What should I review next?

I would like a review of Singularity Computers, they are based in AUS sadly, but they ship world wide and do amazing stuff to the systems they build, they even have their own youtube channel with vlogs of the building process.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Linus I have watched your videos for years, and have a request that I know would be super popular.

Would you make a Utimate plex media server. Completely automated, Xeon processor for maximum simultaneous streams, and awesome redundant raid array. Maybe even show off using it with amazon echo since that is implemented now in plex. I really think the community would love this video, and you would make it awesome ?

ideas ?  of things to show off for automation would be showcasing Filebot. Sonnar & coach potato. Plexpy for all the cool plex statics, also plex requests so your friends can request things. Maybe hard disk sentinel to monitor hard drives.

Not really a review but a computer that builds it's self or rather upgrades its self.

On 1/29/2015 at 11:24 AM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

Review Sony Splashproof wireless bluetooth speaker

Context Matters!

You guys seem to be fans of Ducky keyboards, but they also make mice too. I think they're pretty good competitors to the G502, although the G502 has more features I don't think the Secret loses out because simple and basic is a feature itself now

"2 Gamers 1 CPU" with AMD Ryzen R7 1800X. PS. plz plz do it. i'm very exited to watch it happening. thanks

Linus has never reviewed any trackballs in all these years of his channel.

I wasn't a trackball person until i got one, a Logitech M570, i bought it for testing fuelled by curiosity, but the idea kinda grew on me, so much so that i bought a second one, one for the job, one for the home.

He could even do some sort of humorous thing like "Gaming with a Trackball!" like RandomFrankP did a few weeks ago.

He could either review one of these, the M570, or any of the numerous Kensington, Elecom or Sanwa trackballs.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

On 1/28/2015 at 10:24 PM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

Have Taran revisit the DIY 2nd keyboard with more functionality such as double-tap keys (he referred to it at the end of the first video but it'd be cool to see it in action :) 

Do you think you could make a review that goes over FPS vs Screen Hz and if higher then 60 fps on 60hz is actually noticable or that the latency is better?

is 120Hz monitor @ 60FPS is better then 60Hz monitor @ 80-90FPS ?

Isn't there some fact out there that the human eye can only see up to 60 or 70 Hz? anything past that is just noticable latency issues we can see?

Maybe start to review the smallest and thinnest and lightest (I know the LG Gram has been reviewed in this area) but we have had the Holy Sh*t episodes for the biggest, baddest, strongest, what about the polar opposite of whats already been reviewed?

Never mind the $1,000 HDMI cable, what abut this £5.99 'worlds thinnest' HDMI cable?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Worlds-Slimmest-Plated-Lifetime-Warranty/dp/B00S0SN1Y6/ref=s9u_cartx_gw_i2?_encoding=UTF8&fpl=fresh&pd_rd_i=B00S0SN1Y6&pd_rd_r=40AHE4WQN922WTPHM7C0&pd_rd_w=c84Fe&pd_rd_wg=U8rr7&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=&pf_rd_r=PJ0GESCJ8RG4BX4Z1AVS&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=35757d1b-908a-4848-9317-e6dd1ce44117&pf_rd_i=desktop

Maybes an idea for the next Scrapyard wars, do a PC on the best price to performance to volume of the PC so, you could have a ITX with a Titan XP vs a Full Tower with two 980 in SLI.

Intel i9 9900X | EVGA X299 Micro 2 | Asus GTX 1070 Strix Gaming 8GB | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 (4X8GB) 3200 | EVGA 280mm CLC

Seasonic 1300w Focus Gold | Samsung 500GB 970 EVO

WD Black 2TB/WD Black 1TB (X2)/Seagate 4TB Ironwolf/Crucial 1TB P1/Crucial MX500 500GB/Samsung 1TB QVO

Phanteks Entho Evolve MATX

Samsung LS29E790C 29 Inch Monitor | LG 24UD58 24 inch 4K UHD

Coolermaster Master Keys Pro RGB (Cherry MX Brown)

Logitech G700s

Razer Leviathan

Can you review the In Win 805i case (if you have I haven't found it so could someone give me a video title or URL?)?Also could you do a video about like "the coolest looking cases", "the best cases", or "my favorite cases" I seem to be having a lot of trouble finding good cases that would look good (with my all RGB build hehe). Thanks!

Do a TEN YEARS series piece on RAM. It's a review in a way.

Do a review of the so called gaming headsets.

@LinusTech A review of Microsoft's HoloLens would be more than appreciated :) 

Main Rig - AMD Ryzen 1800X @ 3.9 - NZXT Kraken X62 - MSI X370 SLI PLUS - G.Skill TRIDENT Z RGB 16GB 2667MHz - 2 x Gigabyte GeForce GTX1080 WindForce OC - NZXT S340 (Purple-White) - OCZ 120GB, Seagate 1TB - Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold - SAMSUNG S24D590 24", HP L1950g - Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum - Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum - Creative Cambridge Sound Works + two random Philips speakers, Logitech G430 headset - Win 10 Pro x64

Retro Gaming PC - ASUS T3

Server - HP ProLiant DL380 G6(Currently assembling it) - 2 x Intel Xeon E5520 2.26GHz 8MB Quad Core Processor

NAS - Zyxel NSA320S 2 x Seagate Constellation ES 2TB(RAID1) - QNAP TS-212 1 x 500GB

-=Logitech FanBoiiiiiiii=-

I love NZXT as well <3

review all flagship mobos of varius manufacturers on the 270 chipset 

asus/msi/gigabyte/asrock? 

I would like to make a suggestion for a next video. It kind of is a review. One big difference between Ryzen and Intel is that Ryzen has more direct connections between the CPU and other hardware, where Intel connects certain other hardware via other interfaces (bridges) Ryzen has more direct connections. It is being hypothesized that this might explain why many reviewers and gamers experience Ryzen as smoother than what would be expected based upon the FPS. 

Linus has actually developed a way to test this, he did this a few years ago. He used a light sensor and a camera on the screen (if I remember correctly with Crysis 3 in the well known skybox, this way you could see an oversized gun shoot) to detect the input lag for a wireless mouse. My compliments for that video. ;)

It should be easy to adopt this to test wether or not the input lag for Ryzen (R7 1700-1800X) is lower than for certain Intel CPU's (6900k, 7600k and 7700k). Click on a mouse button and detect how long it takes for the action to happen on the screen. At the very least it would be an interesting video and Linus and his guys have already figured out how to do this. Why not test Ryzen's input lag this way and see if it is lower than what would be expected based upon the FPS. Either you come with something new or you falsify a hypothesis which is gainig popularity.

Also this, Ryzen realy should be tested in combination with high end AMD GPU's. I know that that is a bit more difficult now but a Fury X and a R9 295 might as well be used as a GTX 1070 and you could crossfire RX 480 cards (R9 295  also is CF), that limits the games that you can test but it is well known what games have a good CF scaling, just compare CF with a single card. Let's face it, AMD does still support CF in a decent way. Here the proof that Ryzen performs better with AMD cards.

It is not about AMD being better at DX12 or Vulkan, it is about AMD getting a higher penalty in these API's than Intel when being paired by a Nvidia card and a higher bonus when paired with a AMD card (DX12), it is about the delta between Intel and AMD for the difference between a Nvidia card and a AMD card. It is about Nvidia's drivers not yet being optimised for Ryzen.

I suspect that this is not intentional and that Nvidia will attempt to fix it.

If you wanna build a pc on a toaster, oven, duster, car, cycle, pizzabox, on a old monitor, "monitor", tv, speaker, bagpack(oh there is one) <3U

Another shit manufacturers say episode: Performance boost in games by Windows 10 Creators Update's Game Mode on different configurations, low end to high end hardware. Maybe it's 

At around 3:04 of the video 

@LinusTech @Slick

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

I saw an ad on FB about some weird sunglasses with build in "speakers" they're called Zungle, the idea is quite interesting but i dont think they are as good as they claim it to be

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

It would be really awesome to have a new editing den tour because i see you have done many upgrades. I would also like to see a desk tour of tarens desk