What should I review next?

Low Cost PC, tablets, Laptops and their ability to do steam Streaming of games.

New case build project. All-in-one overkill desktop LTT-style

Are you coming to bed? I can't. This is important.

What? Someone is wrong on the internet.

Hi Linus, 

I had posted this in another thread but it seams to have disappeared so I will try and post it again.

Refurbished Business Class vs New Consumer Class

Example: Refurbished HP EiteBook 840 G1 vs New HP Pavilion 14

Reliability of Business Class vs Consumer Class

Upgradability and serviceability of Business Class vs Consumer Class

Environmental Impact of choosing a Refurbished Business Class vs New Consumer Class

Bang for you buck, performance per dollar for choosing a Refurbished Business Class vs New Consumer Class

This is a topic close to my heart. I've always suggested Refurbished Business Class machines over new ones for Family, friends and clients for the variety of reasons listed.  As an example when my uncle was looking to get a new laptop we ended up picking up an HP EliteBook 840 G1 with an i5 - 4200u, 8GB RAM, 240GB SSD, 1GB DDR5 AMD 8750m and a 1080p screen for 500$ CAD.  You can never find a new consumer class laptop with the build quality of the 840 G1 for anywhere near that price.

Review sort of old or just really old tech like monitors graphics cards cpus ... ect And see how it holds up!

Some time ago the channel featured more camera gear. I would really like to see more of those since photography is one of the most popular hobbies that people have. The Benq sponsored video reminded me that Brandon is actually really awsome and knowledgeable presenter. So why not give him more camera stuff to review. The photography tech reviewer branch is growing in youtube.

On 9/16/2018 at 10:10 AM, SolarNova said:

Please 'review' The Verge video on how to build a PC ..or rather how not to.

:P

There's not much point in looking at that anymore since it's been taken down. Everybody reviewed it off the internet.

What is a mad scientist but a wizard who writes things down?

• 5 weeks later...

Hello Linus, i just watched your "The Headphones to Buy. Period." video.  Where you mentioned tuning the eq to get that extra thump. I looked through your playlists and i can't find a video for that. A quick guide or look into this technology would be nice. I would appreciate it if you could do a video

on how to use this technology.

Thank you for your time.

| Ryzen R9 3900x Enermax LIQTECH II 360  | Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero| Nivida FE RTX 2080 Ti | Corsair Vengeance 16gb @3200MHZ | Crucial 500 GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue SSD| Corsair HX 750w  Platinum+ |Corsair Carbide Spec-Omega| Gigabyte Arous 27QD 1440p 144hz

On 1/28/2015 at 7:24 PM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

RGB SSDs

Screenshot (3).png

I am Brandon McGowan the 16 year old basement dweller.

On 1/29/2015 at 11:24 AM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=567463578830&cm_id=140105335569ed55e27b&abbucket=17&sku_propertieou s=1627207:28341

I hope someone would do a review of chinese laptops not just Xiaomi. Hasee apparently is one of China's biggest laptop makers. Specs like the screen look average though but there is a GT1060 and I7-8750H so how bad could it be?

On 10/27/2018 at 8:43 AM, Brandon0McGowan said:

RGB SSDs

Screenshot (3).png

Interesting choices, but maybe include some other kinds of ssd like M.2 2242 ssd? I only found 512gb m.2 2242 ssd from shady chinese sellers selling Kingspec or Kingchuxing ssd which no one has reviewed. But the Taobao and Aliexpress reviews seems ok

On 1/28/2015 at 11:24 PM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

the 2018 MBP

MacBook Air M1 / Steam Deck

3 hours ago, YHBouncybear said:

Interesting choices, but maybe include some other kinds of ssd like M.2 2242 ssd? I only found 512gb m.2 2242 ssd from shady chinese sellers selling Kingspec or Kingchuxing ssd which no one has reviewed. But the Taobao and Aliexpress reviews seems ok

Those are the only RGB SSDs on the market except for a couple of Kingston ones. There is not much of a demand for RGB SSDs, in my opinion it is because most cases the SSDs are positioned on the other side, out of sight.

Screenshot (6).png

I am Brandon McGowan the 16 year old basement dweller.

On 1/29/2015 at 5:24 AM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

I am interested in some BTS stuff about video editing, storing and in particular what you guys do in premiere - some encoding tips and color balance for example. 

On 10/30/2018 at 9:39 AM, George. said:

I am interested in some BTS stuff about video editing, storing and in particular what you guys do in premiere - some encoding tips and color balance for example. 

this guy is LMG's super-pro editor.

he made a 4 hour long tutorial on how to edit like they do!

Amdahl's Law

A little discussed topic that is becoming more relevant than Moore's Law in computing spaces today. After all GPU processing is all about parallelization, and CPU processing is becoming increasingly focused on core counts, and software is beginning to adapt accordingly, so a discussion of Amdahl's Law which as more to do with the growth of parallelization over time, then the growth of raw computing power over time, should become a point of discussion, don't you think?

CPU | 8700k @ 5.1 Ghz, AVX 0, 1.37 v Stable, Motherboard | Z390 Gigabyte AORUS Master V1.0, BIOS F9, RAM | G.Skill Ripjaw V 16x2 @ 2666 Mhz 12-16-16-30, Latency 38.5ns GPU | EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra HydroCopper @ 2160 Mhz Clock & 7800 Mhz Mem, Case | Phantek - Enthoo Primo, Storage | Intel 905p 1 TB PCIe NVME SSD, PSU | EVGA SuperNova Titanium 1600 w, UPS | CyberPower SineWave 2000VA/1540W, Display(s) | LG 4k 55" OLED & CUK 1440p 27" @ 144hz, Cooling | Custom WL, 1 x 480x60mm , 1 x 360x60mm, 2 x 240x60mm, 1 x 120x30mm rads, 12 x Noctua A25x12 Fans, Keyboard | Logitech G915 Wireless (Linear), Mouse | Logitech G Pro Wireless Gaming, Sound | Sonos Soundbar, Subwoofer, 2 x Play:3, Operating System | Windows 10 Professional.

On 11/4/2018 at 6:16 PM, RollinLower said:

this guy is LMG's super-pro editor.

he made a 4 hour long tutorial on how to edit like they do!

Ah thanks :D

I use a 2 in 1 laptop tablet combo for work a lot.  I would like to start seeing reviews for those.

how about raid set up on ssds?

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

On 1/29/2015 at 2:24 PM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

1: Interested to see what a Peltier heat pump ( thermoelectric cooler (TEC) ) cooling a cpu would do (with heatsink/watercolling block on top?)

2: Full review of POWER9 Cpu's and TALOS II motherboard from and how it compares to intel high end XEON PLATIMUNS you had running as these are INTEL POWERPC CORES and not X86_64 Architecture

Thanks P

still sort of waiting for a Review on the Matebook X Pro. it is one of the more interesting laptops ive seen, so its kind of unexpected you guys sort of missed it.