What should I review next?

With Firefox making all they claims they are about their new version you guys should totally do another web browser competition.

I'm sure that this probably has already been listed here, but with the R5 2500U and R7 2700U laptops just around the corner (hopefully some are being sent to you), I would love to see a teardown of the HP Envy x360 with the 2500U in it as well as to see if you can get it to run with DDR4-3000 SO-DIMMs (assuming the RAM is not soldered) to see if it will even boot and if so, whether you receive a performance boost... 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

3 minutes ago, ScrappyZeDog said:

Yes!

Useless tech over 100?

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Hi,

Would you consider reviewing the Shadow service from Blade ? https://shadow.tech/

It allows you to play on a virtual computer (spec bellow) from anywhere in the world, including on android mobile devices (ios coming soon), for a "small" subscription.

- Intel Xeon avec 8 threads dédiés

- 12 Go DDR4

- 256 Go

- GTX 1070 soon to be upgraded to GTX 1080 it seems

I wonder if one could use this to play his PC game on a phone while in transportation ? Say ... combined whis an android game pad :D  :D   :D  

Anyway, thanks for the awsome content you and your team prived !

On 1/28/2015 at 9:24 PM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

I'd like to see some cheap gaming laptops!

On 11/17/2017 at 8:19 AM, Tcrumpen said:

Mac vs PC from a content creators perspective (both video and musical); put the argument to bed once and for all

this is a little old but most of the thoughts and opinions in the video still hold up

this is a multipart series about linus only using a mac for a while (not just gaming)

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

Sometimes you guys make a video on a subject with a lot of conflicting information floating around, shedding light on it and making things clear. Like that time you made a video comparing fps gains from RAM speeds.

I think you should do something similar regarding Over Provisioning on SSDs, and the supposed performance gains associated with it. It's hard to test longevity, so I guess performance itself should suffice.

There's a lot of conflicting opinions floating around. Some people say OP is still super important and affects performance severely, some say it's not really a thing anymore, some point to factory over provisioning (but is it enough? How can we tell the size of the factory OP? Should we add a few more GBs?), some say leaving unpartitioned space is not the same as OP, some say it is, etc. It's basically a huge mess, and no one seems to have any clear answers.

@LinusTech
Battle of the Bloatware

See even got a title for you :P I'm busy working on a client's HP fresh out the box and my god do they cram tons of crap into these and remember your video to MSI telling them to relax a little, so here's the idea. Grab laptops from each of the big companies, see how much crap they have, benchmark them, wipe. reinstall and benchmark them as clean systems. 

1. See if bloatware is really that bad and how much it affects your system

2. Will show people that its ok to remove all the crap

3. Call out the companies that are shovelling way to much crap

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

On 1/28/2015 at 7:24 PM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

Can we get a Holy $H!T on this?

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/products/details/reference-displays/4k-uhd-reference-displays/dp-v3010

On 1/29/2015 at 2:24 PM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

I'm thinkin some kitchen equipment... or a Wacom... yeah, a Wacom will do.

Main Rig (Gaming, Programming, Video & Photo Editing, Server Management)

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5-9600K (3.7 GHz, 6-Core Processor)

Cooler: Deepcool GAMMAXX GT (29.5 CFM)

Motherboard: Asus PRIME Z390-A (ATX LGA1151)

Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (16 GB, 2 x 8 GB, DDR4-3200)

Storage: Samsung 860 Evo (500 GB, 2.5" SSD)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue (1TB, 3.5", 7200RPM HDD)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute (2TB, 2.5", 7200RPM HDD)

Graphics Card: MSI VENTUS XS OC (GeForce RTX 2060, 6GB, 1365MHz)

Case: NZXT H510 Elite (ATX Mid Tower Case)

Power Supply: Corsair RMx 750W (White, 80+ Gold Certified) 

OS 1: Windows 10 Home (64-Bit)

OS 2: macOS High Sierra

OS 3: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

Peripherals & Setup:

Monitors: ASUS VG278Q (1080p, 144Hz, 1ms Response) (x3)

Camera: Canon 500D + 8-135mm IS

Webcam: Logitech BRIO

Keyboard: Logitech G413 (Carbon, Wired)

Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum (Wired, Optical)

Desk: IKEA LINNMON / ADILS (Table, Black-Brown, Black)

Headphones: SteelSeries ARCTIS 7 2019 Edition 7.1 Channel Headset

Lenovo Yoga 920! They've got a nice 4k IPS touchscreen, quad core i7, (sadly no dGPU) and they charge on USB C

And of course they have a badass hinge that looks super cool

On 11/13/2017 at 10:16 AM, squuur said:

George Foreman grill

A novelty grill like that simply can't compete with the power of propane

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

25 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Dat hinge!

QUOTE ME TO SEE MY REPLY!:D

I'm sure many people have said this, but I would like the AMD Athlon to be reviewed.

On 12/8/2017 at 9:12 AM, iamdarkyoshi said:

Lenovo Yoga 920! They've got a nice 4k IPS touchscreen, quad core i7, (sadly no dGPU) and they charge on USB C

I want this review, too! Going to the US this December and looking into getting this laptop. I'm curious on LTT's take on this Yoga 920. Plus it does have thunderbolt 3, so maybe add in a comparison with a razer stealth + razer core? (setup experience on 920, performance, etc). Plus touch screen performance w/ and w/o the lenovo pen. Actual battery life in watching offline videos or youtube. Some of the reviews I've seen on this does not mention how good the on-screen keyboard is, if any, when in tablet mode. Actual video render times of at least 1080p footage. Moba gaming performance for passing the time on-the-go (since I doubt it can play AAA games with the 620). Discounts, maybe? lol

Too bad, I think if this does make it to LTT's list, I've already bought one or have left the US. The unit is still not available in my country. The 910 still even has a jacked up price here!