What should I review next?

I just picked up a refurb Lenovo Tiny M93 with 8Gb Ram to use mainly for twitch encoding plus some other background tasks.

The M93 uses an i5-4590T (2Ghz) but I know that the powersaving 'T' model is much more underpowered than the regular desktop i5-4590.

The clock frequency differs wildly between the models, so does this point to the chips actually having differing architecture internally even though they share the same 'badge'?

It might make a cool feature to see a real performance comparison between differing classes of CPU - using the same model, but differing classes or "Power Managing States" and how it may affect the consumer getting the right chip for their PC build.

----------------------------
        Weem

The Sapphire RX570 ITX Pulse

I think it would be very interesting for people trying to build a very small PC, but I am wondering how cooling and thus noise turns out to be. It could be a cheaper alternative for people who were not able to afford an R9 Nano with not much less performance I guess. 

I imagine something like a Cooler Master Elite 110 with a Ryzen 1600 and this GPU as being an affordable  and very portable PC for 1080p gaming. Imho the case would be very important for the review, because you wouldn't buy this card unless your case would require it and the Elite 110 is definitely a contender for this.

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)

@Slick

@LinusTech

After the PA279Q review a year or so ago ( was brilliant ), should get some up to date stuff on the latest ProArt bits from Asus 

My Suggestions:

- Asus PA329Q

- Asus PA32U

Colour everywhere... so much colour...

i think that since you did a review on the apple airpods, you should do a review on the gear icon x's

Also i think you should do a side by side comparison of different wireless earpods (ie. airpods, jaybirds, icon x, beats...)

How about the Urb-E its a no effort electric scooter with a 20 mile range, the batteries can charge your laptop, maybe get Taran to do it.

You can buy the expensive version now for 1600 with the cheaper one (900) shipping in 2 months.

http://www.urb-e.com/sport/

@LinusTech @Slick 

A AM4 Motherboard roundup? Kinda confusing at which are good and bad and best bang for the buck.

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

Is there any Techquickie video about Glossy vs Matte screens? It is very confusing subject, and can there be IPS Glossy screens or TN Matte Screens? Would love a video really explaining this.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Not sure if this has been suggested yet, but with Optane can you see if it is better to use Optane+2TB HDD or an equivilant price SSD+the same HDD? I feel like Optane would win, but because the OS can be installed already onto the SSD, and you can include some commonly used programs, it might be better (with those programs) to use the SSD.

I'd like to see a review of the Yi 4K+. The Yi 4K got a great review by you guys, and the newer version here supports 4K60p, up to a bitrate of 135 Mbps. EIS works up to 4K30p. Supports USB C. Also maybe their 360 VR camera when it's released.

Also, since you've reviewed the older version, newer firmwares have introduced streaming up to 1080p, a waterproof mode (in case), and audio/video out through microusb. Also EIS at 2.7K, not sure if that was there when you reviewed it.

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

Midrange gaming laptop from someone like cybepowerPC, showcasing the difference between a premium laptop and a budget laptop with the same specs?

(compare to Razer blade maybe?)

I have a cyperpowerPC laptop, and there's a lot of things that are mediocre/bad that aren't on a spec sheet.

trackpad sucks. there isn't even a 2-finger scroll

speakers suck

crappy wifi card.

etc.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

How bout a review of the Xbox Scorpio? Its not out yet but I think it will It would be fun to see what kinds of tests you will do to it!

Has there been a proper video showing the performance drop in external GPU enclosures as compared to one actually hooked to a motherboard? Would be nice to get a definitive version with dell's vs asus vs razor's.

Have you ever done a video on using modern-day water cooling and custom cooling solutions on old GPUs to find out how much thermals really held them back? Like pull out an old 660 or something and pop some nex level cooling on it to see how much difference it makes?
Edit: Rinse and repeat with other favorites of their era. Pitting Radeon and Nvidia competitors against each other to see who would have really won if their cooling game was strong.

Edited by Jukebox461

An interesting concept of a "to go" projection TV. Not sure why the blow up part is needed when one can simply project on a wall, but hey, that's why I'm reco'ing to review it.

Wonder what kinda ms and RGB% this unit has.

http://www.arovia.io

@linustech, @slick

22 hours ago, Princess Cadence said:

Is there any Techquickie video about Glossy vs Matte screens? It is very confusing subject, and can there be IPS Glossy screens or TN Matte Screens? Would love a video really explaining this.

IPS screens can be glossy or matte, so can TN screens be.

For desktop monitors I tend to see most being matte, but if they are glossy they are 9/10 times IPS, because the matte layer can make colors look a bit darker.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

3 minutes ago, Minibois said:

I swear I am lost, is the https://pcpartpicker.com/product/CrvZxr/lg-29um68-p-290-60hz-monitor-29um68-p matte or glossy? It's my first IPS panel and I think its matte, so I thought all IPS were more linked to Matte so external sources of lights interfere less... common notebooks like Acer Aspire ES 15 line up are glossy TN panels right?

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

As a 4k TV owner, I would like to know...

What is the hold up with 4K content?

With Amazon Prime streaming 'Thursday Night Football' this year, is it possible for them to stream it in 4K?  

What are the limitation on getting 4K streaming of sports or e-sports?  

I got the TV, I got the fast internet, the sports are recorded in 4K for replays etc...  is it cost of bandwidth, time to compress/encode?  what gives?

5 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

I swear I am lost, is the https://pcpartpicker.com/product/CrvZxr/lg-29um68-p-290-60hz-monitor-29um68-p matte or glossy? It's my first IPS panel and I think its matte, so I thought all IPS were more linked to Matte so external sources of lights interfere less... common notebooks like Acer Aspire ES 15 line up are glossy TN panels right?

That LG panel is an IPS Matte panel. 

The laptops in the ES 15 line all have TN panels (as far I have read) and the screens are somewhere between matte and glossy (more matte). Most laptops do because: TN is cheaper (I think) and most people don't care enough about color accuracy to pay more + most laptops have matte screens because most customers don't like the glare on glossy screens.

Keep in mind there is glossy, matte and anything inbetween. This means some manufacturers have more or less matte/glossy screens. There is no 100% consistency between manufacturers on how matte a screen should be.

Also, I know HP usually has glossy screens, TN is usually matte (maybe going a bit too glossy, but not too much) and Asus just depends on the laptop in question.

Advantage of Glossy: can give a clearer image, because no matte filter on it.

Disadvantage: glare (duh).

Advantage of matte: less glare

Disadvantage: can give a little darker colors/generally fuzzier image and it's not good for touchscreens.

There are very little desktop screens that still have glossy screens (not including all in ones, which are almost universally glossy.), because of the glare thing, but laptops sometimes still have them if: they want clearer colors (IPS), if it's an HP or if it has a touchscreen.

TL;DR: glossy can give better colors and this is why generally laptops with IPS screens are glossy, but the advantage is very small + no one likes the glare. Most desktop desktop monitors are matte because screw the glare!

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

5 hours ago, AManWithPlan said:

An interesting concept of a "to go" projection TV. Not sure why the blow up part is needed when one can simply project on a wall, but hey, that's why I'm reco'ing to review it.

Wonder what kinda ms and RGB% this unit has.

http://www.arovia.io

@linustech, @slick

I've merged this in here, since, despite the age of this thread, it's still active and apparently watched for ideas.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Progress Update on the fan arrangements test PC's. Are they even still running?

I'd love to see a monitor buyers guide from you guys. A lot of websites give tips of what to watch out for, but not many have actual recommendations.

There might be too much to cover on this subject, so a good approach might be:

You want to play games with a good monitor. 

If your graphics card performance is within the range of a GTX 1060 choose a 1080 monitor, like these ones (show a few sizes)

(And the same for 1440 and 4k.)

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.