk after a year of use) 

- quality of long term software support for products

Hope to see my suggestion show up on LTT, I think a whole lot of people would get some use out of this one ?

Congrats on 8 million subs.