Dying Light audio stuttering and slowing down problem (Realtek audio drivers)

Nineshadow

Mainly during cutscenes, voices slow down (their pitches also lowers) and sometimes come back or not.

Here's how it sounds like :

Go to 5m 30s.

This is usually a performance related problem, like if you have under 5fps, but I'm playing steadily at medium settings @ average 40 fps with my 560.

There's a thread on Steam about it, but nothing fixed it. As well, it seems like the problem only exists with Realtek audio

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Man I really hope the devs are working to fix this game, I have 0 problems with it but is sad you guys don't get to play it like it was meant to.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

This game is really really buggy, it's not correctly multi-threaded and optimized. The first core on your CPU will be maxed out which is probably causing audio issues.

I don't think there is anything you can do but wait.

blackshades on

PS: Reduce draw distance to minimum, TB did a test on it and having it maxed out halved his FPS in any given area. That should hopefully boost you to 60fps and as others have said, the game is horribly optimized at the moment. I get the odd stuttering (I7 4790K and 780Ti), but haven't had the Audio problem yet. The game's really fun when you get further in and I hope they fix this issue in the next patch! :)

- Sam

CPU: Intel i7 4790k MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z97x-UD3H RAM: 2x4gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti SC w/ ACX SSD: Samsung 820 128gb HDD: Seagate 1TB PSU: Cooler Master eXtreme 800w Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout

Having the same problem, this is so annoying that I don't even want to play it...

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

Having the same problem, this is so annoying that I don't even want to play it...

Realtek too?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I have the same problem. So there's no fix at all for this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV-OCygWVvU

I will give that a try, see if it does anything

I have a 4670k at 4.2GHz. Doubt that CPU isn't powerful enough, unless the game is horribly optimized.

In you widows sound settings set the it rate to 24 and the sample rate to 96000. Made all my audio stutter go away. Hope it helps.

Did it and it changed some things, but the stuttering is still there. I even tried 16 bit.

In you widows sound settings set the it rate to 24 and the sample rate to 96000. Made all my audio stutter go away. Hope it helps.

it helped me. i also tryed 16bit and so on. but only 24, 96000. worked!

thanks!

Spelled my name wrong  <_<

Thanks this fixed about 95% of the crackling on my system. Hopefully they'll release a patch soon to optimise the game.

As an update the latest patch for dying light seems to have fixed the audio. I'm back at max 24bit audio with no problems now.