What should I review next?

18 hours ago, Yorkie said:

For gaming on pc, if games could use more then 4GB of ram would they run better and smoother (ram on the motherboard that is)

They don't need to. They need to use more VRAM to store the textures and frames and whatnot to be displayed. 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Repost, sorry please remove.

Spoiler

CPU: i7 5930k  |  Motherboard: EVGA X99 Classified  |  RAM: 32 GB Crucial DDR4  |  GPU:  R9 290 Reference Tri-Crossfire w/Kraken g10 mod  | Case: Corsair 780t  |  Storage: Sandisk 960GB SSD, Crucial 960GB SSD, 128GB Sandisk SSD, Seagate 2TB Hard Drive, Seagate Archive Drive 8TB, HGST Deskstar 4TB  |  PSU: Rosewill Gold Lightning-1300, Display(s): Nixeus Vue 24"144Hz FreeSync, 50in TV, Yiynova MVP22U(V3) Tablet Monitor w/ Mechanical Arm  |  Cooling: Cosair H55, H105, 2*Kraken X41  |  Keyboard:  Rosewill Mechanical Brown Keyboard| Mouse: MX Master, G602  | Sound:  Sennheiser HD 700, Westone W40, SoundBlaster e5, Fiio e18

@LinusTech 

Can you make a video on whether or not faster ram makes a notable difference for PC with crossfire/sli

http://www.techspot.com/news/64927-ddr4-4000-mhz-does-make-difference.html#comments

Spoiler

CPU: i7 5930k  |  Motherboard: EVGA X99 Classified  |  RAM: 32 GB Crucial DDR4  |  GPU:  R9 290 Reference Tri-Crossfire w/Kraken g10 mod  | Case: Corsair 780t  |  Storage: Sandisk 960GB SSD, Crucial 960GB SSD, 128GB Sandisk SSD, Seagate 2TB Hard Drive, Seagate Archive Drive 8TB, HGST Deskstar 4TB  |  PSU: Rosewill Gold Lightning-1300, Display(s): Nixeus Vue 24"144Hz FreeSync, 50in TV, Yiynova MVP22U(V3) Tablet Monitor w/ Mechanical Arm  |  Cooling: Cosair H55, H105, 2*Kraken X41  |  Keyboard:  Rosewill Mechanical Brown Keyboard| Mouse: MX Master, G602  | Sound:  Sennheiser HD 700, Westone W40, SoundBlaster e5, Fiio e18

some of the new blackberry branded android phones, mostly because canadian company

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

EXternal GPU's like the old days with USB or an express card!

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

On 1/29/2015 at 3:24 AM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

Silverstone pt13. Do a super sff PC in it.

On 1/29/2015 at 5:24 AM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

I believe that you have forgot about The Compensator. The V. 1.0 was done in July 31st, and now it is August 29th. I would love to see this one with nvidia's pascal lineup.

Project "Transcend": i7 7700k-R9 380 4GB by MSi, Z170-HD3P

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $453 ($123 with sales)
  • Games owned: 76
  • Games not played: 40 (53%)
  • Hours on record: 667.0h

On 8/18/2016 at 10:01 PM, zandabyte said:

As someone heading off to a dorm soon one of my main concerns is my Desktop getting stolen out of my room. Mostly due to horror stories I have heard about that college. So I think it would make for a fairly fun video for you to go through various ways to keep your PC from being stolen with stuff like computer locks, gps tracking, and other silly things. If nothing else it would give you an excuse to wear a ski mask.

It may sound stupid, but if you can drill 2 holes relatively close to each other on your case, and then add a bicycle lock tied to the table leg, so it would be secure. And if it does get lost, you can always order a Tile from amazon and tape it somewhere hidden and secure from burglars, if they even break the bicycle lock.

link for Tile: https://www.amazon.com/Tile-Gen-Phone-Finder-Finder/dp/B011HT9AL2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1472500274&sr=8-1&keywords=tile

Project "Transcend": i7 7700k-R9 380 4GB by MSi, Z170-HD3P

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $453 ($123 with sales)
  • Games owned: 76
  • Games not played: 40 (53%)
  • Hours on record: 667.0h

Linus,

I am an accounting professional and I would like to see a segment on designing the ultimate professional office set up for the closet gamer.  Here are things I would like to hear from you:

1.  What system would you design for business use (very professional looking with no LED's and no gamer frills in the case design.)  For the internals, what would you put in a system to reduce the loading and program response time to the absolute minimum.  I hate hate hate waiting for programs to respond.   Would you use RAMDisk?  Does the extra cost of an NVMe drive make sense in a business setting?  Also, you have to make room for a GTX 1080 or Titan XP for when the door is locked and the blinds are drawn.

2.  Quickbooks is probably the widest used small business accounting software out there.  I know that tech reviewers often focus on media rigs when looking at the business side of things, but it would be cool if you could design a business rig and test it against some of the common small business tasks.  I realize that most of those are single threaded applications, so can you design a system that focuses on performance on these areas?  I know that is a wierd request, but I think it would interest some of us 30 somethings and self employeds in your viewership.

3.  What adjustable standing desk option has the best value.  I am looking for something that will accommodate the 32" 4k monitors comfortably.  I am looking at getting the predator 32" with Gsync, but I do not want the gamer logo showing on the monitor.  Can this be removed safely?  

4. Posture is a constant problem for me.  What are your recommendations for the best desk, chair, and other items to support good posture.

LG short throw projector.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

How about a rephrased tech guide for picking PC upgrade parts without all the mumbo jumbo added in that I.T. guys seem to LOVE to talk about? :P

Not necessarily a "short and to the point" guide... but a "short and to the point" guide. >.=.> It's nice to read the thought processes that you guys have, I do the same thing, BUT it's also unnecessary in the long running scheme of things. Most mainstream gamers take a prebuilt HP or something and slap a GPU into it. What if they want to upgrade but get super overwhelmed by X videos about upgrading because of all the extra stuff being talked about?

Stuff like that. Aside from that, adding actual thermal testing to laptops you guys review would be appreciated. That's a HUGE factor for myself as a buyer.

S.K.Y.N.E.T. v4.3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RX 6700XT |   Twin 24" Pixio PX248 Prime 1080p 144Hz Displays | 256GB Sabrent NVMe (OS) | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #1 | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #2 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo1TB Western Digital NVMe | 2TB Sabrent NVMe | Intel Wireless-AC 9260

i think you should do a motherboard compasion guide.  from all price points what makes the boards better then others also base on price

Current Rig=  AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus Crosshair Hero VIII, EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ultra, 32gb Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3000hz White, EVGA 750 P2 PSU, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 500gb samsung 860 evo, 250GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2TB seagate firecuda sshd,  LianLi PC 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition, Corsair h150i elite capelix

Undervolting or that giant radiator tower (30cm*30cm*100cm) which can passively cool a workstation.

Thermal Paste! All of your reviews on thermal paste are 2 or more years old. I still don't know which one is better, IC Diamond, or Arctic MX4.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

A build with a 6950X, 4 GTX1080s, and 4 VMs running Windows all base on unRAID.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

Could you review the Asus K501UW-AB78? It's currently $870 on Amazon and has an i7, 960M and a 512GB SSD. Sounds like a deal to me.

Consoles < Pre-Built PC < Custom Built PC < Own-Built PC

Crypto-currency mining.

Can you do a video on new monitors and motherboards and the corsair m800 polaris mousepad 

On 1/28/2015 at 7:35 PM, MaxBunny said:

Get a review copy of the Hololens please. B)

Yes plz!!!!