Enthusiast and Gaming Mouse Owners Club

And if I were to get the Rival 700, the vibration setting would be turned off instantly. Could you imagine that while trying to spray in CS? Even if it's only subtle, it would be so irritating. 

I'm interested in it for sure, but the size is just a little bit too small for me. 128cm with the high shape of the ZA11 from Zowie is perfect for me. With the height of the Rival 700, it would have to be about 130-132cm in length, but then no one would buy it. 

I'll may pick it up along with the new ZA11 to see what they're both like.  :lol:

Just wont be able to palm it. :(

I find the Rival 300 too long (133mm) so the length of the Rival 700 is definitely a plus for me. I wouldn't be able to fully palm it, but for the claw grip I use it will be pretty decent.

I agree about the vibration, it's useless in games like CS, but for something casual like Hearthstone it can be pretty good. For example when the game is minimized and your opponent finishes his turn. 

I'm not sure if I like the ZA11. It's back is too high and can be awkward I guess. If I were to blindly buy a Zowie mouse, it would be either FK1 or EC1-A (which is still a pretty high mouse). I wonder why they kept the white wheel on the EC-A. :(

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

The Rival 700 got announced today. - https://steelseries.com/gaming-mice/rival-700

steelseries_rival700_img4.jpg__1600x784_

Seems like it has the public version of the PMW3366 sensor. It's fairly shorter than the Rival 300.

What are your thoughts on it?

SteelSeries again fucking shit up with LCD displays? This reminds me of the Ikari. I have owned a mouse with an LCD display (SideWinder X8) and I never, ever found myself looking at the display in game.

Tactile alert? So a vibration function? Oh my god, what the fuck is up with SteelSeries lately? Have they gone completely nuts? First the eye tracker, then renaming most of their product lineups, now this? Swappable cables are useless if they won't sell replacements and/or if you can't use 3rd party ones.

The Rival was already a fine mouse. There was no need for any of this.

Any guesses on how much this thing is going  to cost? The Sensei Wireless is 180€ on their website. Will this finally be a mouse that costs >200€?

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.

SteelSeries again fucking shit up with LCD displays? This reminds me of the Ikari. I have owned a mouse with an LCD display (SideWinder X8) and I never, ever found myself looking at the display in game.

Tactile alert? So a vibration function? Oh my god, what the fuck is up with SteelSeries lately? Have they gone completely nuts? First the eye tracker, then renaming most of their product lineups, now this?

They are filling it with as many gimmicks as possible. The display is pretty silly, but at least it isn't under the mouse this time. :D

I'm trying to find uses of the "tactile alert" but it's hard to find any. Getting electrocuted when killed is a better idea for a gimmick imo.  :lol:

I also wonder why they are offering a swappable sensor when it's going to have one of the best (if not the best) optical sensor. I'm kinda looking forward to this feature, because knowing Steelseries it can be a pretty big flop.

Tactile alert? So a vibration function? Oh my god, what the fuck is up with SteelSeries lately? Have they gone completely nuts? First the eye tracker, then renaming most of their product lineups, now this? Swappable cables are useless if they won't sell replacements and/or if you can't use 3rd party ones.

There's nothing wrong with a small LCD display if it doesn't hinder performance. It helps to give info to those that would like it. Maybe you wouldn't need it, but someone else may enjoy the feature. I don't like DPI buttons on the top of the mouse, doesn't mean that mice that have such a feature is "fucking shit up". No, they're appealing their product to a market, granted LCD displays are a niche market at that. Heck, I already know someone who is going to pick up the Rival 700 because it counts the headshots in CS. He thinks the feature is fun and interesting. 

The vibration function looks like it can be disabled, as @Pandalf said, it would be good for a game like Hearthstone, where you maybe Alt+Tabbed out of the game and it gives you a quick alert for when your opponent has made their move. 

The original Rival is a good mouse, yes. Perfect? Far from it, e.g. It's too big for some people.

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

There's nothing wrong with a small LCD display if it doesn't hinder performance. It helps to give info to those that would like it. Maybe you wouldn't need it, but someone else may enjoy the feature. I don't like DPI buttons on the top of the mouse, doesn't mean that mice that have such a feature is "fucking shit up". No, they're appealing their product to a market, granted LCD displays are a niche market at that. Heck, I already know someone who is going to pick up the Rival 700 because it counts the headshots in CS. He thinks the feature is fun and interesting. 

The vibration function looks like it can be disabled, as @Pandalf said, it would be good for a game like Hearthstone, where you maybe Alt+Tabbed out of the game and it gives you a quick alert for when your opponent has made their move. 

The original Rival is a good mouse, yes. Perfect? Far from it, e.g. It's too big for some people.

The display is better for sure than the Chroma lighting on Razer products for example. Is it necessary? No. If I get a Rival 700, would I look at it frequently? Probably not.

It's an okay feature if it works correctly and the mouse isn't overpriced because of it. 

The problem is that Steelseries is kinda notorious with their firmwares. For example the sensor in my Rival was skipping when the ColourShift mode was activated. It took me quite a lot of research to find the cause of the problem and I almost returned the mouse. Afaik, they have fixed the issue in the latest firmware, but I won't bother updating.

Only Zowie manages to get their mice perfect imo, without adding unnecessary features.

The issue I have with the LCD display is that it has no purpose being on a damn mouse. When you're playing, you don't have the luxury of glancing sideways to your mouse. I used a SideWinder X8 for a fair amount of time and the only thing the LCD screen on it did for me was notify me when it was low on battery with an annoying blinking. Literally anything the mouse can do, they could do with a simple overlay... which they already did as part of the eyetracking thing.

Being able to turn a feature off doesn't make the existence of the feature any better. And personally, I would be worried about the vibrations messing with the sensor. Heck, being able to remove weights doesn't make it ok to include a weight system in an already heavy mouse.

And I never said the Rival was perfect. It's got a silly gimmick of its own with the swappable tag at the end. I have heard of people who had the tag start to randomly fall off on their mouse. But the Rival is much, much better than the Ikari mice, for example. Heck, there is no perfect mouse; I can point out flaws in every single mouse I have ever owned or used.

@Pandalf:

Only Zowie manages to get their mice perfect imo, without adding unnecessary features.

Even Zowie has its issues. They notoriously had coating issues with the CL mouse. A lot of people disliked the Huano switches. The DPI steps might not be suitable for some people (I'm rather used to the 1150 dpi on my Evo so the 800 on the A wouldn't really meet my needs).

But yes, Zowie has definitely gotten a lot of things right. They fixed the most common issue of firmware and driver issues by literally having none. They put their DPI switch button in a place where it's literally impossible to accidentally press it.

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.

Even Zowie has its issues. They notoriously had coating issues with the CL mouse. A lot of people disliked the Huano switches. The DPI steps might not be suitable for some people (I'm rather used to the 1150 dpi on my Evo so the 800 on the A wouldn't really meet my needs).

But yes, Zowie has definitely gotten a lot of things right. They fixed the most common issue of firmware and driver issues by literally having none. They put their DPI switch button in a place where it's literally impossible to accidentally press it.

I've heard about the coating issue they had, I meant that their current lineup is excellent. I would have gotten an EC1-A or FK1 if they were available here. I'm fine with the Huano switches, I like how tactile they feel and it's pretty hard to missclick. As far as I know, the FK1 buttons still feel stiff despite switching to Omron and that's mostly due to it's shell. I hope to see Zowie widely available after BenQ acquired them.

I've heard about the coating issue they had, I meant that their current lineup is excellent. I would have gotten an EC1-A or FK1 if they were available here. I'm fine with the Huano switches, I like how tactile they feel and it's pretty hard to missclick. As far as I know, the FK1 buttons still feel stiff despite switching to Omron and that's mostly due to it's shell. I hope to see Zowie widely available after BenQ acquired them.

Personally, I prefer the Huanos to Omrons. My EC1 Evo is still in perfectly working order, so I have no reason to go for the EC1-A. Plus, I kind of like the Mionix Naos 7000.

The one thing that Zowie does much better than everyone else is that they don't try to re-invent things like SteelSeries or Logitech. They just keep iterating and fixing the issues that arise with their mice. One might argue that their line up of having multiple slightly different versions of the same type of mouse is kind of excessive though.

The Rival 700 got announced today. - https://steelseries.com/gaming-mice/rival-700

steelseries_rival700_img4.jpg__1600x784_

Seems like it has the public version of the PMW3366 sensor. It's fairly shorter than the Rival 300.

What are your thoughts on it?

Shorter is better for me but the specs say its a brick. The sensor is interesting.

It counts your headshots? Well, that'll suck for Silvers. Teehee. 

Other than that, I really wish people would stop putting the DPI button on the top of mice, or like Logitech, on the side of the left click. 

I'm just looking forward to the new Zowie mice to arrive in the UK. Not much has changed with those, but it's Zowie. :P

EDIT: Woah, woah, woah, you can change the sensor? Ok, this is more interesting than I thought. Just sort of skimmed over it before, because Steelseries mice don't usually impress me.

Madcatz has a rat mouse that you can change sensor's on. I dont know why you would want to do that though...

There should be at least one button behind the scroll where. Its a great place for either dpi or profile switching. However i do like other buttons on the top or side as well.

It even has vibration. :D 

I like the shape and the sensor it has is basically the best out there. The option to change the sensor and cable is pretty interesting, I'm looking forward to it because of that. The separated LMB and RMB are pretty nice too. 

I'm looking forward the new Zowie mice too. The fact they have Omron switches makes them perfect imo. I doubt I'll see them available here if they don't get sold under the BenQ brand. I could't find any Zowie mice here (wanted an FK1) and ended up getting a Rival.

the vibration is kinda interesting

shape thing is debatable and a personal preference. if it is indeed shorter ill probably prefer it over the original.

I find the detachable cable interesting. I liked that on my ROG Gladius.

Any guesses on how much this thing is going  to cost? The Sensei Wireless is 180€ on their website. Will this finally be a mouse that costs >200€?

yep no need though the one on the Ikari and Xai was nice for driverless use.

I think their doing this for flat marketing no one needs or really wants any of this its just fluff.

probably cost $120+

Personally, I prefer the Huanos to Omrons. My EC1 Evo is still in perfectly working order, so I have no reason to go for the EC1-A. Plus, I kind of like the Mionix Naos 7000.

The one thing that Zowie does much better than everyone else is that they don't try to re-invent things like SteelSeries or Logitech. They just keep iterating and fixing the issues that arise with their mice. One might argue that their line up of having multiple slightly different versions of the same type of mouse is kind of excessive though.

Zowie has swapped to Omron I believe in their current line over the Huanos.  It was a quiet and subtle update, but they're tuned omrons, very fast, tactile, clicky.  They still have scroll-wheel issues, but just about everything else has been fixed.  I've been debating between the G303, EC2-A, and CM-Storm Xornet II for my claw-grip.  

Shorter is better for me but the specs say its a brick. The sensor is interesting.

It's probably a brick, but I guess that's the cost of it being modular. It's listed as 159 grams with the cable and we don't know how much it will weigh without it. If it was weighed with the braided cable, my guess would be around 120g, which is still heavy. My Rival is at the borderline at around 105g without the cable. I doubt we'll see any pro players using it as almost nobody uses the G502 in the competitive scene. The sensor is definitely interesting and I hope Steelseries will implement it well as it will be the first non-Logitech mouse with it. I wonder if other brands will follow and replace the PWM3310 sensor on their high end mice. Personally, I can't feel a difference in tracking between PWM3310 and PWM3366.

ALnqNP4.png

I wonder what those things are. I guess it's something for the tactile alert, but it could be also a heart rate monitor. :D

I would really like to see Steelseries doing something like the Rival 200 with the guts of the 300 and the shell of the 100. Or maybe a small mouse with the PWM3360 sensor (different than the G303), that will be interesting.

They just keep iterating and fixing the issues that arise with their mice. One might argue that their line up of having multiple slightly different versions of the same type of mouse is kind of excessive though.

I hate to bring it up again but that isnt true, reusing old FW and just updating when a component goes EOL is rather "lazy", also nothing has been fixed in the EC when comparing it to deathadder, and whatever is going on the Firmware doesnt work really well with PMW3310.

The sensor is definitely interesting and I hope Steelseries will implement it well as it will be the first non-Logitech mouse with it. I wonder if other brands will follow and replace the PWM3310 sensor on their high end mice.

Well, the exact differences have to be seen, especially the 16.000cpi are worrying me as Logitech didnt go that far even tough 3366 would be capable of such multipliers, but only at a performance cost.

Also PMW3310 was never high end. :P

why fix something that isn't broken? I would consider it an inefficient use of resources.

It's probably a brick, but I guess that's the cost of it being modular. It's listed as 159 grams with the cable and we don't know how much it will weigh without it. If it was weighed with the braided cable, my guess would be around 120g, which is still heavy. My Rival is at the borderline at around 105g without the cable. I doubt we'll see any pro players using it as almost nobody uses the G502 in the competitive scene. The sensor is definitely interesting and I hope Steelseries will implement it well as it will be the first non-Logitech mouse with it. I wonder if other brands will follow and replace the PWM3310 sensor on their high end mice. Personally, I can't feel a difference in tracking between PWM3310 and PWM3366.

ALnqNP4.png

I wonder what those things are. I guess it's something for the tactile alert, but it could be also a heart rate monitor. :D

I would really like to see Steelseries doing something like the Rival 200 with the guts of the 300 and the shell of the 100. Or maybe a small mouse with the PWM3360 sensor (different than the G303), that will be interesting.

So its at least as heavy as a G502 >.>

You sure? What sensor does the Corsair Scimitar have? Or does it have the one the DA Chroma has?

They probably will just for marketing reasons. Im loving my Mionix Castor though and that's what 3310? What is the Strix Claw? I have high hopes for it. Also kinda wishing the Mamba TE had a better sensor.

why fix something that isn't broken? I would consider it an inefficient use of resources.

Marketing!

So its at least as heavy as a G502 >.>

You sure? What sensor does the Corsair Scimitar have? Or does it have the one the DA Chroma has?

They probably will just for marketing reasons. Im loving my Mionix Castor though and that's what 3310? What is the Strix Claw? I have high hopes for it. Also kinda wishing the Mamba TE had a better sensor.

The Corsair Scimitar has an interpolated S3988. They still seem to be using the high DPI as a marketing point - the Katar has an A3090 sensor with 8000 DPI. :D

The DA Chroma's sensor is S3989 which isn't very different than the S3988 as far as I know. The sensor in the Rival 700 surely is the public PWM3366. It will be interesting to finally see a non-Logitech mouse with it. 

The Mamba TE should have had an optical sensor. There's basically no reason to buy it as the DA is superior sensor-wise and has almost the same shape.

Hello, i have got G300S. Is that counts anything? Thanks :D

It's a decent budget mouse, but nothing special.

ALnqNP4.png

I was going to say that could be a heat rate monitor. That kinda makes the most sense. The kickstarter I joined for the Naos QG still hasn't finished and they had to go through a patent battle.

For you this that grey in front of it is an additional side button?

For you this that grey in front of it is an additional side button?

According to the specifications it has 7 buttons, so that's probably a side button too. 

According to the specifications it has 7 buttons, so that's probably a side button too.

See now that interests me, if only it wasn't a brick!

See now that interests me, if only it wasn't a brick!

I guess we'll have to wait and see if it really is a brick. I wonder why they don't put the weight without cable in the specs.  <_<

I guess we'll have to wait and see if it really is a brick. I wonder why they don't put the weight without cable in the specs.  <_<

150g #ouch

Did I done good?VpccKCB.jpg

Looking good man.I dont recognize the two in the upper right though.

150g #ouch

It has to be measured without the cable to be sure, but if Dmitri finds it too heavy it probably is. I doubt any pro CS GO players will use it.

Looking good man.I dont recognize the two in the upper right though.

I think those are the Ozone Neon and Mionix Avior SK edition.