Corsair K65 RGB Review

Untouchable

Hello everybody! Today Im reviewing the K65 RGB after about 2 months of use. So here we go!

I'll start with some basic pros and cons. 

Pros-

-Cherry MX Red switches feel great for typing and gaming without making too much noise. 

-Wrist rest included

-Media Controls

-Windows Lock Key

-Brightness Adjustment 

Cons- 

-Corsair's software isnt the best to use or easiest. (I downloaded most of my lighting modes online after struggling) 

-The metal surface attracts things like dust,hair, etc. 

Past Keyboard Experience

I had a "gaming" membrane keyboard for some time then bought a Rosewill Striker RK-6000 that had blue alps switches. Both had poor build quality and the Rk-6000 had "wobbly keys" so to speak.

Unboxing Experience

The experience was very pleasant unboxing this keyboard, Included are some papers, a wrist rest, and the keyboard itself. 

Right out of the box I could tell the keyboard was fantastic. Aluminum built and no flex at all, the braided USB cord was a bit thick for my liking nut I could deal with that. 

One thing I thought was a bit strange about the unboxing was that there was no keycap puller in the box, if any of you know why, I would love to know. 

The wrist rest is semi-comfortable, but still made of plastic with a matte, rubber finish on the top. It simply slides into place on the bottom of the keyboard. I leave it off at sometimes because im a big sucker for aesthetics and the keyboard looks great without it. 

Lighting

As you (should) know this keyboard has RGB lighting, the lights get fairly bright, allowing me to see them in the dark. But not too bright too be a distaction. i think Corsair nailed it here. The software is a bit tricky so I just downloaded lighting modes and profiles online. 

But when you download a mode or profile, YOU GET ALL OF THAT PERSONS MODES AND PROFILES. I found this took up alot of space, but if you have a lot of space you ave nothing to worry about. i leave my keyboard on blue because it matches my mouse, and it looks pretty sleek together.

Conclusion Time

Overall I love this keyboard, I think its great and give it a hardy recommendation. One of the dowsides thoough is that you can only purchase it at BestBuy. This was a bad move by Corsair (or whoever) in my eyes. 

Now for the Corsair logo. I personally dont really mind, It may bother some people but not me.   :)  

Sorry for any errors   :)

I also did a review on this keyboard (see signature) and I complained about the wrist rest. Did you find it too small for you? I don't have very large hands at all, but they're also not as small as say, Linus' hands.

I find it fair enough that you left the logo out of the equation since it doesn't bother you that much. But IMO the logo is one of the biggest cons about this keyboard.

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

I also did a review on this keyboard (see signature) and I complained about the wrist rest. Did you find it too small for you? I don't have very large hands at all, but they're also not as small as say, Linus' hands.

My hands are fairly large. Its much too small and my wrists do not rest there at all. My desk serves me just as well 

http://imgur.com/8DPRVjo

http://imgur.com/MWTDzJK

See links for hand comparison 

I find it fair enough that you left the logo out of the equation since it doesn't bother you that much. But IMO the logo is one of the biggest cons about this keyboard.

I dont see why it bothers people so much. I guess people will always have opinions, as will i

@

I think we have about the same size hands.

I've noticed while I'm playing FPS's, when I'm getting intensive with WASD my hand will slide down the wrist rest and not be situated comfortably, so I'm constantly having to move it back up, lol. I may have to invest in a good wrist rest.

@

I think we have about the same size hands.

I've noticed while I'm playing FPS's, when I'm getting intensive with WASD my hand will slide down the wrist rest and not be situated comfortably, so I'm constantly having to move it back up, lol. I may have to invest in a good wrist rest.

Sometimes if Im getting really annoyed I take out the wrist rest from my Razer Vespuela mousepad and put it on my WASD arm (where it goes) 

This should be in member reviews, well done though!

CPU: Intel i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig H5 Motherboard: ASrock Z97 Extreme4  RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu Black Series 8GB GPU: Powercolor R9 390 PCS+

Case Fans: 3X Phobya NB-Eloop 120mm in front + 1X Noiseblocker BlackSilentPRO 140mm, rear HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB  PSU: Corsair CX600M  Case: Corsair Air 540 ODD: LG Supermulti (Yeah whatever)  Monitors: LG25UM55-P, LG 22EN43

And here I am sitting here with my Logitech G105 :( I cri errtim... Someone donate me a mechanical keyboard

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

I dont see why it bothers people so much. I guess people will always have opinions, as will i

it only bothers their existing loyal customers who already have some of their stuff and peripherals of which this shitty tramp stamp gear will match none of. Plus Corsair did the release as sleezy as humanly possible by showing us pictures of the RGB gear with the original logo... and then at the day of launch showing this new logo for the very first time with all their gear switched to it and its too late to turn that train around. They never asked a single customer how they felt about the logo, took any polls opinions nothing. Just promised us beautiful RGB periphials with videos on their website of the RGB gear with the correct logo just to pull the rug out from under us at the last minute. Corsair lost all my business that day and i have tons of Corsair products.

Corsair knew this logo change would piss off all their loyal fans and that's why they hid it from us until the very last second. They did this for one reason and one reason only, to go more mainstream and appeal to 13 year olds, at the expense of shitting all over their current customers and what they want.

And yes i do own a corsair k95, mouse and mouse pad... none  of which will ever be upgraded to RGB.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

Wanted to see a review of this for ages, also I really want to try a linear switch too like reds

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Would be nice if they'd offer different cherry switches apart from red. Great review tho.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo:MSI Z87-G43 RAM:Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 1866MHz SSD:Samsung 840 120GB GPU:Gigabyte GTX770 2GB PSU:EVGA NEX650G Case:Fractal Design Define R4 Cooler:Corsair H80i 

Is it smaller than the K70's wrist rest?