My Build Help

winkawak

Bro do you work for AMD? lol

Now i just need to know what case will fit my crap, will a mid tower do?

I recommend the Phanteks Enthoo Pro. I believe it's reasonably priced, and if you have the space to fit it in your room then the full tower aspect is pure bliss to build a computer in.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

I linked like four usable cases in this thread :D

I want you to have options you did not think of.  A GTX 970 is great, but if you are looking at the GTX 980...  REALLY think about the R9 295X x2 and it's place in the market (at $700).

I recommend the Phanteks Enthoo Pro. I believe it's reasonably priced, and if you have the space to fit it in your room then the full tower aspect is pure bliss to build a computer in.

How do i know which case will fit me need? what features do i look out for?

Any mid tower will fit your parts... I mean any, really.

I believe every case should be good enough to to fit your parts in, although I'm not entirely sure about what cases are compatible with different coolers. That's beyond my knowledge. :P

Really all comes down to if you have the space in your room/budget to buy a full size tower.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

Thanks bro, i must of missed it when you edited after i qoute you. What features do i look for in a case?

Usability and construction.  There is a general layout that manufacturers use that is the best for mid towers... and fulls:  the motherboard tray design; the hard drive bay placement; the fan vents.

Once you find the cases that fill the "quota"  (and there are a LOT), then it becomes personal preference.

I personally use a Corsair C70.  The layout is what it should be, but... I bought it because it is made 99% of steel... and I got it for $90. 

will a mid tower give me problem with sli or heat?

Not a good one.  Look at the Phanteks Enthoo Pro $99, or the Luxe(more expensive). Great cases, full towers.

Have yall seen the new in win 904? so sexy but expensive.

Hope this x99 deluxe mobo dont cause me problems like i see in newegg reviews. Some review says it mobo died and took cpu and hdd with it.

Hope this x99 deluxe mobo dont cause me problems like i see in newegg reviews. Some review says it mobo died and took cpu and hdd with it.

Wait, why? The Deluxe is $300+.  The AsRock is $160.  Why are you paying twice as much?... looks?  Cause the ASUS sure as hell does not perform even 25% better.

Whats the difference between the two boards? As for the case im going for the

Thermaltake Urban T81 Extreme Full Tower Chassis

oops, that was a Z87... loooking for other reviews

Whats the difference between the two boards? As for the case im going for the

Thermaltake Urban T81 Extreme Full Tower Chassis

I am just reading this for the first time too.  I really have no idea how it performs against the ASUS.  My best educated guess:  They perform exactly the same (+/- 1%), but the Deluxe has more features.

:/ is there really a need for X99 tho? I mean if you have the money and are willing to spend then by all means go ahead.

:/ is there really a need for X99 tho? I mean if you have the money and are willing to spend then by all means go ahead.

x99 is faster/better than z97 no? I normally get gaming laptop and normally spend around 2k too. I decided to build desktop for the first time and it cost me less than 2k with performance much greater than laptop that will also last me few more years and it upgradeable.

@winkawak I guess I should apologize a bit first.  Pushing for that Extreme 3 board is based on my subjective experience with AsRock enthusiast boards.  I have had great experience with this brand over the past two-three years.

I wish I could find some good reviews and articles on the AsRock Extreme 3 X99, but I cannot.  I can personally take the leap to the $160 board because of MY experience.  I can't however expect you to do the same.

idk, there are other options too...lower than $300 =)

@winkawak I guess I should apologize a bit first.  Pushing for that Extreme 3 board is based on my subjective experience with AsRock enthusiast boards.  I have had great experience with this brand over the past two-three years.

I wish I could find some good reviews and articles on the AsRock Extreme 3 X99, but I cannot.  I can personally take the leap to the $160 board because of MY experience.  I can't however expect you to do the same.

idk, there are other options too...lower than $300 =)

No problem, im all ears. What other mobo do you think i could also add to list buy list? I looked into the z97 mobo thinking it will have better review than x99 but i was wrong. Reviews on newegg shows z97 mobo is also having as much issues as x99 mobo.

x99 is faster/better than z97 no? I normally get gaming laptop and normally spend around 2k too. I decided to build desktop for the first time and it cost me less than 2k with performance much greater than laptop that will also last me few more years and it upgradeable.

IT is better, but unless you;re going to make use of those cores (rendering and stuff) a Z97 might be better (DDR4 prices are insane too) OVerall if this is the first time for you to be building, I recommend ghoing the Z97 or even H97 route. Z97 if you;re into overclocking, H97 if you justy want a good working computer. Go nuts with the GPU cause that will always help gaming, but cpu...yea.. work/usage dependant

No problem, im all ears. What other mobo do you think i could also add to list buy list? I looked into the z97 mobo thinking it will have better review than x99 but i was wrong. Reviews on newegg shows z97 mobo is also having as much issues as x99 mobo.

ANY board you pick has about the same chance of failure.  At this level of hardware, you are not likely to get a dead board.  That is why I am against spending on the Deluxe.  If there are specific features on the ASUS you want or need, sure go for it.  Other than features, grab the cheapest.

This is not much, but this dude built his X99 on the Extreme 3: 

lol, stop reading those reviews, or at least taking them seriously.  Read them, but understand that you can't trust them enough to make decisions off of.  I read them, but I further investigate any issue that I am concerned with.  99% of the "DoA" or "failed" posts are useless to consumers.

IT is better, but unless you;re going to make use of those cores (rendering and stuff) a Z97 might be better (DDR4 prices are insane too) OVerall if this is the first time for you to be building, I recommend ghoing the Z97 or even H97 route. Z97 if you;re into overclocking, H97 if you justy want a good working computer. Go nuts with the GPU cause that will always help gaming, but cpu...yea.. work/usage dependant

Ex14 is right.  Unless you are going to do heavy workstation-type work, the X99 does not really offer any more speed.  It has 2 extra cores, that is it.  DDR4 is not a big improvement at all.

Besides gaming Im also using it for 3d animation and rendering.

ANY board you pick has about the same chance of failure.  At this level of hardware, you are not likely to get a dead board.  That is why I am against spending on the Deluxe.  If there are specific features on the ASUS you want or need, sure go for it.  Other than features, grab the cheapest.

This is not much, but this dude built his X99 on the Extreme 3:

Ill take a look around, im opened to suggestion, im new at this after all. Im planning to buy parts a week or two. That should give me plenty of time to think over.

Ex14 is right.  Unless you are going to do heavy workstation-type work, the X99 does not really offer any more speed.  It has 2 extra cores, that is it.  DDR4 is not a big improvement at all.

X99 is too much for creating 3d animation and rendering?