What should I review next?

Please do a video something like "The cheapest computer on earth" about the Raspberry Pi3. I know that it came out a while ago, but it really is a viable option for a computer on the cheap, that is more then fast enough for running Linux, and word processing applications, such as libre office. I know that you already did a video with the whole tablet thing, but I would like to see something from the point of it being used as an actual computer for adults. It really is a great option, and is easy to get set up. Only $30. https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/raspberry-pi-3-model-b/

I don't know if Linus or LTT staffs will ever see this post, but worth a shot:

I came across this monitor on Tmall(basically Chinese amazon) a few days ago. The listing labels this monitor is 4k@60hz AND able to run 2k@144hz

AND a review video below shows this monitor can also run at 1080p@240hz!! The best part is this monitor cost only 699 cny (~100usd)!

I did not believe this was legit as well then I messaged the ppl who posted the videos, he then made a second video to checkout the pixel density. After watched that second video , I started to suspect this is actually a 4k panel.

Here are the two review videos I mentioned: (plz let staff who can read Chinese handle this, or I could help as well)

1. https://www.bilibili.com/video/av42818310

2. https://www.bilibili.com/video/av43020098

Here is the link of this monitor:

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a220o.1000855.0.da321h.4c3c74d8qrmxlq&id=540265115645

I am really curious about this monitor now so I want to share with you guys for a possible future video. I would buy and checkout myself but unfortunately I am currently not in China.

P.S. BTW The "Cheap AliExpress Monitor" review you guys did weeks ago was a pretty bad representation(in term of price/gain) of monitor from China, there are a lot of decent 1080p or 2k monitor available under $200. The monitor above do shock me though.

Here me out on this, do a comparative review of the support software for both Nvidia and Radeon GPUs.

As a life long Nvidia user I was surprised when I got my first ever Radeon GPU yesterday and the depth of the Radeon "Control Panel" was far deeper than I could have imagined. I was pleasantly surprised that opinion my years of use of one product was overturned by the user experience of the other.

To some it might be a deciding factor to know what are the software tools that come with the hardware, a better user experience can overcome a deficiency raw power.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Factory-direct-supply-cheap-thin-laptop_60826315585.html?spm=a2700.themePage.offer-list.414.6cdd233di2HGyR

make a video about this please...

It's a cheap laptop from China, with 4 cores and 4 threads intel CPU. It's like a redesigned macbook air I believe, just wanted to know how this laptop perform on day to day task.

How about a silly video about the 'foot catch method' but with some actual testing, maybe put an egg in a little box to represent a sensitive computer component then drop it from hip height with foot catch and without foot catch. I'm not sure that @LinusTech would be able to star in the video because sandals, but it could still be fun. A title like 'Footloose or how to reduce fall damage' perhaps. Start with a bad Infomercial style black and white opening 'Oh no, you dropped X again! That'll cost $10,000!' and then Linus pops in and the color returns and he says 'but wait there's a way' and then he drops the thing and catches it with his foot, cut to sponsor roll, return to a more serious Linus talking about mitigating impact damage with well timed foot work, explaining how decades of playing hacky sack have honed his skills to that of a veritable foot ninja, then onto an explanation of the very scientific testing using an egg inside a box, how it'll be dropped from the counter height of whatever meters onto the floor 3 times, then same height but with his patented foot catch method 3 times, cut to montage of hilariously kicking egg in box across room at least once, and results showing that in neither case did the egg break because modern packaging is pretty good. BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE, they go for the bonus winner takes all round, Linus gets dangerous and goes BARE EGG! Bare egg falls onto floor, SPLAT! Linus drops bare egg off counter and....slow mo...does it survive the patented Linus ninja foot save maneuver? FIND OUT AFTER THIS MESSAGE FROM MACK WELDON.

• 2 weeks later...

Huawei Matebook X Pro is getting a refresh this year. So there is an oppertunity for that to be reviewed. 

They are also launching the Matebook 13 along with the Matebook 14 which are both rather interesting units.

Looking forward to possible reviews of those devices. 

Dont miss em this year

The LG Gram 17 is a disappointment.

You should take a look at Inspiron 7786: a much cheaper 17 inch 2-in-1 with a dedicated MX150 GPU.

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."

This isn't really a review suggestion, i was just wondering why my favorite tech channel hasn't done a tutorial or project yet on creating a custom LCD side panel case.  I have seen a few on U tube that seem like they could border on the downright dangerous, and i just think you guys would take care to show a safe and plausible way to complete such an undertaking.  Also, seriously.? Come on, how cool are those cases?!

On 1/29/2015 at 3:24 AM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

What about the Yandex Phone? If you don't know what Yandex is it's one of Russia's biggest tech companies, this is their first semi-experimental phone. Other than the gimmicky Yotaphone (which got bought by a Chinese brand), it's the first Russian try at making a smartphone. It came out about two months ago.

https://yandex.com/company/blog/phone

It's only like $180 there, I think you can find it for $290 on ebay. No one is really reviewing it.

23 hours ago, da.chisel said:

Watercooled everything?

How about a watercooled keyboard?image.png.caef10ec8423f45f3b4d91d609b2b5b4.png

This is so gonna be in a video

Desktop:

Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.7GHz, 8GB x 2 GSkill Ripjaws, Gigabyte Gaming B8 Motherboard, 256GB Samsung 960 Pro PCIe NVMe SSD, 1.27 TB of Spanned Goodness, GTX 1050 Ti, and GT 710. Runs both macOS High Sierra and Windows 10, and Pop! OS 20.04 LTS.

Laptop:

Lenovo X1 Carbon 2nd Gen

Server:

7TB Array in Proxmox server

Intel Pentium G4560 @ 3.5GHz

16GB DDR4 

ASUS H270M Motherboard

1GB Zotac NVIDIA GT 710

I would love to see Linus run a whole week on a linux based Laptop as his daily driver. And review the experience Before and after the week. See if he could replace Windows for Linux.

On 1/28/2015 at 10:24 PM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

I mainly want to see weird things done with tech (modding, building cases, etc.), and would like to see a DIY motherboard. Even if it need to have another motherboard salvaged.

On 2/16/2019 at 10:57 AM, Bitter said:

How about a silly video about the 'foot catch method' but with some actual testing, maybe put an egg in a little box to represent a sensitive computer component then drop it from hip height with foot catch and without foot catch. I'm not sure that @LinusTech would be able to star in the video because sandals, but it could still be fun. A title like 'Footloose or how to reduce fall damage' perhaps. Start with a bad Infomercial style black and white opening 'Oh no, you dropped X again! That'll cost $10,000!' and then Linus pops in and the color returns and he says 'but wait there's a way' and then he drops the thing and catches it with his foot, cut to sponsor roll, return to a more serious Linus talking about mitigating impact damage with well timed foot work, explaining how decades of playing hacky sack have honed his skills to that of a veritable foot ninja, then onto an explanation of the very scientific testing using an egg inside a box, how it'll be dropped from the counter height of whatever meters onto the floor 3 times, then same height but with his patented foot catch method 3 times, cut to montage of hilariously kicking egg in box across room at least once, and results showing that in neither case did the egg break because modern packaging is pretty good. BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE, they go for the bonus winner takes all round, Linus gets dangerous and goes BARE EGG! Bare egg falls onto floor, SPLAT! Linus drops bare egg off counter and....slow mo...does it survive the patented Linus ninja foot save maneuver? FIND OUT AFTER THIS MESSAGE FROM MACK WELDON.

It actually works, I was doing it before I watched LTT.

43 minutes ago, averagebilly said:

It actually works, I was doing it before I watched LTT.

Ditto

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2015 at 10:24 PM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

do a review on Windows 10 workstation edition and show some of the new features that it has to offer and with the actual  types of hardware its made for

• 2 weeks later...

Might be interesting to get a nividia jetson nano developer kit. Then try make either a Linux/lakka/Android box or a tiny windows system (not sure windows would be possible). If windows worked comparison to performance of a Intel nuc would be interesting. The performance increase over a raspberry pi 3 would be interesting to see. Also if windows works can it run crysis????

One final thought get Alex to make into a laptop or portable game system. aka LMG LTT XP 

nvidia-jetson-nano-developer-kit-2c50-p@

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't know if anyone has already asked:

Creative super xxfi review

The ideal would be a comparison between dolby atmos for headphone, DTS HEADPHONE:X, and creative solution

Thanks!