Enthusiast and Gaming Mouse Owners Club

ztDQ3hf.png

WTF, Steelseries? I was thinking of getting a Rival 300 when it comes out here, but at that price, hell no.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

You should like carve or modify the original box it came in if you still have them. Would make a pretty cool display. Please help me chose a mouse.

I'm assume this is aimed at me since you didn't quote anyone. What should I do with the boxes? I still have most of them.

Alright so what kind of grip do you have and what size mouse do you like? How many buttons do you need? Does laser sensor matter?

I use some cheap screen wipes. But to get into the cracks, I use some cotton buds that you'd usually use for your ears. The screen wipes really do clean the mouse well too.

Do you mean q-tips? I think it's a name brand but it might help.

@belkun you could just replace the switch that is in the Deathadder if you know how to solder or I'd probably suggest the Mamba TE since it has a similar shape but is a bit more updated.

ztDQ3hf.png

WTF, Steelseries? I was thinking of getting a Rival 300 when it comes out here, but at that price, hell no.

It's just a rival with a pair job. Now they are doing skins for mice. I also doing know why it's Called the Rival 300 since it's the exact same mouse as the Rival minus it's paint job. And the Fade Edition describes the paint job.

It's just a rival with a pair job. Now they are doing skins for mice. I also doing know why it's Called the Rival 300 since it's the exact same mouse as the Rival minus it's paint job. And the Fade Edition describes the paint job.

What grinds my gears is the price difference in euros and dollars - 80 euros are ~$90, not $70.

Steelseries mentioned that it has improved side grips which don't wear out as easy as the ones in the original Rival. The 300 is probably because they have a lower end Rival - Rival 100, which isn't really out yet.

The white glossy version seems perfect to me, but I can't find it anywhere here.

What grinds my gears is the price difference in euros and dollars - 80 euros are ~$90, not $70.

Steelseries mentioned that it has improved side grips which don't wear out as easy as the ones in the original Rival. The 300 is probably because they have a lower end Rival - Rival 100, which isn't really out yet.

The white glossy version seems perfect to me, but I can't find it anywhere here.

My had sweats with the software touch so for me the white glossy is indeed better. But you have to order online as no one locally here carries it either.

@belkun you could just replace the switch that is in the Deathadder if you know how to solder or I'd probably suggest the Mamba TE since it has a similar shape but is a bit more updated.

Yeah, I might do that. If I'm unable to get a replacement from Razer, I'll see if I can remove the switch and get a new one to solder on its place.

Regardless, I'd rather not buy another Razer mouse, specially the Mamba, which I was considering to go along with my BW Chroma TE, but it's over double the price of the DA where I live, and I don't wanna risk another faulty mouse/switch, so I ordered a Steelseries Rival. Hope I manage to RMA my current DA which is under warranty, and maybe I use it as a spare mouse in the future...

Do you mean q-tips? I think it's a name brand but it might help.

Never heard of the name brand. Usually I just pick up a store brand pack of a few thousand. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I have an Abyssus mirror edition :D really like the glossy surface as I don't have to ever worry about the rubber surface getting sticky over time

I have not noticed any kind of dirt on my mouse. Even i have eat while gaming. 

Failure is not an option!

I am liking the Scimitar but am having issues with the drives for sure. I need to reset them every now and then otherwise some odd stuff happens.

I do appreciate the nice sensor in the mouse though.

Man that sucks yeah unlike the Naga the scimitar has been great so far. I am wondering is there is a way to keep the lighting setting saved so when I turn the computer off the mouse and the keyboard keep the light i chose rather then switching to the red light it comes with. The colors lights i picked are saved but it should not switch colors when the program is turned off. IDK first time using the corsair software so still learning. 

i7 5820k, Asus Deluxe x99 3.1 board, 2 Strix980tis Sli, Intel 480gb SSD, 4T WD Black, Asus PG278Q, Acer xb271hu, UpDesk! 

Yeah, I might do that. If I'm unable to get a replacement from Razer, I'll see if I can remove the switch and get a new one to solder on its place.

Regardless, I'd rather not buy another Razer mouse, specially the Mamba, which I was considering to go along with my BW Chroma TE, but it's over double the price of the DA where I live, and I don't wanna risk another faulty mouse/switch, so I ordered a Steelseries Rival. Hope I manage to RMA my current DA which is under warranty, and maybe I use it as a spare mouse in the future...

Omron's are easy to desolder and resolder in once you get the mouse apart.

The Rival is alright but the grip is just not for me.

Never heard of the name brand. Usually I just pick up a store brand pack of a few thousand.

They are the main brand in the US so they are kinda synonymous.

depends if you keep your hand clean and how much it sweats.

Man that sucks yeah unlike the Naga the scimitar has been great so far. I am wondering is there is a way to keep the lighting setting saved so when I turn the computer off the mouse and the keyboard keep the light i chose rather then switching to the red light it comes with. The colors lights i picked are saved but it should not switch colors when the program is turned off. IDK first time using the corsair software so still learning.

No there is no way as Corsair doesnt put memory/storage on their mice.

i do like the Scimitar. If someone said what MMO style mouse should I get, unless they wanted/needed wireless, I would immediately recommend the Scimitar despite the sub par software (even if you remove it crashing for me).

Krait was sold in China as well. [emoji14]

Fine Asia exclusive. I'm sorry but I'll pay that little bit more to get one from Korea so I know it's real. Being that Razer is located in China the are knockoffs left and right. Luckily most of them have sketch packaging.

If anyone wants a link the seller does have a couple left. Only legit seller I could find on ebay.

So did you know what mouse it was right away? I'm actually quite liking it but man the lift off distance.

So did you know what mouse it was right away? I'm actually quite liking it but man the lift off distance.

Well, it is 3 Years old now, made a little bit of a ruckus because people went "Hurr durr, optical Taipan, omg", unfortunately it is a lot smaller than the Taipan and uses a very early 3988 SROM and has never gotten the Update.

Well, it is 3 Years old now, made a little bit of a ruckus because people went "Hurr durr, optical Taipan, omg", unfortunately it is a lot smaller than the Taipan and uses a very early 3988 SROM and has never gotten the Update.

Yeah never really easy to get stateside though. I just decided last month, screw it I wonder if I can find one still/

I like that its a lot smaller but maybe a small touch bigger wouldnt hurt. Its actually quite ergonomic.

What would have been updated in the firmware?

new mouse and mouse pad to match my new HHKB.... i'm done upgrading peripherals for a while

XKeTVJ7.jpg

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

new mouse and mouse pad to match my new HHKB.... i'm done upgrading peripherals for a while

XKeTVJ7.jpg

Both of those are great choices. The MX Master is by far my choice for desktop use when I'm not testing all these mice, lol.

Exactly which Artisan is that? I have the Hyate OTSU Medium. (or something close to that.)

Exactly which Artisan is that? I have the Hyate OTSU Medium. (or something close to that.)

It's the zero large xsoft.... I was a bit skeptical of buying such an expensive mousepad.... but its super nice... super comfy and it doesn't budge (unlike my qck+)

I have the other MX mouse (revolution?) and thought this was the logical upgrade. I use a mamba 2012 for when I game, given i like the macros. 

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

It's the zero large xsoft.... I was a bit skeptical of buying such an expensive mousepad.... but its super nice... super comfy and it doesn't budge (unlike my qck+)

I have the other MX mouse (revolution?) and thought this was the logical upgrade. I use a mamba 2012 for when I game, given i like the macros.

Too squishy for me but that is all personal preference.

Possibly MX Revolution. It's it's almighty ancestor from ~2006 which logitech had gotten close to following up but really hadn't truly done it until the MX Master.

Naga 2012, so the old shape with non mech buttons?

So there is a decent chance that this Mionix Castor may pull me away from my new standard the Mamba TE. We'll have to see how it goes and what I can all do with it due to it somewhat limiting software. https://goo.gl/tUkynh

nice post/tread/ topic.... ( i donno what to call it even... )

Anyway , i was wondering if one of yall can help me with something,

i am in the market for a mouse upgrade. currently own some sort of brand named scorpion ....  

looking for a gaming mouse that is '' big hands friendly '' as in a gaming mouse for those who has hands the size of shaquille o'neal and easy to palm grip it.

and budget is 35 euros. 

(⌐■_■) 

Oh yeah definitely. I know that on a rubber surface mouse you definitely won't get as much dirt as what you will get on a glossy surface. I was referring to the rubber actually deteriorating over time, and afterwards it will become sticky and then it will get dirty. But then when that happens you'll probably be shopping for a new mouse xD

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

Oh yeah definitely. I know that on a rubber surface mouse you definitely won't get as much dirt as what you will get on a glossy surface. I was referring to the rubber actually deteriorating over time, and afterwards it will become sticky and then it will get dirty. But then when that happens you'll probably be shopping for a new mouse xD

Those rubberised coatings are great, but they wear out after a year or two and mice get pretty gross. I have a 5 year old Abyssus that's sticky when clean and my 2 year old A4Tech Bloody is just starting to wear out. Some users report that the coating on the Steelseries Rival (Black) wears out only after a few months of use and that's what is mainly holding back my purchase - I'm waiting for the white Rival to get in stock. :D

Do any of you have a glossy mouse? I'm wondering whether they get dirty easily. I don't eat when I'm on my PC neither my hands get sweaty easily when gaming.

Those rubberised coatings are great, but they wear out after a year or two and mice get pretty gross. I have a 5 year old Abyssus that's sticky when clean and my 2 year old A4Tech Bloody is just starting to wear out. Some users report that the coating on the Steelseries Rival (Black) wears out only after a few months of use and that's what is mainly holding back my purchase - I'm waiting for the white Rival to get in stock. :D

Do any of you have a glossy mouse? I'm wondering whether they get dirty easily. I don't eat when I'm on my PC neither my hands get sweaty easily when gaming.

I haven't noticed still anything... And i have owned this mouse on daily heavy use on now 3 years. Also my hand do get pretty wet time to time. Also i have smashed this mouse against the wall and against the desk many time's. I have to replace more often keyboard's than mouse's. 

Failure is not an option!