What to do when people laugh at your rig?

zappian

yup, shit posting at its finest 

Maybe because @Levent been a member for over two years now? I've been here since April and you've been here for a few weeks max and you're already catching up.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

lol nigga you are member since november '14 ,I am since Jan '13 but I agree with your post you can do the same thing since you are on my ignore list for a while now.

791061.gif

Im gonna take the advice on this thread and ignore you and the other hater.

Maybe because @Levent been a member for over two years now? I've been here since April and you've been here for a few weeks max and you're already catching up.

Is there a law against having no social life and posting here all day?

Is there a law against having no social life and posting here all day?

No, nor do I recall saying there was.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

• 2 years later...

You probably shouldn't be investing in a gaming PC if you do not have a job. Whether or not it is high end you obviously have your priorities backwards. 

Point to this video:

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

use your floppy drives as throwing stars, obviously.

Also, good bump.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

On 1/25/2015 at 7:35 PM, MageTank said:

Back when i first joined OCN, i think around 2009, i asked about buying a processor (had a razor thin budget at the time, working as a janitor at the age of 14 or 15) and when i decided on the Phenom II 720 B.E, i was mocked by not only the intel side, but even the AMD people. Some of the more level headed people managed to help improve the CPU once i got it, managed to unlock the core and overclock to 3.2ghz without even touching the voltage. This put it on par with CPU's of a higher price, and saved me money in the long run.

TL DR: People can be jerks, just find what you need and buy it. If it works for you, then you made a good purchase.

...OCN...you get laughed at there no matter the choice.  And flame wars are a common occurrence in the news threads.

On the old Phenom IIs, those are fun little CPUs to tinker with.

But yeah, so what if others show their narrow minded thought process to you on public display.  Ignore or laugh internally at them.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

I think this forum and the other one that I used to go to "tonymac86" was pretty good when it comes to this kind of thing...

People come here to talk about tech, that's it. I clearly remember a lot of people was modding their iMac G4 at tonymac 86 and nobody laughed at them. 

You need to know this though, if someone wants to judge you, it does not matter what you do or don't do, have or don't have. 

You use an i3, they said: "ha! my dog won't even use that shit." You use a $5000 X99 system "Ha! bet your mom paid you that! " 

Some people always have the logic that whoever is better than me, it ls luck, not hardwark. But whoever is below me, is because I am more hardworking and smarter than them. And they better suffer.

Trust me. People who have those mindset never enjoyed a day of their life. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

On 1/28/2015 at 6:53 AM, Interfectorem said:

already catching up.

Its called shit posting or post count padding, you can tell who does that, for some, like me who has a lot of posts for the time here, its a very sad fact that I am a loser of life who does not get out much, stays on the computer way to long and has few friends. It will all change when I get off house arrest and no more infrequent probation visits to the office and no suprise visits from surveillance. I can travel again and roam free, cant do license for a bit, but if I had the $ there are easy ways around it.

17 hours ago, BaRoMeTRic said:

You probably shouldn't be investing in a gaming PC if you do not have a job. Whether or not it is high end you obviously have your priorities backwards. 

I recommend checking the start date before posting :P 

My response: "You're talking to a guy that still uses an iPhone 4 (and Galaxy S3), as well as an iPod Video every day. Does it look like I give a shit that my system that can barely run Crisis in full detail?"

FYI: I never tried running Crisis on this thing. Just assumed it'll suck.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Its Crysis by the way.

I know people who still use a flip phone, I use a iPhone 4S will use it until it breaks then I have a Iphone 5S I can use.

No big deal.

5 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

checking the start date

No need to, I dont give a fuck really what others think of me, sometimes I stir the pot for shits n giggles.

1 minute ago, yathis said:

No need to, I dont give a fuck really what others think of me, sometimes I stir the pot for shits n giggles.

Are you BaRoMeTrIc?

Also that's an awfully douchey thing to say. Not cool to necro an ancient thread started by a member who hasn't visited the forums in over half a year. Also not caring what others think of you isn't a reason to be a douche in general.

Have you seen my rig?

Honestly if the rig suits your needs then its fine.

Shrug it off an move on.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

4 hours ago, JoeyDM said:

Are you BaRoMeTrIc?

Also that's an awfully douchey thing to say. Not cool to necro an ancient thread started by a member who hasn't visited the forums in over half a year. Also not caring what others think of you isn't a reason to be a douche in general.

Bro the last post previous to mine was 4 hours ago. Plus it was pushed to the top by hummmmmmmmmm NOT ME!!!!!!!! and I responded.

Give hell to who ever pushed it to the top, cuz I really wished I cared.

You seem to like the word douche LOL good on ya ;)

4 hours ago, JoeyDM said:

not caring what others think

IRL is diff bruh

Online yeah I dont give a rats ass really.

Have a good night bruh!

On 4/14/2017 at 11:13 AM, Ithanul said:

...OCN...you get laughed at there no matter the choice.  And flame wars are a common occurrence in the news threads.

On the old Phenom IIs, those are fun little CPUs to tinker with.

But yeah, so what if others show their narrow minded thought process to you on public display.  Ignore or laugh internally at them.

I've found people here are childish and often don't know what they're talking about(not everyone, obviously)

People at OCN are more aggro and generally hardcore about everything.

Do you need a thread just for this you moron ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

7 minutes ago, dexT said:

I've found people here are childish and and often don't know what they're talking about(not everyone, obviously)

People at OCN are more aggro and generally hardcore about everything.

Yep, the aggro is strong over there.  Or, at least in the news area.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

10 minutes ago, Ithanul said:

Yep, the aggro is strong over there.  Or, at least in the news area.

I saw a good amount of non-fanboy flamage in the AMD sections as well. I love OCN though, shoot, I'm on the HWBOT OCN team.