Good 23" IPS Monitor Below $230USD?

JujuShinobi

The Asus VS239H is $10 cheaper and I looked up reviews on it for about an hour lol. A lot of people have been very satisfied with it. A CoD player said he had no issue with the input lagg and such.

"Don't believe everything you read from customer reviews, the chances of a monitor like the H236HL having any input lag is <1% since it uses the same panel as other tested models (MX239H, VX2370, IPS237L) which don't have any input lag. Only 1200-1600p monitors with extra inputs and special features typically have input lag, and it is usually only around 1 frame."

That's a quote from my thread on overclock.net from a guy who knows a lot and originally recommended the Acer to me!

"Don't believe everything you read from customer reviews, the chances of a monitor like the H236HL having any input lag is <1% since it uses the same panel as other tested models (MX239H, VX2370, IPS237L) which don't have any input lag. Only 1200-1600p monitors with extra inputs and special features typically have input lag, and it is usually only around 1 frame."

That's a quote from my thread on overclock.net from a guy who knows a lot and originally recommended the Acer to me!

So you sure you want to get a TN panel? I don't think TNs are even worth it. =|

So you sure you want to get a TN panel? I don't think TNs are even worth it. =|

Well like I've previously stated, the colors looked just as good as the IPS monitors it was next too. I'll buy it and if I don't like it I'll return it and buy the Acer. I can't do much more because I can't see the Acer H236HL to buy that instead which is very disappointing.

Well like I've previously stated, the colors looked just as good as the IPS monitors it was next too. I'll buy it and if I don't like it I'll return it and buy the Acer. I can't do much more because I can't see the Acer H236HL to buy that instead which is very disappointing.

Alright then, good luck with your decision

Alright then, good luck with your decision

Plus what's really the benefit for IPS Monitors? Better color, which is crucial for me and viewable from many angles, which I could care less about since I game looking at the dead center lol. I really want an IPS but it's just not gonna happen, I promise you that if I don't like the ASUS VN247H-P, I'll buy the Acer H236HL like I originally told you. I remember, though, at Best Buy the Asus Boxs said VN247H and not VN247H-P. The -P, I think, means that it has a newer tehnology in it. If it doesn't have the P I won't buy it either lol.

Plus what's really the benefit for IPS Monitors? Better color, which is crucial for me and viewable from many angles, which I could care less about since I game looking at the dead center lol. I really want an IPS but it's just not gonna happen, I promise you that if I don't like the ASUS VN247H-P, I'll buy the Acer H236HL like I originally told you. I remember, though, at Best Buy the Asus Boxs said VN247H and not VN247H-P. The -P, I think, means that it has a newer tehnology in it. If it doesn't have the P I won't buy it either lol.

Seems like a good plan =) Get back to me when you get the monitor ok?

Seems like a good plan =) Get back to me when you get the monitor ok?

Which one lol?

Which one lol?

Either one =) although now I am considering the MX239h as an option

Either one =) although now I am considering the MX239h as an option

The Asus MX239H is $230. What did you mean by saving up $60 more to get it? It's right on your budget lol. I just don't like the white color but it's not a big negative.

Watch this video and decide which monitor type looks better to you. It's actually made by a guy in the forums that I sent you and that has actually been recommending me monitors.

The Asus MX239H is $230. What did you mean by saving up $60 more to get it? It's right on your budget lol.

Shipping cost to Singapore mate, it's a pain. And I'm probably buying it with all my PC components off Amazon since it is possibly cheaper than buying it off a local retailer.

Shipping cost to Singapore mate, it's a pain. And I'm probably buying it with all my PC components off Amazon since it is possibly cheaper than buying it off a local retailer.

Don't forget to read my above post again, I added a comparison vid and more comments about the mx239h. Keep in mind that the Asus TN he's using is about 2 years old so the technology in them now, I hope, are way better.

Don't forget to read my above post again, I added a comparison vid and more comments about the mx239h. Keep in mind that the Asus TN he's using is about 2 years old so the technology in them now, I hope, are way better.

They do look somewhat similar but don't forget I will be doing video and photo rendering as well and I don't want to fill in the wrong colors. But thanks =)

Look at the Asus PB238Q. It's a steal on Amazon right now. I actually just ordered one for myself.

http://www.amazon.com/Series-PB238Q-23-Inch-LED-lit-Monitor/dp/B00906GBBC/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K | Case: Bitfenix Prodigy | Motherboard: GA-H61N-USB3 | RAM: Corsair 8GB 1333 MHz Video CardEVGA GTX 660 Superclocked 2GB DDR5

Power Supply: Corsair CX 430 | SSD: Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: 2X Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200rpm | Monitor Asus PB238Q & Asus PB278Q

Mouse: Lenovo N50 | Keyboard: Apple Pro Keyboard | Operating Systems: Hackintosh OS X 10.8.5 & Windows 8.1

I'll never buy an ASUS product again. I've already got to return mine after 4 hours!

My desk is away from my room window which should be fine. What about input lagg and such?band this "bleeding" I keep hearing about? Does it hinder your gaming experience?

The bleeding issue was only with the Asus MX239H. Bleeding is just a cloud of backlight visible in when there are black images on screen. Input lag on both monitors is minimal I don't notice any difference.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.