M5A99FX Pro R2.0 CPU LED Light

peterchu

Good day everyone. Than you for taking your time to read this. I have a problem with my PC. When I turn on my PC the CPU led stays on and normally it should just go off after a few second for posting. I thought it might be something with the CPU itself so I reseated my CPU and powered it on again. My mobo recognize the CPU as a new one and prompt me to go to the bios. I changed nothing, save & restart. After restarting the CPU led stays on again. This is very frustrating as I have tried different t solution from ram testing to clearing CMOS and updating bios but wait it gets better, when I leave my PC in bios setting for a few minutes it freeze up forcing me to restart the PC anyways. I'm really out of solution right now and hoping that you guys can shed some light into my dark situation here.

Specs: M5A99FX Pro R2.0, FX-8320, Kingston Beast 8gb RAM, Corair HX750 PSU, R9 280 wind force, WD 1TB HDD, WD 500GB HDD, Cooler Master Hyper N520 CPU Cooler.

Well........i have a M5A97 R2.0 and the LED is supposed to be on..........

Turn off AMD Turbocore too see if it fixes the freezing problems because it worked for me. 

BTW Which LED?

There's the DRAM, BIOS Flashback, Standby Power LED.....

My CPU LED is always on on my board, yet my PC works perfectly fine (Same MOBO) does your PC actually function while the light is on?

Try turning off TurboCore to get rid of the freezing problem

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

The cpu led lights goes on and then off after posting. No AMD turbo core is off.