Enthusiast and Gaming Mouse Owners Club

V3 was the lightest of the lot. There's a little weight block screwed in it. you could try popping it open and removing it. Might be wrong though, but my V5 has it for sure

V2 Dimension (mm) /Weight (g):124 (L) x 64 (W) x 39.5 (H) / 144 (g)

V3 Dimension (mm) /Weight (g):124 (L) x 67 (W) x 42.5 (H) / 142 (g)

V4 Dimension (mm) /Weight (g):116 (L) x 64 (W) x 39.5 (H) / 144 (g)

V5 Dimension (mm) /Weight (g):126 (L) x 73 (W) x 39.5 (H) / 143 (g)

V7 Dimension (mm) /Weight (g):122 (L) x 77 (W) x 41.5 (H) / 143 (g)

V8 Dimension (mm) /Weight (g):122 (L) x 82 (W) x 42 (H) / 144 (g)

They are similar in weight, according to A4Tech's website. Opening it up would screw up the feet and I don't have a replacement set. I'll experiment with it after I buy a new mouse and I'll keep it as a replacement. Do you know how much is the added weight?

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

They are similar in weight, according to A4Tech's website. Opening it up would screw up the feet and I don't have a replacement set. I'll experiment with it after I buy a new mouse and I'll keep it as a replacement. Do you know how much is the added weight?

Don't remember off the top of my head but I remember the weight was etched into the block which was held in position by a screw onto the top part of the mouse

Back when I bought it the only mice in the Bloody line were the V3, V5 and V7

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

-snip-

The shape and size look perfect, but I found no info on the weight (without cable). Needs a glossy version though.

It's $36 with a free QCK from the Steelseries site with a promo code - AYDREN10 

Seems like a pretty good deal.

Thanks for the code man they came back in stock and I was able to use it. I hope for the best even with the weird DPI's.

Thanks for the code man they came back in stock and I was able to use it. I hope for the best even with the weird DPI's.

You are welcome.

It's a bit weird as far as I know. Some users report that on 500 DPI the sensor performs best and there are issues on 1000 DPI with angle snapping. I'm not sure whether to buy one, when they release the glossy versions because of that. The shape is just perfect for me and if the sensor is that screwed up, I'll continue on waiting for a white Rival 300...

There's a grey version of the 300 and according to Steelseries' website the coating is "matte". There are no reviews whatsoever and I think that it's still not available. The Fade edition is also nowhere to be found.

Btw, I'd love to see an unboxing of the Boomslang. It's such an iconic mouse.

You are welcome.

It's a bit weird as far as I know. Some users report that on 500 DPI the sensor performs best and there are issues on 1000 DPI with angle snapping. I'm not sure whether to buy one, when they release the glossy versions because of that. The shape is just perfect for me and if the sensor is that screwed up, I'll continue on waiting for a white Rival 300...

There's a grey version of the 300 and according to Steelseries' website the coating is "matte". There are no reviews whatsoever and I think that it's still not available. The Fade edition is also nowhere to be found.

Btw, I'd love to see an unboxing of the Boomslang. It's such an iconic mouse.

Every version of the OG Rival is matte/soft touch minus the white. You can kinda tell in the pics for the Fade.

I was so pumped to get a NIB one at a reasonable price. I would like to do an unboxing as well but would like to make it special. I was hoping for a CE Diamondback but missed out and maybe do a double. I reached out to Razer on twitter but no luck so far.

A lot a people now days probably wouldnt like the grip of the Boomslang as its a three finger mouse much like the Logitech Mouseman and Wingman I mentioned. Hell some of the early MS mice were as well. The latter two were due to the fact that the scroll where wasnt a thing yet so you had a third button. The Boomslang launched when that started being a long but many people were still used to that grip style.

Every version of the OG Rival is matte/soft touch minus the white. You can kinda tell in the pics for the Fade.

I was so pumped to get a NIB one at a reasonable price. I would like to do an unboxing as well but would like to make it special. I was hoping for a CE Diamondback but missed out and maybe do a double. I reached out to Razer on twitter but no luck so far.

A lot a people now days probably wouldnt like the grip of the Boomslang as its a three finger mouse much like the Logitech Mouseman and Wingman I mentioned. Hell some of the early MS mice were as well. The latter two were due to the fact that the scroll where wasnt a thing yet so you had a third button. The Boomslang launched when that started being a long but many people were still used to that grip style.

Is the Rival 300 available for purchase on their website? I can't check, because it says that they don't ship to my country. No retailers seem to have the new Rival mice in stock, except for the Rival 100 Black.

The shape of the Boomslang is weird in my opinion and I'm not sure how good it is in terms of comfort. I've used a Lachesis, which is kinda similar and it was pretty good for clawling.

I got some crappy ROCCAT Kone XTD Optical :/

i7 6700k - 32GB DDR4-2133 - GTX 980

Is the Rival 300 available for purchase on their website? I can't check, because it says that they don't ship to my country. No retailers seem to have the new Rival mice in stock, except for the Rival 100 Black.

The shape of the Boomslang is weird in my opinion and I'm not sure how good it is in terms of comfort. I've used a Lachesis, which is kinda similar and it was pretty good for clawling.

The Rival 300 is just the OG Rival right? here is what the purchase page looks like for me. BTW I have never seen the silver one ever...

Rival%20300%20Availability.png

I got some crappy ROCCAT Kone XTD Optical :/

That mouse is not crappy. A bit big in my opinion but crappy by no means.

@TheProfosist I don't really like it. I'll probably gonna go with the Corsair M65RGB soon :D

i7 6700k - 32GB DDR4-2133 - GTX 980

@TheProfosist I don't really like it. I'll probably gonna go with the Corsair M65RGB soon :D

The shape is not really for me personally. All depends on your grip and if its too heavy for you.

The Rival 300 is just the OG Rival right? here is what the purchase page looks like for me. BTW I have never seen the silver one ever...

Thanks for checking - I'll need to ask some of the local retailers here about it. It's supposed to be a refresh of the original Rival, with improved side grips and switches (not sure about the latter). I found some pictures of the Silver one here - http://www.fpsshop.com/shop/mouse/steelseries-mouse/rival-300-silver/

Found some old pics of the ASUS ROG Gladius as well when I was going through things. This did make me want to pull it back out again so I did. I still cant like it as much as I wish that I could. Is big like possibly bigger than a IME 3.0 big. Also I just have trouble clicking with it. I think it has something to do with the placement of they switches with the being removable. This reminds me though. Why does a mouse that has swappable switches have the screws underneath the mouse feet. I mean yes they do give you a second set but what if you dont like the ones you put in after a while. Besides that the mouse actually ships with the better switches inside it. I still think is a complete marketing gimmick that actually hurts the product. https://goo.gl/VX9mSQ

Well, the sockets have the advantage of easily fixing debounce issues without soldering.

Well, the sockets have the advantage of easily fixing debounce issues without soldering.

Causes more issues than it solves though from my experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got one. [emoji14]

Steelseries Rival

Nice I would trade my black one for a white one any day.

• 3 weeks later...

I've picked up a couple new mice recently. Specifically the Rival 100, Strix Claw, and Lenovo Y Gaming Mouse. What about you guys?

• 2 weeks later...

Current Duo 

Razer Naga 

Tried all the other "MMO" naga coppied, nothing beats the original.

07418453b9.jpg

And for the media pc 

Steelseries ...something 

f0e41d3d02.jpg

Found these 2 old fogies in the draw aswell xD 

The rubber decided at some point it no longer wanted to be rubber!

d732c9136f.jpg

Live Gloriously

Die Heroically  

Current Duo 

Razer Naga 

Tried all the other "MMO" naga coppied, nothing beats the original.

07418453b9.jpg

And for the media pc 

Steelseries ...something 

f0e41d3d02.jpg

Found these 2 old fogies in the draw aswell xD 

The rubber decided at some point it no longer wanted to be rubber!

d732c9136f.jpg

The G600 is decent but the buttons are not as nice. Have you tried the Corsair Scimitar? Ill have pics up soon. What is that left mouse? Mamba? the G700 was a great mouse though the additional buttons kept breaking on mine.

The G600 is decent but the buttons are not as nice. Have you tried the Corsair Scimitar? Ill have pics up soon. What is that left mouse? Mamba? the G700 was a great mouse though the additional buttons kept breaking on mine.

Its the original Razer Lachesis

Its OLD and still works a treat!

Live Gloriously

Die Heroically  

Its the original Razer Lachesis

Its OLD and still works a treat!

I do remember that one now. I never owned one but it makes me think of if a Boomslang and a Deathadder had a love child.

I have a deathadder 2013 and a G500

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

I have a deathadder 2013 and a G500

Which do you prefer?

Which do you prefer?

The deathadder is the best, but the G500 is still a great mouse

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

The deathadder is the best, but the G500 is still a great mouse

I never really say a place in logitech's line for the G500 or G500s as it was like a poorly updated MX518.