Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
kanek999

speed test is normal, when downloading a file is extremly low?

Posted (edited) · Original PosterOP

Hi guys, im having a problem, 
when i try to download any file from anywhere the server is, it downloads at like 50kb/s - 100kb/s, but i own a 5mbps connection, so it should go betwen the 500kb/s - 600kb/s, so i go to speedtest.com and the result is the 5mbps ! upload is 1mbps (wich is normal) but still when i download from anywhere it just download pretty damn slow!, i alredy passed malwarebytes, avast and seek & Destroy anti-spywares and malware, so is not a malware problem.
Also sometimes when i use a proxy, it downloads at normal speeds (depending on the proxy) but still browsing with a proxy is damn slow sometimes and sometimes the proxy doesnt work so its not a 100% problem solver

What could it be? i tried using firefox aswell and it doesnt work too, i use the google chrome beta.

I also tried CCleaner

Edited by kanek999
Posted · Original PosterOP

no, i mean everything 
like a download on mega
or something from dropbox or media fire or even on u torrent the speed is extra slow for what im paying for

Tried pipelining (e.g. using a download manager with multiple connections to the host server)?

it could be several things.

1) The servers your are downloading stuff from are uploading at slow speed
2) Your ISP might be doing some sort of traffic shaping
3) Can be your own router / modem / computer
4) you "own" a 5 Mbps connection but are you sure you are getting 5Mbps ?
5) Is there anyone else using the internet connection ?

Main: Intel i7-4770K, MSI Z87 MPower, 2x 4GB G.Skills 1866MHz CL9, 2x Gigabyte R9-290X, Fractal Design XL R2, 2x Samsung EVO 250GB Raid0 and 2x 1TB Seagate Raid0, Top power 1000W 80+ Bronze, Asus PCE-AC68

Server: AMD FX-8350, MSI 970a-G46, 2x 4GB Mushkin 1866Mhz CL9, MSI 8600GT, Fractal Design Define R4, Samsung EVO 250GB and 6X 2TB Seagate RAID 10, EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+Gold, 2x Intel GBe NIC
Router: Pfsense 2.2, Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Acer crap motherboard, 4x 2GB Samsung 800Mhz CL4, Fractal Design Node 604, OCZ Agility 2 50GB, Thermaltake 400W 80+, 2x Intel GBe NIC

Posted · Original PosterOP

it could be several things.

1) The servers your are downloading stuff from are uploading at slow speed

2) Your ISP might be doing some sort of traffic shaping

3) Can be your own router / modem / computer

4) you "own" a 5 Mbps connection but are you sure you are getting 5Mbps ?

5) Is there anyone else using the internet connection ?

1.) like no. a friend of mine downloads from mega at normal speeds very fast

2.) dont know about that, bout every time i call them they say to me that my slow internet speed is not due to them, and i rather get a technician to check my pc

3.) i've not cheked my modem (since i dont have a router) and i dont know how to do it, as far as i know my isp has cheked it but not sure if that is true, also my computer seems fine on malwares or other virus since i alredy passed malware bytes, avast, spybot seek & Destroy and ccleaner... i don't know if there is something else to check on my computer.

4.) as i tell on the post, i go to the speedtest.net and i get the full 5mbps on the download, upload its fine at 1mbps since it always has been like this

5.) regullary only m, but some times my dad and my brother uses smartphones for only social media, so not a big deal.