Would you rather have " Better performance Fans or Quiet Fans?"

virusal19

NOCTUA DO A FANTASTIC PRESSURE FAN

NF - S12B

Noctua_NF-S12B_FLX_intake.png

THEN AGAIN THEY DO AMAZING SILENT FANS

NF - P12

stock.jpg

Noctua design fans for noise so I suppose their air pressure fan will still be moderately quite?

They certainly do ugly fans.

I would say sound.

Well personally I go for looks first then sound and last performance. I just think that the difference between performance is so small it doesn't really matter.

A balance between both but if I had to choose performance.

Fans that undervolt well but maintain a good acoustic profile.

Silence definitely, there is no need to have loud computing anymore, even with an i7 3770K OC to 4.5GHz there should be very little noise to your system if you have good fans (noctua nf series) or even the default fans that come with most cpu coolers £40+ also you wont really see the benefit from the highest performance fans unless your doing crazy OC's (like for competitions etc..) even then you should be using N2O for something like that.

How will the Silverstone Air Penetrators perform at low speed vs Noctua NF-F? I’m looking for quiet yet efficient case and rad fans, but frankly I don’t like the look of the Noctua. Imagine that.

I'd rather have a quiet PC but a balance of both performance and quiet. I tend to look for the best quiet performer when looking at GPUs, CPU coolers, fans, and cases.

NOCTUA DO A FANTASTIC PRESSURE FAN

NF - S12B

Noctua_NF-S12B_FLX_intake.png

THEN AGAIN THEY DO AMAZING SILENT FANS

NF - P12

stock.jpg

Noctua design fans for noise so I suppose their air pressure fan will still be moderately quite?

That first fan isn't a static pressure fan that's an airflow fan. The second picture is a better example of a pressure fan because of the way the blades are angled and the amount of them

Performance fans with fan controller !

Quiet computing and high performance when needed !

PS : I use to sacrifice the benefit of my water cooling for almost no noise at all. Only thing I can hear at idle is....my power supply -_-

People who say performance "all the way", have definitely never heard Delta's on 12 volts.

Yeah, think again. Quite is way better. Its all about finding the perfect balance for you.

Quieter is better = better overall performance of the system (my opinion)

=

Doesn't matter much to me, when I need the performance I'm gaming and don't notice noise around me much at all.

As quiet as I can get whilst maintaining a good level of cooling performance.

Many people don't tend to realise that having your GPU/CPU running at 70-75c isn't overly hot and in 99% of cases won't slow your PC down any.

So why have loud fans to get them down to 55c?

I would probably just buy the cheapest plain black fans I could buy

I prefer dead quiet fans with an excess of thick radiators. Gives you the best of both worlds. Noctua NFs @ 550 with XSPC RX rads is what I am running right now.

From my experience if your not getting both from higher end solutions go for performance and controller it with a fan controller. This way you can have the best of both world. That and keeping your system adequately cooled should always come first over silence, made that mistake before...

Definitely quiet fans ! I'm bit a audiophile and when there is silence between songs or just a small pause in the song the last thing I want to hear is a vacuum cleaner sounding PC.

XEON 1230 v2 / AMD R9 280x / 8GB DDR3 / Adata XPG SX900 256GB SSD / Corsair 300R Side Window / Corsair CX500M / Corsair M65 Green

Quiet. From what I've noticed the difference in temps under normal use, is insignificant... 1-2 degrees. I have all the fans in my case as low as I can get them and my temps stay cool and my PC stays silent. I do however keep the fans for my cpu heat sink connected to my MOBO and regulated by temps... but I have low RPM fans that stay between 600-900 rpm's (corsair 140mm quiet editions) on my Phanteks cooler and I haven't had any problems with heat or noise.

i5 3570K - MSI GD65 z77 - 660ti 2gb SLI - Kingston HyperX Blu 8gb (4x2gb) - Corsair H100i - Corsair 500r - Corsair HX 850w - Kingston HyperX 120gb SSD

Quiet. From what I've noticed the difference in temps under normal use' date=' is insignificant... 1-2 degrees. I have all the fans in my case as low as I can get them and my temps stay cool and my PC stays silent. I do however keep the fans for my cpu heat sink connected to my MOBO and regulated by temps... but I have low RPM fans that stay between 600-900 rpm's (corsair 140mm quiet editions) on my Phanteks cooler and I haven't had any problems with heat or noise. [/quote']

Yeah, same here. The temperature difference between minimum RPM and maximum RPM is very insignificant but the noise level is just way too much. I just leave my case fans at low RPM and have low noise adapters for my D14 fans.

Silence would probally take the cake for me, Not a silence freak though. As long as the fans don't make a particular annoying whirl or whiz sound that drives me mad. If only Noctua fan's weren't so ugly....

CPU - i7-3930K @ 4.5 Ghz | GPU - EVGA GTX 680 | MOBO - ASUS Sabertooth X79

RAM - 16 GB of Kingston HyperX @ 1600 MHz | SSD - 2 x Intel 520 series 180 GB SSD's (Raid 0)

HDD - WD 1 TB Black | Case - Corsair 600T | PSU - Corsair TX750 | Cooler - Corsair H100 | Sound - ASUS Xonar DGX