What should I review next?

• 3 weeks later...

Kangaroo Mobile Desktop would make a neat review, I'd like to see how it handles during a stress test. or at last a cool addition to another handy tech under $100.

Please make review about Illegear product, fully customization gaming laptop company. They said we can upgrade anything in the future including motherboard. Which is very good. But I cannot find any good review. 

All the ultraportables because I'm in the market!  

Also, I would love to see a segment where Linus takes certain manf's to task with a design rep from the company for their consistently dumb design choices (eg: Laptop Webcams, Dell XPS webcam placement, Surface Type C support, Apple's Everything, etc.)

Custom case building. I kinda miss the off-the-shelf pc case reviews, but I understand why they probably aren't worth a vid. However, I'd really like to still see cool case stuff. So maybe more weird custom builds like the desk pc. But if you do this, please aim for higher quality over cheap and cheerful or at least do one high end and then the other for cheap. These projects are great for sexy B roll work.

I'd really like to see a new segment that would probably release quarterly where LTT talks about when anticipated products are likely to release. I often get this info from WAN show, but it'd be nice to have a more dense and easily referable video resource.

Another new segment I'd love to see is a: "How to get a tech job". Basically just talking to industry experts (designers, engineers, sales, manufacturing, etc.) and the skills they use or honed to get where they are. It would be super cool and would fit with the occasional factory tour material.

On 1/28/2015 at 8:31 PM, HaZardousLP said:

Really looking forward to the XPS13 review :D

If you have floatplane, it is up!

On 1/28/2015 at 7:24 PM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

Threadripper 2 and Epyc

Just now, AngryPandaPC said:

Threadripper 2 and Epyc

He probably can't purchase an Epyc. AMD probably doesn't have the money unlike Intel to send free $8000 CPUs to them

However Threadripper they will likely get a review sample so why are you even asking?

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

2 hours ago, JDE said:

He probably can't purchase an Epyc. AMD probably doesn't have the money unlike Intel to send free $8000 CPUs to them

However Threadripper they will likely get a review sample so why are you even asking?

It's a pretty open ended question. So why are you asking?

Compare PC mirroring apps to Android devices

Everyone has an old tablet lying around at home and I, particularly, was trying to figure out what to do with mine. So I found out that there are tons of apps which can mirror a pc screen to any Android 4+ device and let us control the pc through this device. But I'm lazy to try even a few of the apps, while you have an entire crew to test them all... So, please make us a favor and find out which one is better. :)

The differences between all the current Windows 10 versions. (Anniversary Edition, Creators Update, etc)

CPU: AMD FX 4170 @ 4.7ghz Motherboard: Asus M5A97-R2.0 RAM: 11GB DDR3-1600 GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 780ti 3GB Reference Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout Storage: 1x 250GB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM, 1x 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM, 1x 500gb Hitachi 7200RPM  PSU: Antec Earthwatts 650W Display: Dell U2410 (1920x1200 @ 60hz, 24") Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, 3x 140mm Cooler Master fan Keyboard: Lenovo OEM keyboard (membrane) Mouse: Redragon Centrophorus Sound: Sound Blaster xFi sound card & Marley Good Vibrations headphones Operating System: Windows 10 1809

Review microphones under $25. There are some really good cheap and quality mic's on ebay and other sites. Check it out. @LinusTech

hi.

Linus, you should pilot MegaBots's Eagle Prime in one of your videos.

Especially now, that they need all the help they can get.

@LinusTech it would be nice to have a review of an older ultrabook such as an 2015 hp envy 17-n000

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

Please review the core i3 8100, 8350 or 8350K. I personally think the 8100 is the best budget gaming processor on the market for 112 to 120 dollars. @LinusTech

KCN7C8fkkqsdLmr3.jpg

Overclock only 1-2-3 core and its effect on gaming.

I think overclock the boost clock of only 1-2-3 core would be easier and achieve higher clock on the same voltage. 

Single core performance plays the biggest role in some games but some other games can utilize more cores so I'm not sure how that will actually play out. 

Do you think it's something worth investigating?

sorry still not use to the website, i don't know where to put this as a recommendation for a future video

Would linus recreate this?  

and show off the productivity that could be done with it?

Disclaimer: the pic is not mine, found it here: 

master.jpg.fafee710a847be6761b53d05b8162bd5.jpg

I'd also like to see this. Plus an actual build in the old case (not just one thats already built and Linus says why it's crap xD)

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

>a legitimate, boxed, physical copy of Windows.

An ancient relic from the past.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

9 minutes ago, tj_420 said:

That looks beautiful.

Can it run Crysis though?

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

there are a lot of channels dedicated to vintage gaming, Linus's done something like this when he recreated his first gaming pc, 4 years ago ?

Personally, what I've wanted to see was instead of seeing a tech channel build a 'PC of the era' and instead 'The best POSSIBLE PC of the Era'.  Like digging up the MOST obscure and blazingly fast Pentium III or 4 and the fastest possible GPU, throwing that IDE drive out the window and going full solid state using CompactFlash instead.  The kinda PC that woulda cost $10 000 in those days.

8 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Personally, what I've wanted to see was instead of seeing a tech channel build a 'PC of the era' and instead 'The best POSSIBLE PC of the Era'.  Like digging up the MOST obscure and blazingly fast Pentium III or 4 and the fastest possible GPU, throwing that IDE drive out the window and going full solid state using CompactFlash instead.  The kinda PC that woulda cost $10 000 in those days.

Back then, I think LV SCSI would have been faster....

But it would make for an interesting idea/challenge.

I have a ton of parts laying about, give me some ideas of what you want to see, let me see if I can put something together

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.