What should I review next?

Given that I live in a economically supressed area of the US that lends its adapt of new tech to the side of being almost as bad as some 3rd world countries, here is what I purpose:

Make a Build Guide relevant for Q2 &Q3 2017 that is focused on Gamers that are stuck with 1080p Gaming and think of 4k gaming as something of a rare early adopter path. Focusing on Price per FPS, and General budget PC builds, but doing so while navigating the murky waters of Intel and AMD at the moment and good quality GPU's focused at gaming but at the same time dodging the new outrageous price gouging of mining GPU's has caused. When choosing tech keep in mind Gamers that would want to keep gaming for the next 4-6 years in a 1080p environment and 4k being a large budget upgrade in the future.

A good example would be like my Rig in my signature built in Q1 2014 that when built was intended to last till 2018-2019, but I compromised during the build and didn't get a GPU that was DX12 and  now needing to jump a few generations in GPU's to allow me to meet the lifecycle I was targeting. 

I think this would touch home with your viewers in economically depressed areas worldwide and would give a good baseline for the average buyer.

If this doesn't interest you how about a segment on Laser Cooling coming out of University of Washington. 

Current Build - please no laughing!  Always looking for a comfortable replacement to my old Merc stealth and Steelseries Glass mousepad. 

• CPU:                I7 4770-K 3.5GHz Running @ 3.9GHz
  • Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z87 V1.0
  • RAM:               HyperX Fury (2 x 8GB) DDR 3 1866
  • GPU:                Sapphire R9 270X 4GB
  • Case:               Cooler Master HAF XB EVO
  • Storage:          1 x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, 1 x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
  • PSU:                SILVERSTONE ZM1200M 1200W ATX
  • Display(s):      1 x Phillips BDL4645E 47" , 2 X Hanns-G Hi221 22"
  • Cooling:          Corsair H100i 240mm AiO Water Cooler
  • Keyboard:       Steelseries APEX (Raw)  + G13 Keypad 
  • Mouse:            Logitech Proteus Core G502
  • Sound:            Sony 7.1 Home Theater System

System Built in May of 2014 - Silverstone PSU  and Hanns-G Monitors are from my Feb. 2009 Build.

Favorite Quotes:

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

“Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds" - Thought by J. Robert Oppenheimer 

Sony A1 series Bravia TV, compared to Linus's LG signature and the Samsung TV in his worlds most comfortable gaming room. 

Review of Eluktronics laptops.  15.6 or 17.3" or a selection of each.  Model # P650 is one I happen to have.

I don't know if you guys still review software like it was five years ago but something came up from my mind, comparing G Suite vs Office 365 for small businesses. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Considering your top two videos are arctic hobby stuff (my sig), an arctic hobby vehicle battle video on csf.

Firetruck will never die.

Can you test the multiple anti-viruses and see which one is better? I know they all do the same thing. Blocking Virus and removing them. But no one ever talks about the cpu usage, the price and more. 

On 7/12/2017 at 5:08 AM, Mathieu Godin said:

Can you test the multiple anti-viruses and see which one is better? I know they all do the same thing. Blocking Virus and removing them. But no one ever talks about the cpu usage, the price and more. 

Not happening. Besides, there's so many third party tests doing that.

https://www.av-comparatives.org/performance-tests/

https://www.av-test.org/en/antivirus/home-windows/windows-10/april-2017/

https://www.mrg-effitas.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/MRG-Effitas-360-Assessment-2017-Q1_wm.pdf

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

How about a massive Ryzen , mem oc guide, not just with the biggest highend chips that most of us cant afford anyhow.

u could do a 2-10 mobo setup, with 3-10 sets of mem, 2*8gb with Samsung B die + Hynix dies, + Micron Dies, 

hell u can make a whole series of this if its to much for 1 video.

go into details with settings needed for ram setups on the different chips/vendor sticks, and show tests, and difference in preformance, this way you guide people into if its worth spending extra on the super expensive samung b die stuff. + If its smart to run 2*8gb vs 4*8gb vs 2*16gb, in an attempt to max clockspeed/gb size, in your ryzen systems with minimal punishment or issues.  I bet a ton of people could be interrested in a ton of ram and bios details for the most used hardware out there, (not just the highend stuff, like you usually do). go for cheap X370 boards, and B350 boards, and some of the more commen ram kitts, (Corsair LPX 2666-3000-3200/Gskill F4/Ripjaw V 2800-3000-3200-3466/Crucial Balistix Sport/Extreme 2666-3000-3200) sticks best value->speed ram kitts.

We need more of that stuff, its not something a lot of youtubers do, its a massive big work, and i bet it can draw in a ton of views, esp for all the new ryzen owners out there, or any potentially new once as well. 

7 hours ago, Adaa said:

How about a massive Ryzen , mem oc guide, not just with the biggest highend chips that most of us cant afford anyhow.

u could do a 2-10 mobo setup, with 3-10 sets of mem, 2*8gb with Samsung B die + Hynix dies, + Micron Dies, 

hell u can make a whole series of this if its to much for 1 video.

go into details with settings needed for ram setups on the different chips/vendor sticks, and show tests, and difference in preformance, this way you guide people into if its worth spending extra on the super expensive samung b die stuff. + If its smart to run 2*8gb vs 4*8gb vs 2*16gb, in an attempt to max clockspeed/gb size, in your ryzen systems with minimal punishment or issues.  I bet a ton of people could be interrested in a ton of ram and bios details for the most used hardware out there, (not just the highend stuff, like you usually do). go for cheap X370 boards, and B350 boards, and some of the more commen ram kitts, (Corsair LPX 2666-3000-3200/Gskill F4/Ripjaw V 2800-3000-3200-3466/Crucial Balistix Sport/Extreme 2666-3000-3200) sticks best value->speed ram kitts.

We need more of that stuff, its not something a lot of youtubers do, its a massive big work, and i bet it can draw in a ton of views, esp for all the new ryzen owners out there, or any potentially new once as well. 

This^

I have a friend doing a Ryzen build and he refuses to believe that there are still memory and stability problems.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

How about an RC jump off.

Buy stock RC vehicles from a quality hobby store.

Setup some massive ramp jumps.

Or just a lame race.

On 7/5/2017 at 6:03 PM, problack said:

Make a Hackintosh Pro build hardware review + semi-build guide.  We see some suggestions from folks like TonyMac, etc. and I've built the best suggestions there, but I'm still wanting for performance. I'd like to see what you can really put together with the proper resources that we can sink our teeth into.  For example, a 64GB system with the current consumer/prosumer limitations just don't cut it. Let's see a 128GB or higher build that can run multiple VR games at the same time!

they can't do that because apple will get pissy

SPecTACLEs

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 MOBO: MSI Tomahawk B350 GPU: Reference cooled GTX 980 Storage: Intel SSD5 256Gb RAM: 8gb Geil EVO Potenza Case:  Phanteks p300 PSU: EVGA 500 watt CPU Cooler: AMD wraith spire

Steam: maxarooni4

Battle.net: MAX

If you have an Oculus HMU in dead and buried   

On 1/29/2015 at 11:37 AM, marldorthegreat said:

One plus one!

Two.

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD 

Fractal Design Node 605 would be cool. I know you have shown the Node 804, but the Node 605 seem like a more reasonably case for most people.

EDIT: Missed that you had reviewed it a long time ago :$.

Guess I'll repeat my suggestion from an earlier post about the office chairs from Kinnarps so that this post is only half pointless.

Edited by TheValiantSoul
Im a tool.

For the love of god would someone PLEASE show me a Wooting One keyboard ACTUALLY WORKING in ACTUAL GAMES (that weren't just set up for the express purpose of demonstration at some trade show!)

(Or other than their advertising videos made by Wooting themselves.)

On 29/1/2015 at 4:24 AM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

you could talk about MXM Gpus for gaming laptops

MXM GPU Resellers in the world

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/mxm-gpu-resellers-in-the-world.804197/

Successful MXM GPU Upgraded Laptops

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/successful-mxm-gpu-upgraded-laptops.805136/

Spoiler

With the overwhelming popularity of Custom RGB Case lighting, I would LOVE to see a build log or review of the best RGB lighting solution for those of use using motherboards that do not have native RGB support built in.... I just built my for system and would love to personalize it with RGB, but there is no spport for it on my ASUS Z107p D3 mainboard. A video on this would be so incredibly helpful to so many people with the same issue as I have.

Thanks

Could you do a performance roundup on marketing hype dollars spent to actual performance? I would like to see the trend on how much these companies spend on marketing a new product in comparison to how well the end product actually performs against others in the same class.

Lets play connect the dots!

::::::::::

I would lve to see a cheap cable review!
Purchase a lot of different china cables and more expensive ones and test if they work properly (voltage and amp).
Because I can't validate cables at home but I'm also not willing to spend a fortune on first party cables.

I think that you should review more gaming laptops because I think that it would be great to compare a series of different gaming laptops from different brands and run some benchmarks on them as well as test battery usage, boot times, cool features such as custom external watercooling assecories, etc. It feels like that you havent done many gaming laptop reviews for a while now. I also liked the videos where you went to visit a super computer located in canada and that video about custom servers from quantom and the other video of how one company took different materials from existing computers and turning those materials into gold bars, I especially found those videos very entertaining.

I saw a joke image of a photo shop of a video card placed over what I think was an old turbine engine. That got me to thinking...how efficient would the intake of a jet(model sized or otherwise) be at cooling a cpu. Like.. using the airflow going into the compressor to cool instead of a fan. 

Lets play connect the dots!