Recording, Editing, and Amazing Gaming Rig build help.

Venom13

Hi everyone. Im planning on building a very high end gaming computer for editing and recording on. I plan on putting 2 GTX 680's in it. I know all of you are probably going to say overkill or get 2 7970's. Well, im not going to be on multiple monitors, and my budget is around $3500-$4K. My problem is that I need help deciding on other components for this rig. I also decided I would like to use the 2011 platform. Any help would be ideas/ system specs you guys have would be greatly appreciated as I am not the best when it comes to picking out parts.

Quite simply yes get 2 7970s not only will they perform better, use less power and oc better but if you render in OpenGL you will notice a huge difference.

also depending on how heavy you render videos you may not even see a difference between a 3570K and a 3770K never mind a jump to a 3930K.

to put it simply we need more information about EXACTLY what you will be using it for and how often you will be rendering videos and what programs you use then we will be able to help you we will also need to know where you are located, do you need an OS and do you need peripherals?

give a man a gun he robs a bank, give a man a bank he robs the world

Here's my NCIX shopping cart that came to $3899.05:

Intel 3960x

Asus Rampage IV Formula

Corsair H100i

Corsair Venheance 32GB 1600MHz Quad Channel

WD 2TB Green Drive

Samsung 840 Pro 128GB

Windows 7 Ultimate

Corsair 860i 860w

Corsair Obsidian 800D

ASUS Radeon HD 7970 DirectCU II

ASUS Radeon HD 7970 DirectCU II

The only thing I could think of to improve to this is faster RAM if you're going to be doing a lot of editing. Otherwise, faster RAM won't make much of a difference when it comes to gaming.

Quite simply yes get 2 7970s not only will they perform better' date=' use less power and oc better but if you render in OpenGL you will notice a huge difference. also depending on how heavy you render videos you may not even see a difference between a 3570K and a 3770K never mind a jump to a 3930K. to put it simply we need more information about EXACTLY what you will be using it for and how often you will be rendering videos and what programs you use then we will be able to help you we will also need to know where you are located, do you need an OS and do you need peripherals? [/quote']

I will be recording 1080P video in 30 or 60FPS. I will be using sony Vegas but will mainly be using Adobe Premier Pro. I plan on recording vids on a somewhat daily basis. Also, i do not need peripherals, i have that covered.

Here's my NCIX shopping cart that came to $3899.05: Intel 3960x Asus Rampage IV Formula Corsair H100i Corsair Venheance 32GB 1600MHz Quad Channel WD 2TB Green Drive Samsung 840 Pro 128GB Windows 7 Ultimate Corsair 860i 860w Corsair Obsidian 800D ASUS Radeon HD 7970 DirectCU II ASUS Radeon HD 7970 DirectCU II The only thing I could think of to improve to this is faster RAM if you're going to be doing a lot of editing. Otherwise' date=' faster RAM won't make much of a difference when it comes to gaming. [/quote']

Best answer I seen in a long time coming to forums, No messing about with you don't need that and why on earth are you buying that one? too much over kill

Just a good helping answer with hardware too. I wish I could get someone to give you a big hug lol.

My Rig

Thermaltake Level 10GT

Asus Rampage IV Extreme

Geforce GTX 690

i7 3960x Extreme

240gb Kingston SSD

3tb SATAIII X3

Corsair HX1050