What should I review next?

What about getting together with protocase to take an old gaming laptop with a dead screen and creating the ultimate small form factor PC. A custom case that's a touch thicker will allow for better cooling with an extra fan or two.

I want top artwork rigs &/or accessories.

System

CPU i7-2600 @ 3.4GHz Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Deluxe RAM 32GB PNY GPU nVidia GeForce GTX 1060 w/ 6GB RAM Case White NZXT Phantom Storage Intel 80GB SSD, Samsung 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate 500GB, Seagate 1TB PSU Thermaltake TR2 RX 850 watt Display LG Flatron E2241 Cooling all fans (5) Sound onboard

Operating System Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Aftermarket GPU coolers, are they still relevant?

Now you can pay more than 100+ dollars for better cooling, is if worth to go aftermarket with reference pcb

Review of security oriented wifi routers in terms of speed, coverage, and stability in connecting computers, phones, tablets and IoT devices as well as extra promised features like content filtering and parental controls:

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

How about a review of the new iMac Pro vs one of your current video editing rigs at the studio?I mostly want this because I need a reason other than "it's overpriced" to convince my media department that they don't need one. 

@LinusTech Review the Dell AW3418DW, please.

Its still the only 34" Ultrawide 1440p, 120hz, G-Sync, IPS display on the market. It costs as much (or less, depending on when you get it) as a PG348Q, atm. Its no wonder then, that this display is getting great written and user reviews.

Simply put as per TFTcentral, "This monitor is now the benchmark for ultrawide gaming response times and refresh rates." (source: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_alienware_aw3418dw.htm#overclocked)

Despite all that, there is only only ONE youtube review at the current time (in english) by a smaller tech channel.

Thanks for everything you guys do, signed up specifically to bring this issue up. :ph34r:

On 12/14/2017 at 11:31 PM, ERM64bit said:

How about a review of the new iMac Pro vs one of your current video editing rigs at the studio?I mostly want this because I need a reason other than "it's overpriced" to convince my media department that they don't need one. 

According to James it’s from the actual screenshot of the receipt 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

On 1/28/2015 at 10:24 PM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

Maybe another Hackintosh build, this time for High Sierra (Whether the Niresh build or the Unibeast method).

Desktop:

Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.7GHz, 8GB x 2 GSkill Ripjaws, Gigabyte Gaming B8 Motherboard, 256GB Samsung 960 Pro PCIe NVMe SSD, 1.27 TB of Spanned Goodness, GTX 1050 Ti, and GT 710. Runs both macOS High Sierra and Windows 10, and Pop! OS 20.04 LTS.

Laptop:

Lenovo X1 Carbon 2nd Gen

Server:

7TB Array in Proxmox server

Intel Pentium G4560 @ 3.5GHz

16GB DDR4 

ASUS H270M Motherboard

1GB Zotac NVIDIA GT 710

Barefoot speakers.

Just so that someone goes out and buys a pair, then complains about them so I can laugh at them for their spending habits.

I didn't buy any or anything >_> <_<

Could you not only review the iMac Pro, but benchmark it, because it has a xeon-w and VEGA in it??

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

@LinusTech
Assuming you are going to CES 2018, would you be willing to do an update on the Pimax 8k? Your video featured the v2 prototype, and they will be demoing the v5 at the event. Their plan is to listen to user feedback there and decide if there are any improvements to be made before they ship. I'd like to hear your input on the progress that they have made.

Thank you!

This has probably been thought of before, but what about a guide on how to build an awesome retro build that could still play modern games? Like an old 90's beige case, but rig it up with Ryzen or a core i5 and a 1060 or 1070 or something, then set up a VM with Windows 98 to play dos games, but have it run Windows 10 to play modern stuff. Any thoughts?

Tech, engineering, gaming and promoting the metric system. These are my things.

Lover of Linux.

Currently rocking a ThinkPad L13 laptop tricked out with an i7, running Windows 10.
PC Specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6700
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070
Motherboard: Asus Z170 A
RAM: Corsair Vengence 16GB

You know, I would like an OS review/roundup. It's different than the usual, but it could be useful to people who are building a PC and may want to change things up a little.

Who needs fancy graphics and high resolutions when you can get a 60 FPS frame rate on iGPUs?

Fractal Define R6?  Or are case reviews like that a little too peasanty?  (Have not been getting a good vibe, that last few months)

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like for you to review the Samsung CHG90 QLED HDR 144hz 1ms 49inch Monitor. 1.07 Billion display colors. 3000:1 color contrast.

I purchased this around December 20th and it's by far the best looking and feeling monitor I've owned for any style of gaming. But a lot of people haven't seen it.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824022584

On ‎2015‎-‎01‎-‎29 at 4:24 AM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

Everybody has heard of ASUS ROG lineup of different products. It looks like Gigabyte is trying to get in with the action with their Aorus likewise. It would be interesting to se what they bring to the table.

Hey Linus! I got a very interesting Korean brand that I want you to look at!

2586311840_500_1.jpg

http://www.abko.co.kr/shop/product_item.php?ItId=2586311840

It's a South Korean brand called ABKO and this is their latest mid-tower flag ship case called ''605G Hubble''. Apparently AKBO is S.Korea's most popular PC peripheral brand right now.

They also have a whole bunch of keyboards with interchangeable key switches and whatnot and also mouses/headphones.

Could you guys check them out? I heard that ABKO was at Computex last year (which was also their first time attending), but no one seemed to have paid any attention to them.

But they seem to have a lot of decent stuff!

2586311724_500_1.jpg