Enthusiast and Gaming Mouse Owners Club

Those rubberised coatings are great, but they wear out after a year or two and mice get pretty gross. I have a 5 year old Abyssus that's sticky when clean and my 2 year old A4Tech Bloody is just starting to wear out. Some users report that the coating on the Steelseries Rival (Black) wears out only after a few months of use and that's what is mainly holding back my purchase - I'm waiting for the white Rival to get in stock. :D

Do any of you have a glossy mouse? I'm wondering whether they get dirty easily. I don't eat when I'm on my PC neither my hands get sweaty easily when gaming.

Well they make my hand sweat like crazy.

I haven't use a rival consistently enough to experience that as I don't particularly like the shape all that much.

I prefer glossy mice. The white rival is glossy. I was bummed when I get the white G600 and it wasn't.

The most use one of mine has seen is at work which is the EVGA X3L Best Buy Edition. Over time stuff builds up around where your fingers are especially on the top. Wipe it down and it all comes off.

Ever mice should have the hydrophobic coating logitech put on their G100s, G400s, G500s, and G700s

Most important in the SROM Updates for the consumer was the reduced smoothing, a lot of the "complaints" about 3988 are from a time when everything has gotten ridiculous amounts of it.

Interesting I tend to no notice that of all things that could be overbearing about a mouse sensor.

Those rubberised coatings are great, but they wear out after a year or two and mice get pretty gross. I have a 5 year old Abyssus that's sticky when clean and my 2 year old A4Tech Bloody is just starting to wear out. Some users report that the coating on the Steelseries Rival (Black) wears out only after a few months of use and that's what is mainly holding back my purchase - I'm waiting for the white Rival to get in stock. :D

Do any of you have a glossy mouse? I'm wondering whether they get dirty easily. I don't eat when I'm on my PC neither my hands get sweaty easily when gaming.

I got a Razer Abyssus mirror edition. Honestly I don't find myself cleaning it as often as I thought I would, which is pretty amazing. On top of that the Abyssus itself is pretty easy to clean.

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

Ever mice should have the hydrophobic coating logitech put on their G100s, G400s, G500s, and G700s

YES! I also own a G400s, it has been a while since I've used it (left it on another setup at another place), but every time I return to use it the rubber doesn't deteriorate. And I live in a country where >50% humidity is pretty normal.....

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

YES! I also own a G400s, it has been a while since I've used it (left it on another setup at another place), but every time I return to use it the rubber doesn't deteriorate. And I live in a country where >50% humidity is pretty normal.....

I really want to know why logitech dropped this coating after touting it so much. I thought it was really nice minus the stupid designs on the top.

Logitech G502. NO questions asked.

The weight is nothing but an advantage and the DPI is mental. I'm barely able to control it at 12k DPI, but I'm quickly getting used to using it on a daily basis .. just don't bump your desk, otherwise your mouse might fly out of your screen.

Logitech G502. NO questions asked.

The weight is nothing but an advantage and the DPI is mental. I'm barely able to control it at 12k DPI, but I'm quickly getting used to using it on a daily basis .. just don't bump your desk, otherwise your mouse might fly out of your screen.

umm wait what? Your doing this very wrong! Wait this has to be a joke...

umm wait what? Your doing this very wrong! Wait this has to be a joke...

I'd hope it was! I'm no enthusiast "gamer", or whatever people call themselves now. I just like this mouse. Don't take that seriously, oh god please don't. You'll bring a sense of hurt on for the people who dedicate much more time to this than I do.

I use it, people can think whatever they like. I play an MMORPG and some hack-n-slash games, that's about it. I spend more time staring at an IDE or text editor than playing games.

I'd hope it was! I'm no enthusiast "gamer", or whatever people call themselves now. I just like this mouse. Don't take that seriously, oh god please don't. You'll bring a sense of hurt on for the people who dedicate much more time to this than I do.

I thought you were going a bit far there, im glad.

Also Enthusiast != Gamer one can be one or the other maybe both but they probably wouldn't identify as both. Many enthusiasts dont really care for the PCMR crowd and ideology many of whom identify as gamers. Take me for example im more into the hardware than much else but I do play games. I dont however only think of how said hardware pertains to games. I feel im probably getting a bit esoteric here now...

In the context of this thread its more referencing gaming mice and then addition mice that are more than your standard mouse. The MX Master is a great example of that.

I thought you were going a bit far there, im glad.

Also Enthusiast != Gamer one can be one or the other maybe both but they probably wouldn't identify as both. Many enthusiasts dont really care for the PCMR crowd and ideology many of whom identify as gamers. Take me for example im more into the hardware than much else but I do play games. I dont however only think of how said hardware pertains to games. I feel im probably getting a bit esoteric here now...

In the context of this thread its more referencing gaming mice and then addition mice that are more than your standard mouse. The MX Master is a great example of that.

It's like how I say the Logitech G910 is the best keyboard. It's a great keyboard, no question. However, it has obvious flaws. I really don't care about the PCMR crowd because it's simply not what I'm in to (also, it's just really stupid -- look at the video I linked below if you want to cry like you're bathing in sliced onions). I feel like "gaming" is a waste of time, and I've grown to loathe the term "gamer", amongst the other titles.

I love speaking about the capabilities of the hardware and software, though. I play games from time to time because I might as well, I can't work on my side projects all the time. Otherwise, I'd end up being burnt out and have about fifty projects that have about fifty bugs open each, which is really not what I want at the end of the day.

I have a weakness for a game or two, I'm not afraid to admit that. ^^

I'd honestly feel like "gaming enthusiasts" are the worst kind of people (no offense to any who are), simply because of what it is and how unproductive it really it as the end of the day. Hardware enthusiasts I can completely understand, who doesn't want that crazy horsepower? Hell, I'm sketching out a plan for one of those server cabinets to stick in an extra room in my house for basically anything I can think of.

I dunno, maybe I'm a linear twat who should stop overly analyzing things. :P It's also 4am, so that original post was pretty spur of the moment.

Well out of now where steel series drops a new rival under the cost of the original https://goo.gl/NOlWLr

Has a custom PixArt sensor (S3059-SS) and s slightly revised shape.

So do I pick one up? SteelSeries stuff usually takes quite a while to come in locally. Limited quantity are available with free shipping for direct purchase.

I have a Rival as well! I had a R.A.T. 9 but I realised I only really use the two buttons on the side, so I picked up the rival. (Still have the R.A.T. if anyone's willing to buy ;))

I have a Rival as well! I had a R.A.T. 9 but I realised I only really use the two buttons on the side, so I picked up the rival. (Still have the R.A.T. if anyone's willing to buy ;))

depends on what condition its in and what your asking.

How are you liking the Rival?

depends on what condition its in and what your asking.

How are you liking the Rival?

The Rival is great! I love the amount of resistance on the side buttons, and the tracking is 110% spot on. There's small dents where my thumb and pinky wore away at the rubber grips xD but that took over a year to do.

The R.A.T. is operationally like new, physically the rubberized coating rubbed off due to regular wear, and the chrome parts have lost a bit of their shine. Asking $80

The Rival is great! I love the amount of resistance on the side buttons, and the tracking is 110% spot on. There's small dents where my thumb and pinky wore away at the rubber grips xD but that took over a year to do.

The R.A.T. is operationally like new, physically the rubberized coating rubbed off due to regular wear, and the chrome parts have lost a bit of their shine. Asking $80

Rival has quite decent side buttons and sensor. Not great min click in my opinion. Also not great for my grip.

Id personally say that's a bit much for that mouse in that condition.

Well out of now where steel series drops a new rival under the cost of the original https://goo.gl/NOlWLr

Has a custom PixArt sensor (S3059-SS) and s slightly revised shape.

So do I pick one up? SteelSeries stuff usually takes quite a while to come in locally. Limited quantity are available with free shipping for direct purchase.

It looks nice but I'm worried about that custom sensor and the side grips. I'm not sure whether the new sensor is a gimmick or a true improvement over the 3050.

CRNLnbTUEAEQYlq.jpg

The shape and size look perfect, but I found no info on the weight (without cable). Needs a glossy version though.

It's $36 with a free QCK from the Steelseries site with a promo code - AYDREN10 

Seems like a pretty good deal.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

It looks nice but I'm worried about that custom sensor and the side grips. I'm not sure whether the new sensor is a gimmick or a true improvement over the 3050.

CRNLnbTUEAEQYlq.jpg

The shape and size look perfect, but I found no info on the weight (without cable). Needs a glossy version though.

It's $36 with a free QCK from the Steelseries site with a promo code - AYDREN10 

Seems like a pretty good deal.

Side grips see fine I would think. They look similar to standard rival.

I dont like the limited DPI settings on the sensor.... https://goo.gl/GGRXrA

I do like the shape and size based on what has been shown so far but the sensor is a turn off.

Well they already sold out so I guess that's not an option lol.

I really want to know why logitech dropped this coating after touting it so much. I thought it was really nice minus the stupid designs on the top.

How do the surfaces of the newer gen G mice feel compared to the Gx00s series?

I use a steelseries Kana right now, its simple, reliable, it just fits well in my big hands and it is just the right weight for me (which is very light). A nice all rounder mouse that will fit most games! i run it at 1600 dpi for most games, although it will go up to 3600. the white version has quite a nice look to it too, with a double braided cord that's quite long (something i really like!). I know, its old, but its a real workhorse, no frills, just the two clicks, the (very nice) scroll wheel that clicks, a button on each side and a top button for led/dpi switch. I have been using this mouse for two and a half years now, and normally i change more frequently, but this mouse hasnt shown signs of aging, all the buttons feel the same as when i bought it and the performance is not far behind today's mouses, not enough so i can see a difference and a need for change anyways...

R5 3600x | RTX 3070 | 16Gb 3200mhz | Gigabyte B550 gaming x | 500gb 660p SSD + 1tb wd blue HDD |

How do the surfaces of the newer gen G mice feel compared to the Gx00s series?

yes they are way different and eve different from each other and some time even other parts of the mouse.

The new CM Storm Xornet II has appeared on some sites - https://www.alternate.de/CM-Storm/Xornet-II-Maus/html/product/1232159

€30 seems like a really decent price and it has the new PMW3320 sensor. The weight kills it a bit though - 132 grams with the cable seems pretty heavy.

The new CM Storm Xornet II has appeared on some sites - https://www.alternate.de/CM-Storm/Xornet-II-Maus/html/product/1232159

€30 seems like a really decent price and it has the new PMW3320 sensor. The weight kills it a bit though - 132 grams with the cable seems pretty heavy.

WHAT! I needs one!

Deathadder Chroma master race! :D

~ Specs bellow ~

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit [UEFI]
CPU: Intel i7-5820k Haswell-E @ 4.5-4.7Ghz (1.366-1.431V) | CPU COOLER: Corsair H110 280mm AIO w/ 2x Noctua NF-A14 IPPC-2000 IP67 | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 32Gb (8x4Gb) DDR4 @ 2666mhz CL15 | MOBO: MSI X99S Gaming 7 ATX | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Gaming (flashed "X") @ 2138-2151Mhz (locked 1.093V) | PSU: Corsair HX850i 850W 80+ Platinum | SSD's: Samsung Pro 950 256Gb & Samsung Evo 850 500Gb | HDD: WD Black Series 6Tb + 3Tb | AUDIO: Realtek ALC1150 HD Audio | CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 | MONITOR: LG 34UC79G 34" 2560x1080p @144hz & BenQ XL2411Z 24" 1080p @144hz | SPEAKERS: Logitech Z-5450 Digital 5.1 Speaker System | HEADSET: Sennheiser GSP 350 | KEYBOARD: Corsair Strafe MX Cherry Red | MOUSE: Razer Deathadder Chroma | UPS: PowerWalker VI 2000 LCD

Mac Pro 2,1 (flashed) OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan 64-bit (NAS, Plex, HTTP Server, Game Servers) [R.I.P]
CPUs: 2x Intel Xeon X5365 @ 3.3Ghz (FSB OC) | RAM: OWC 16Gb (8x2Gb) ECC-FB DDR2 @ 1333mhz | GPU: AMD HD5870 (flashed) | HDDs: WD Black Series 3Tb, 2x WD Black Series 1Tb, WD Blue 2Tb | UPS: Fortron EP1000

I just realized I have way too many mice piled up.

Steelseries World of Warcraft MMO Mouse (that's what I call a mouthfull of a name)

A4Tech Bloody V5 first series. Pretty decent mouse for a pretty low price. Slightly broken cable at the USB plug and I had to fix the cable at the mouse end aswell. Works fine, keeping it as backup.

A4Tech N-70FX - basically a mini X7. Using it as a backup mouse at work. Slightly broken cable that I fixed eventually

GM-M7580 - I don't even know why I still keep this one. Used to use it at LAN parties. It eats through batteries like a fat kid eats through a bag of candy

Broken mice that I still keep for reasons beyond me (probably for spare parts). I think they're buried in storage and I won't even bother trying to find them unless I really need to

Razer Abyssus Mirror - broken switches

A4Tech X-718BK - broken scroll wheel

Natec Genesis GX44 - worst mouse in existence. I'm so happy I didn't pay for it. It was a promo bonus on a component order. I've only used it for about 15 minutes and I can safely say it's broken as a concept and the hardware in it is crap.

Canyon Jedi Black - I think my mom uses it. Crappy mouse I got when I bought a laptop bag

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

Razer Abyssus Mirror - broken switches

I have the same issue with my Abyssus, the LMB switch doesn't always register. Seems to be a common problem.

A4Tech Bloody V5 first series. Pretty decent mouse for a pretty low price. Slightly broken cable at the USB plug and I had to fix the cable at the mouse end aswell. Works fine, keeping it as backup.

I have the V3 and it's not bad at all for the price I got it, but it's too heavy for me. Looking for a replacement though as the scroll wheels is skipping and I'll probably end up getting an EVGA Torq X5 if I don't find any glossy Rival or Rival 100.

I have the V3 and it's not bad at all for the price I got it, but it's too heavy for me. Looking for a replacement though as the scroll wheels is skipping and I'll probably end up getting an EVGA Torq X5 if I don't find any glossy Rival or Rival 100.

V3 was the lightest of the lot. There's a little weight block screwed in it. you could try popping it open and removing it. Might be wrong though, but my V5 has it for sure

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220