Delete this thread

Avericious

This text is waste of forum bandwidth.

Current System: Corsair Graphite 760T White/ Asus X99-S / Intel Core i7 5820K / Corsair H100i GTX / EVGA Titan X SuperClocked / HyperX Fury 4x8GB 2666mhz DDR4/ Corsair AX1500i / Intel 750 PCIe SSD 400gb / Samsung Evo 840 500gb / WD Green 4TB x2 / WD Green 3TB /  OCZ Agility 3 120gb

I buy AMD cards only because I like to support the underdog and I don't agree with some of Nvidias business practices such as keeping features like PhysX and G-Sync closed.

I am going to buy an AMD R9 290 really soon because it has similar performance to the 970, ACTUAL 4gb of ram, it is almost $100 cheaper. I do not care about the heat because this issue is resolved with an aftermarket cooler and the power inefficiency is justifiable considering the price difference.

Because I wanted a card that would last a couple years.

Necropost.jpg

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

BOTH!!! 

dont care as long as it works fine, have trouble with both side and for the poeple saying their fav card hve no issues does not mean its bullet proof they all hve probs in some way or another . fan boy Fagots! out

lives on

BAKABT

Because I like shadow play. And efficiency was really important because it would change my case choice. 

Nvidia. And I like EVGA. No problems with AMD. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Because I like shadow play. And efficiency was really important because it would change my case choice. 

Nvidia. And I like EVGA. No problems with AMD. 

I choose performance for money and a company that dont lie to me.

I choose performance for money and a company that dont lie to me.

Well, FPS to money does not apply to me. (Just like gameplay time divided by cost)

That is why I like Sony. Money to quality does not apply very well.

My 700 series cards are better than advertised. I could care less about this and that with the 900 series. (Also, the cache lie was wrong because they have a switching L2 cache)

Also, who the fuck cares. I can play my games at my resolution just fine! That is what it is for, isn't it!?

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Well, FPS to money does not apply to me.

Cool but i rather get more in return for my hard earned money ... that's just IMHO !

I chose Nvidia as I had my Geforce 256 working properly until 18 months ago. If I can get the same lifespan out of my GTX 970, I'll be pleased as I'd have gotten more than my moneys worth out of it. (That and I got told when looking that a GTX 970 was the only card with a large performance increase over my 650ti, and considering the 650 was playing any game at mid-high settings at 1080p (2GB of vRAM helped a lot))

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Currently on the green team until applications better utilize OpenCL. 

The only programs that I know of that excel in OpenCL is Sony Vegas. All other video editing programs prefer the CUDA platform. 

You'll find that a lot of people here either, hop between the two hoping to have better performance in the games they like.  Or they stuck to one brand for a long time and see no reason to change that, like myself.  I've had Nvidia cards ever since the first PC my dad built me when I was young.  Only time I've had an AMD card was the 5870, boy I wish modern flagships were that cheap.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

I just buy whatever suits my needs and budget. If nVidia has better offering for my current money, I grab nVidia. If AMD(ATI) - I grab AMD. I did end up with more AMD GPU than nVidia, but that wasnt really intentional.

i choose NVidia because of lower power consumption (newer ones)...but as long as AMD can do this too, then it'll be hard to choose from..

BUT i have softwares that use the CUDA cores, so nvidia

I choose AMD, to support the innovative company and the open source projects! Unlike Nvidia G-SYNC $ 200 please, game works, where is AMD is open and friendly.

the 6000 series seemed like a better choice over the 400 series,

How's that working for ya now? ;)

The 400 series is still a workhorse for me at least. I chose Nvidia for the higher power consumption, performance, and better drivers (at the time)

I've never been an ATI guy and I can't say that I will be anytime soon

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

I prefer Nvidia over AMD, I used Nvidia since 8400GS -> 9600GT -> GTX560Ti and now GTX970. but this GTX970 is such a shame for Nvidia. I'll consider buying AMD for my next upgrade..

Primary PC
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | M/B: Asus ROG Strix X370-F | RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200MHz 32GB | GPU: Asus TUF RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6 | SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 250GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB x2 | Power: Thermaltake Toughpower 80+ Gold 650W | Sound card: Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5  | Case: NZXT H500 | Cooling: NZXT Kraken X62 | Display: Samsung CHG70 27" 1440p 144Hz QLED

Secondary PC
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 | M/B: Asrock B450M Pro 4 | RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator 3200MHz 16GB | GPU: Asrock RX 5700 8GB GDDR6 | SSD: Crucial P1 1TB | HDD: WD Black 1TB | Power: Coolermaster Masterwatt 550 | CaseAerocool Cylon Mini | Cooling: BeQuiet Pure Rock Slim 2 | Display: Samsung CFG73 24" 1080p 144Hz QLED

Thanks for reading

Because i had a radeon card in my old laptop(which is used by my brother now) and it was discontinued and AMD decided not to get out new drivers for it since 2010 bc of the switchable graphics solution in it. So on that bad experience i went shopping for an nvidia card, and i'm really satisfied with it. 

Although to be completely honest, with freesync coming out, and hopefully a new batch of AMD cards being released(hopefully on par or better with nvidia) then i might consider switching to team red(altho shadowplay is still a pretty big selling point for me), at least on the gpu side.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo:MSI Z87-G43 RAM:Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 1866MHz SSD:Samsung 840 120GB GPU:Gigabyte GTX770 2GB PSU:EVGA NEX650G Case:Fractal Design Define R4 Cooler:Corsair H80i 

Well, I used AMD here.... Because it's cheaper, but it consumes a lot of power. Nvidia is more expensive but more efficient with less power needed.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

When with AMD cause thios Gigabyte Windforce  3G Rev2. Was relatively cheap. and providied bnetter perf than similarly priced cards from nvidia

i choose AMD (for my last purchase, 280x) over Nvidia (gtx770) because of the extra 1gb of Vram (very useful) and cheaper price. plus I use Vegas Pro a lot so i need all the opencl horsepower