What should I review next?

Check: Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro

https://www.gearbest.com/laptops/pp_786412.html

Found it while searching for a laptop.

8th gen intel quad, premium built all aluminum.. great specs and ports.. Better price than similar laptop such as specter 360, dell xps, macbook pro!

Edited by Annas87
(Better price) correction

How about testing every possible means (VGA, HDMI, SPDIF, etc.) of connecting an ancient CRT TV to a modern PC?

On 10/1/2017 at 3:50 AM, DeezNoNos said:

28C is not boiling hot. Wait till you get to the 37 normal summer high I had in my home town. Under a heatwave it would 40C-45.

And 28C is the perfect temp for me.

Same in my country, some towns get even hotter.

1 hour ago, moriel5 said:

Same in my country, some towns get even hotter.

I have a city which gets to 50C

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

5 minutes ago, DeezNoNos said:

I have a city which gets to 50C

In Canada?

I live relatively close to the equator, the reason why we don't have it even hotter is the cool air coming from the sea on one side, and from other countries on the other.

Just now, moriel5 said:

In Canada?

I live relatively close to the equator, the reason why we don't have it even hotter is the cool air coming from the sea on one side, and from other countries on the other.

Nah i am from pakistan. It is a city call jacobabad in the pakistans sindh desert.

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

Just now, DeezNoNos said:

Nah i am from pakistan. It is a city call jacobabad in the pakistans sindh desert.

Ah, I had thought that you are from Vancouver, Canada, since that is what is written underneath your name.

In that case, I understand why your country's temperatures are so hot.

Just now, moriel5 said:

Ah, I had thought that you are from Vancouver, Canada, since that is what is written underneath your name.

In that case, I understand why your country's temperatures are so hot.

Nah i am in van now. And freezing. Used to 37C.

Build

Spoiler

Nah i am in van now. And freezing. Used to 37C.

Currently it is the middle of the night here (should be morning in a few hours), and the temperatures are about 18C here (during winter, it generally goes down to about 7-9C in the night, while during the summer it is about 24-28C in the night).

1 minute ago, moriel5 said:

Currently it is the middle of the night here (should be morning in a few hours), and the temperatures are about 18C here (during winter, it generally goes down to about 7-9C in the night, while during the summer it is about 24-28C in the night).

should you not sleep?

Build

Spoiler

should you not sleep?

I should, however I am too deeply engrossed in several side-projects (such as figuring out how many keyboards I need for a silver heatsink for my phone).

5 minutes ago, moriel5 said:

I should, however I am too deeply engrossed in several side-projects (such as figuring out how many keyboards I need for a silver heatsink for my phone).

THIS IS SO FUCKING ME. I keep on googling watercooling stuff even though i havnt even bought my ryzen 7 and new gpu

Build

Spoiler

THIS IS SO FUCKING ME. I keep on googling watercooling stuff even though i havnt even bought my ryzen 7 and new gpu

I wonder if it matters if the case is open-air or not if you are watercooling?

I personally prefer a no-RGB open-air system (I literally remove the panes of the chassis so I have no need for windows on it.

10 minutes ago, moriel5 said:

I wonder if it matters if the case is open-air or not if you are watercooling?

I personally prefer a no-RGB open-air system (I literally remove the panes of the chassis so I have no need for windows on it.

I have phanteks p400s tg because i want my build to be a show piece. Not flashy, but art. Cause I consider pc building an art. And it is VERY good if done properly. 

Build

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, DeezNoNos said:

I have phanteks p400s tg because i want my build to be a show piece. Not flashy, but art. Cause I consider pc building an art. And it is VERY good if done properly. 

That is quite true, I wholeheartedly agree with you.

However, since I am on a tight budget, I can't think about form as much as I would like (I personally don't care about my PC being a show piece, however I like it to be understated and over-compatible/overpowered.

I use the Antec P9 (No window), (understandably, without it's panels), since it was the only chassis that had at least 8 3.5" hard drive trays (and removeable ones, at that), while still being able to fit a ~40cm+ GPU, and had at least 4 front USB connectors (I wish my motherboard supported USB3.0, however I got an adapter over at AliExpress), as well as at least 8 rear PCI slots, and all that within my budget back then (and even then, I had to split the payment over 10 months).

Just now, moriel5 said:

That is quite true, I wholeheartedly agree with you.

However, since I am on a tight budget, I can't think about form as much as I would like (I personally don't care about my PC being a show piece, however I like it to be understated and over-compatible/overpowered.

I use the Antec P9 (No window), (understandably, without it's panels), since it was the only chassis that had at least 8 3.5" hard drive trays (and removeable ones, at that), while still being able to fit a ~40cm+ GPU, and had at least 4 front USB connectors (I wish my motherboard supported USB3.0, however I got an adapter over at AliExpress), as well as at least 8 rear PCI slots, and all that within my budget back then (and even then, I had to split the payment over 10 months).

not bad.

Build

Spoiler

not bad.

I don't really like black cases (though I don't hate them either), I prefer them either white, silver, or aluminum colored, while still being able to blend in with the background.

Just now, moriel5 said:

I don't really like black cases (though I don't hate them either), I prefer them either white, silver, or aluminum colored, while still being able to blend in with the background.

I LOVE WHITE. Favorite colour combo is white, yellow and purple. 

Build

Spoiler

I LOVE WHITE. Favorite colour combo is white, yellow and purple. 

I can see how that combination would look splendid, however my favorite combination would be white, silver/aluminum, and perhaps a little sky-blue in some nonoffensive places

Just now, moriel5 said:

I can see how that combination would look splendid, however my favorite combination would be white, silver/aluminum, and perhaps a little sky-blue in some nonoffensive places

IS AWESOME TOO 

Build

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, DeezNoNos said:

IS AWESOME TOO 

13 minutes ago, DeezNoNos said:

IS AWESOME TOO 

Thanks you very much, although I am sorry about us getting seriously OT.

If you wish, I had just created a forum thread devoted to this subject, this way we can also hear other people's ideas on the matter.

Dream Computer Case

On 1/28/2015 at 8:24 PM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

full RGB Halloween house! 

How about Puri.sm's Librem 5  smartphone (when it comes out, that is).

Or one of their Librem laptops (Librem 11, Librem 13, Librem 15).