What should I review next?

I Blind Review on Mouses, Monitors, Mechanical Keyboards, compare products without knowledge of price tag until the end of the video.

Or some form of a blindfolded review or sorts?

I would like to see a video giving AMP/DAC recommendations for the HD6XX and the K7XX, so many units of each were sold. It would be of great value for thousands to see your recommendation.

CPU  i7 6850k 

GPU: EVA FTW3 3080

Monitor: Dell 2716DGR +  another 1440p ultra sharp.

SSD: 512GB 850 Pro | 970 Pro 500

AMP/DAC:Magni 3 + Modi  2.

Headphones: HD 6XX, Argons, HD 660S and like 9 more

On 1/28/2015 at 9:24 PM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

How about when building a rig with newly released parts what is a good time to wait before buying new parts to get the bugs worked out.

Hi,

I was hoping the guys at LMG could try out a project involving 3M Novec Engineered Fluid for like N-Gamer PC build. It would be cool to see how it could be implemented and if it is a viable solution as an alternative to mineral oil cooled PC.

Since I saw the video on youtube and the way it worked, I was really interested in seeing LMG's version or take on this type of cooling solution.

https://youtu.be/a6ErbZtpL88 

Thanks

Edit:

Used in a build already

Edited by sivasunken
Adding more material

not a review, but a video idea nonetheless. You should do something along the lines of "trying to cool a radiator in various ways" like:

-human power: a few people get a tube/hose (each one gets a different tube of course) secure it to the rad and they blow into it and see if it works.

-vacuum cleaner: self explanatory turn on the vacuum cleaner and let it suck through the rad.

-ice: just place it on the rad see what happens.

-wind(?): this one is a little harder it would need to be really windy or if you can stick it in an tornado if you have one blowing around.

-water: place the rad under/into running water (river/lake/faucet...)

this even writes it self:

"So you have been bragging to that hot girl in class about how cool your pc is. Well she calls you up one evening saying she wants to play barbies dream house (or whatever the equivalent game today is) on your BALLIN' AF OVER 9001 xXxn00b_destroyerxXx PCMRMachine. Only one problem when you were bragging about your BALLIN' AF OVER 9001 xXxn00b_destroyerxXx PCMRMachine you forgot to mention that you are still waiting for the fans to arrive. Knowing you this is probably the one shot you have in life to maybe spend an hour with a girl let alone that really hot one. So you play it off as "yea come over i got all the fps, all the mhz, all the downloaded ram in the world its gonna be groovy". You hang up and start running around the house searching for a solution....." the rest i think you get it. 

and no i don't want to write for you. i know, i know this was some sick ass skillz yo.

GPU drivers giving you a hard time? Try this! (DDU)

Basic diagnotic steps in a common problem like if PC is not booting properly then start with checking the power socket and cable and so on....

cool prototypes or crowd funded projects  ?

i was very interested about this technology . i had some thoughts about the "why" ocz went bankrupt  , and i think that was for not have the opportunity to advance against the other "owned by few"  corporations . 

i think that more people than me like to discover through linus discovering ,new stuff .

This isn't as much a review as much as it is a sort of project thing, idea courtesy of @kidlat020

Basically take the waste heat generated by cpu, gpu, or both and then convert it into electricity which then powers, say, lights inside of the case. LEDs should be low enough power to make something like a TEG somewhat reasonable.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

Microphones, iMacs (gaming), and not necessarily for you to review but more bikes and stuff. (Taran)

On ‎29‎/‎01‎/‎2015 at 3:24 AM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

Maybe show how threadripper performs in a nas configuration I'd like to see what dose the job better amd amd or intel

Edited by richardjohn123

R.John

On 1/29/2015 at 8:54 AM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

I want you to tell weather Airbar worth the money.

I hope you try it If you think it's good I will Buy it.

Link: https://www.air.bar/

You guys should definitely give this a look! I saw it just yesterday and I think it's super amazing. It's a SFF case that was 3D printed! 

It'd be great to see this get reviewed by Linus and the gang, as I know how much SFF is loved by them: 

SFF Lazer3D LZ7

Apparently it just became available for purchase on Overclockers.net August 25th:

OC.net LZ7

It's pretty amazing what can be done with this little cube. I'm hoping they continue to have success with it, as they have two other prototypes, one which seems to be able to fit a full sized graphics card in there, and another that can at least fit the 1080 ti Mini (this one can't, at least without modding).

So exciting!

Anyways, thats it!

Mac

Do the PNY NVIDIA NBA 810 8 display 4gb video card

QUOTE ME TO SEE MY REPLY!:D

Reviews get old quickly. And the stuff that is interesting is usually way out of everyones price range. So how about this... People send you the most fucked up end of the line second hand potato pc. And you guys show how to troubleshoot it. Not only will it be helpful to the people who send in their garbage but it would be helpful to other people trying to troubleshoot their pc. 

@LinusTech

I would love to see a Touch screen monitor review.

I am currently looking for the perfect Touch Screen monitor with these specifications:

• 10 Point Touch
  • Fast Response Time (Latency)
  • Accuracy (Finger Recognition)
  • Native Windows Touch Input Preferred
  • 22~32" Screen size with 1080p resolution

Some Panels That were recommended to be the best would be Dell's P2314T or S2240T

But would there be something even better along the lines?

Would be awesome if a review on touch screen monitors, comparing their specs/costs/performances could be done.

@LinusTech

You've definitely got to put this on the review waiting list...

V-Series-i98-s-port.jpg

http://iboardtouch.com/product/i98-v-series/

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

How about making PC specially for old games? Based on 32bit Win XP for example.

For such cases if you are at strong nostalgic mood and you want to play very old games, but on top settings (no lags).

I'll try to make it myself, but you're definitely have better choice.