What should I review next?

USB sticks perhaps?  Plenty of good stuff there as well as junk. 

I'm thinking about :

- comparison of the encryption software provided by some manufacturers (TDK Flashlock vs Sandisk Secure Access for instance)

- read and write speeds which are often either not mentioned or hidden in the small print.

- physical size (more specifically the ability to simultaneously use 2 of them in USB ports that are next to eachother or on top of eachother)

- actual storage size (I have at least one 64GB stick here that actually is only 59.xxx.xxx.xxx  bytes as opposed to the 64.000.000.000 that an advertised 64GB should have)

- usability as an installation USB (Most sticks can be turned into Windows installers, but not my Emtec sticks because with those every PC or laptop I tested them on hangs the moment I try to enter the boot device selection menu)

- perhaps a test on write cycles?  People keep mentioning that the NAND is so inferior that you shouldn't use an USB stick for a full-blown portable linux (not a pendrive, a proper install), but then again they said that back when they claimed that SSDs wore out in months too.

Kingston HyperX Cloud 2 headphones! 

I think it's funny that HyperX sponsored CES but I have yet to see (as far as memory goes) a HyperX product.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

Probably something related to the whole gtx 970 controversy thingy?

Asus rog 4k gsync when it's out but you probably already want to test that one

I am the one who goes bump in the night... usually making a sandwich.

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo White - Motherboard: ASUS X99 Deluxe - CPU: Intel i7 5820k - RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 2666mhz ddr4 - GPU: Dual EVGA gtx 980 SSC - PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 750w - Cooler: Custom PETG Loop on cpu and gpus - Storage: 500gb Samsung 850 evo ssd, 2x Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 3tb hdd

I don't think you guys have ever done a video on delidding the older sandy bridge and ivy bridge cpu's, even the first gen haswell will work as I'm sure you know. I think this could be a really really cool tutorial/how to video that will help a ton of your members that are still using old CPU's maybe get some more performance/life out of them. Sort of similar to the replacing TIM on gpu's video.

Because you can't de-lid sandy bridge and ivy bridge... They're soldered to the heat spreader. De-lidding it would destroy the IC

Because you can't de-lid sandy bridge and ivy bridge... They're soldered to the heat spreader. De-lidding it would destroy the IC

Ivy is not soldered, I de-lidded my 3570K

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

I would like a review of Corsair 3400 MHz memory, 4k TV over 4k monitor for gaming, does water cooling the motherboard real help on ASUS rampage v extreme? Does water cooling the memory real help? The new water cooler for hard drive HD-70 cold plate for 2.5 hard drive? Is it worth the money to get EXC-450 ultra compact 450w recirculating liquid chiller? As you can tell I want to keep my pc as cool as possible the wife keeps the house around 30c for her bones. I have a AZZA Hurrican 2000 case. So far so good, but I would like to put as much water cooling as needed for my next upgrade to the ASUS rampage v extreme for long life as possible. Thank you for your time and help.

At2020. :)

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Please release the part 3 of the bang for the buck motherboard showdown!  

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700k
CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: MSI - MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Storage: Crucial P1 1tb M.2 NVME BOOT DRIVE
Video Card: MSI RTX 2070 Super
Case: NZXT - H500 (White) 
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 550 W 80+ Gold 

Really interested in the new XPS 13 from Dell, especially their claim about battery life which seems unprecedented with a windows laptop

CPU: Intel i7-4770k MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Formula RAM: G.Skill RipJawsX 2x8GB 1600Mhz GPU: Asus GTX 780 DCuII CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Primo STORAGE: ADATA SX900 256GB / WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair AX760 760W MONITOR: Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM KEYBOARD: Ducky Shine 3 MOUSE: Logitech G602 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/106614-project-insert-name-enthoo-primo-rigid-acrylic-red/

I don't think you guys have ever done a video on delidding the older sandy bridge and ivy bridge cpu's, even the first gen haswell will work as I'm sure you know. I think this could be a really really cool tutorial/how to video that will help a ton of your members that are still using old CPU's maybe get some more performance/life out of them. Sort of similar to the replacing TIM on gpu's video.

No need to delid a Sandy.  They run pretty cool.  It's only after Sandy that chips started to have trouble with temps.

Shit you might be right about sandy but you can definitely delid ivy and first gen haswell.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

I would quite like to see a comparison of various AIO GPU cooling solutions, hopefully including the EVGA 980 Hydro Copper (although i'm not sure if its available for review yet). I think this would be very informative for people who are looking to push their hardware further but are uncomfortable with diving into custom water loops. 

No need to delid a Sandy.  They run pretty cool.  It's only after Sandy that chips started to have trouble with temps.

Yea I'm a dipshit and forgot that sandy was soldered, so you can't delid it (without wayyy too much work) and as you said already has great temps because of it.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

Revisiting the effect of a dedicated PhysX card on Batman Arkham Origins, Assassin's Creed 4 (Unity if it has it, haven't purchased so I'm unsure), Borderlands the Pre-Sequel, etc. and other PhysX games.

The Batcomputer: Case Corsair 760T, CPU Intel 3770k, GPU 2x GTX 980 Hybrid SLI, Motherboard Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Memory 16GB GSkill Sniper 1866mhz, HDD 4 TB, SSD Samsung EVO 850 250GB, CPU Cooler Corsair H80i, PSU Corsair 860W 

I'd like for you and slick to do a video about your honest opinion on the GTX 970's memory issue. It's a topic alot of us are departing right now and your opinion would be valued.

4790k @ 4.6 (1.25 adaptive) // 2x GTX 970 stock clocks/voltage // Dominator Platnium 4x4 16G //Maximus Formula VII // WD Black1TB + 128GB 850 PRO // RM1000 // NZXT H440 // Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 (MX Blue) // Corsair M95 + Steelseries QCK // Razer Adaro DJ // AOC I2757FH

Video Recording equipment that does not include the camera. More like tripods, microphones, stabilizers, monopods, tripod heads, sliders, amplifiers etc.  I do video work myself and just curious what you guys use. I record on a Canon 5DMk3 with a Samson wireless lav mic and a Audio Technica shotgun mic hooked up to a Juicedlink Riggy-micro then to the camera and use Audio Technica M50x headphones to monitor. Then I usually switch between tripod and monopod depending on what im shooting.

I'd say do this first > Running Windows on iMac to investigate R9 295XM performance and thermal throttling <

and then this second > LG 31MU97 4K professional monitor <

I would love to see those @LinusTech. ;)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

A ham sammich.

And how would he review that exactly? Please give details. :D LOL

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Really looking forward to the XPS13 review :D

Intel i7 3770k, Maximus V Formula, 32GB G.Skill 1600MHz RAM, ASUS DCUII GTX 670