What should I review next?

On 1/29/2015 at 2:24 PM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

Mini-ITX motherboards?

Keep showing us more server and enterprise hardware.

It has been a while since you guys did anything on Folding or BOINC.

Do an update with the current available components.

Thanks. :) 

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Cool tech under $100 or maybe $50. Would be nice to have some more of those.

some best in market psu cables,ups,sd cards,card readers,and high speed pendrives,wifi devices ect,,,,,if you contact on my email i could send a coustom list containing 50 items

I'd love to see Linus borrow a Phi so he can explain what exactly they do and why exactly non of us will ever need one. I'm sure Intel would lend you one for a video ;)

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I would like to see some more TV reviews actually.

Current Build: Core i7 4790k @ 4.6, Asus Maximus VII Hero, Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz 8gb (2x4gb), GTX 980ti, NZXT Kraken X61, Fractal Define R5  EVGA Supernova B2 850w, Some 300gb hard drive.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/W7CNrH

Do another scrapyard wars in Korea, the Yongsan districts ahs a huge electronics market of second hand stuff. They sell everything new and used at really cheap prices. You could make your budget anything you like. And also you could visit LG seeing as they have such a history with you. We also have gigabit LTE 10gigabit home internet and prettty much everything else tech related you could ever want.

Used stuff can be as old as things like Sega dreamcast or as new as GTX Titan - used!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Quantum Central Prosessing Units. How they wrk and stuff like dat. What about building a quantum computer

What about things like the upcoming GearX or the Dash? Would love for you to compare these to ur IE80s. These are "wireless smart earphones" btw. 

Link to dash: http://www.bragi.com/

Press release for Samsung GearX: https://news.samsung.com/global/first-look-gear-iconx

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

Please do a video about Premiere Pro's (and other editing software) rendering, and timeline performance increases with the new GTX 1080, and possibly the 1070. Compare it to the GTX 770, 780, 980, some AMD cards I guess. This would be immensely useful information for me and many other YouTube content creators. GPUs aren't just for gaming you know!

On 4/4/2016 at 0:33 PM, Wedsea040 said:

Review a Falcon Northwest computer.

https://www.falcon-nw.com/laptops/drx/design/detail

agreed

Build Name:

Anton

CPU: I7 4790K

GPU: ZOTAC RTX 2060 SUPER AMP EXTREME

RAM: 16GB 1600MHZ

MOBO: MSI H81M-E33

CASE: COOLER MASTER N300

PSU: THERMALTAKE 600 WATT

STORAGE: TOTAL 6.5TB, 512GB SAMSUNG 850 PRO BOOT DRIVE, 2TB HDD 1, 2TB HDD 2, 2TB WESTERN DIGITAL USB 3.0 BACKUP DRIVE

- CRACK!

Asus Rampage V Edition 10. Haven't seen a motherboard review in a very long time. OC3D is like the only other channel that I know of that does review motherboards.

As far as I can remember, the last motherboard review I saw you do was the Maximus VII Formula. Please correct me if he did review a different motherboard before he stopped reviewing them :).

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"Brand loyalty/fanboyism is stupid." - Unknown person on these forums

"Assuming kills" - @Moondrelor

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

When the rx480 comes out a 500-600 dollar gaming rig all amd and bench at 1440p. Basically lets see how cheap 1440p gaming will possibly be. Optional Then make a 500-600 nvidia rig and compare.

fx 8300,8-16gbs or ram, motherboard,ssd, 500 watt psu, case, and maybe squease in a basic corsair aio and the rx 480 should be around 600.

Edit you can cheap out and get it to 600 or less if you got a cheap case and psu combo 60 bucks less got a 25 dollar cheaper motherboard and got slower ram at 8gb 20 bucks less and or take out the aio 60 bucks cheaper ssd 10 bucks. So you could take up to 175 off the build if you wanted to and not lose too much. I would also spend the extra 30 for the 8gb version of the rx480. So It could be a 550-600 rig easy but I think this is a solid build at 725. The parts i picked come up to 495 plus a 230 rx480 8gb.

Untitled.png

I had an idea for a true water cooled PC. Most PC are liquid radiator cooled and the radiators are air cooled. What if the radiators were in an aquarium where the heat transfer would help keep the tank at about 80F for the fish? I know they make fans that can function underwater. You would probably need a small test tube heater to keep the fish tank at the proper temperature.

It would be even cooler if you made it an all-in-one with the monitor mounted on the back glass.

The user would have to look though the water to see the screen ;) LOL!

WaterCooledPC.jpg

Would love to see a video trying to find various bottleneck points with some common sample hardware in various gaming titles.. eg what gpu will a C2D bottleneck vs a Q6600 vs i7920 etc

Also, at what point does PCI-E lanes become problematic with both the mainstream and x99 solutions

Maybe even a mini-series covering cpu, platform limitations such as pci-e speeds or lanes and chipset limits such as erm.. (sure you can think of something eg if it uses cpu pci-e lanes for x feature or chipest ones) and finally gpu's?

There is very few reasons to upgrade a platform these days unless your looking for a specific feature.. but what type of GPU to put into a 2500 non k on pci-e2.0, will it bottleneck a 1080.. or in what situations will it and by how much I think is a commonly asked question..

Or maybe just a video with detailed instructions as to how to see if there is a bottleneck.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

22 hours ago, Dzzope said:

Would love to see a video trying to find various bottleneck points with some common sample hardware in various gaming titles.. eg what gpu will a C2D bottleneck vs a Q6600 vs i7920 etc

Also, at what point does PCI-E lanes become problematic with both the mainstream and x99 solutions

Maybe even a mini-series covering cpu, platform limitations such as pci-e speeds or lanes and chipset limits such as erm.. (sure you can think of something eg if it uses cpu pci-e lanes for x feature or chipest ones) and finally gpu's?

There is very few reasons to upgrade a platform these days unless your looking for a specific feature.. but what type of GPU to put into a 2500 non k on pci-e2.0, will it bottleneck a 1080.. or in what situations will it and by how much I think is a commonly asked question..

Or maybe just a video with detailed instructions as to how to see if there is a bottleneck.

PCIe gen 1 x16, gen 2 x 8, and gen 3 x 4 are your minimums for each GPU. JayzTwoCents did a bottleneck video effectively using a 2.0(ish) Ghz i3 to show a significant bottleneck in a unigine valley benchmark.

Hey Linus,

Have you already reviewed the new Rx480 from amd? If so, ignore my comment.

9 minutes ago, MarcWolfe said:

PCIe gen 1 x16, gen 2 x 8, and gen 3 x 4 are your minimums for each GPU. JayzTwoCents did a bottleneck video effectively using a 2.0(ish) Ghz i3 to show a significant bottleneck in a unigine valley benchmark.

I mean as a upgraders guide.. if your looking to play x on y, this is the best card without bottlenecking, I know there are some tests of pci-e already out there.. but a 15 min video flipping through some combos showing where they found the limit of each tech.. like a "where's my bottleneck" series would be good.. either showing how and what to test in each scenario and then maybe some examples of a practical situation.. eg the bottleneck on pci-e is the main worry on anything with 2.0.. I think you get the gneral gist of the concept.. it can be interpreted a few ways and thats up to ltt.. I just think a guide or similar would be cool.

3 minutes ago, Dank Sidious said:

Hey Linus,

Have you already reviewed the new Rx480 from amd? If so, ignore my comment.

It's not released yet, I'm sure as soon as the NDA is up they will have a video ready to release. Same as everyone else.