Project Desire - Inverted ATX - Front Panel Teaser - 19th Sept

MWildd

Trinidad and Tobago

I figured. as its mostly trini 's on the tech forums

I dream of 0s and 1s folding to my every command,

algorithms seeping from the back of my head when I need them.

Looking good. I'll be watching your progress.

My Build - Cpu: Intel i7 4770K @ 4.0Ghz Case: Phanteks Evolv ITX | Motherbord: ASUS Maximus VI ImpactRam: 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro
Video Card: EVGA GTX 760 | Power Supply: Corsair AX760 | Monitors: Dell P2210 | Keyboard: Logitech k270 | Mouse: Logitech M185

nice design.... impressive metal work!

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Love the design and the way that you are planning to turn a veary cheap case into a work of art to look at. Mad props if you pull this of like u visioned. As for the mobo, I'd chose the Sabertooth for the aestethics.

Keep up the good work!

Looks interesting. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out! 

I can't wait to see this completed

Thanks man! me neither!!

Very cool. Are you adding any filters?

Filters as in dust filters? if yes, then most probably wherever i can

Coming together nicely

Thanks dude

Based off ur renders/visions, ur better off buying the NEXT Phantom 630.

My renders are based around the 300r? i wouldnt have made these renders if it werent for owning the 300r already? I see where your coming from because of the triangular mesh but still, the 300R is what i have and i like where im taking it.

Looking good. I'll be watching your progress.

Thanks man! I'll try to keep you entertained

nice design.... impressive metal work!

Thanks! Lots of F***s and Sh*ts went into it

Love the design and the way that you are planning to turn a veary cheap case into a work of art to look at. Mad props if you pull this of like u visioned. As for the mobo, I'd chose the Sabertooth for the aestethics.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks dude!!

I totally agree about the sabertooth, but i am planning to have a blue lighting scheme. Just to make it come to life a bit more rather than lots of black. I guess having a black mobo would add to the effect of the lighting. Ill have to decide closer to the time when i am purchasing my mobo but the sabertooth is a definite contender.

Looks interesting. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out! 

Thanks man 

This thing looks amazing!

Haha glad you think so! Thankyou

Can't wait to see this done, it looks amazing!

corsair carbide 300r with corsair quiet af120 fans | i5 4670k OC Genie'd @ 4GHz coolermaster hyper 212 evo w corsair sp120 quiet fanasus gtx 670 2gb direct cu2 edition |

msi z87 gd65 gaming mobo | Corsair AX 760 | 128gb samsung 840 pro ssd Western Digital Caviar BLACK 1TB

Peripherals: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Logitech M705 | Razer Arctosa | Sennheiser HD 598 | Turtle Beach P11s round my neck (used as a mic)| Steelseries QCK Heavy | BenQ XL2430T

im getting my corsair 300r on thursday and will be modding the window and a few other small things.

[ I7-4770K ][ Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H ][ Corsair Dominator Platinum 16gb ][ Corsair Carbide 300R ][ Corsair HX850 ][ Gigabyte Gtx 770 ]

[ Samsung 840 Series 500gb SSD ][ Bitfenix Spectre Pro (Blue LED) + Bitfenix Recon Fan Controller ]

Looks Good. Looking forward for the finished build.

MB :MSI Z77a G45 | Proc: I5 3570K (Stock) | HSF : CM 212X turbo | RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2X4GB) | VGA : MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr | PSU : Corsair GS600 | Case : CM Storm Enforcer | Storage :  OCZ Vector 128GB, WD Blue 500GB , Samsung 840 Evo 120GB, WD Blue 1TB

I build a system with thos case for a friend. I really want to see the modding possibility on the 300r!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

I build a system with thos case for a friend. I really want to see the modding possibility on the 300r!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

This is so epic, I'll keep my eyes glued on this :)

I have a laptop that sucks because I'm broke.

Can't wait to see this done, it looks amazing!

Thanks dude

im getting my corsair 300r on thursday and will be modding the window and a few other small things.

Its a nice case to mod! A window mod is a definite! Get rid of the crappy vent holes

Looks Good. Looking forward for the finished build.

Thanks man

It doesnt present itself with alot of possibilities but when you look for some there is loads!!

This is so epic, I'll keep my eyes glued on this :)

Im glad haha :) thanks

So guys a quick question. I am considering doing an inverted ATX build, so having the board upside down for those who dont know! 

Do you think an inverted atx is worth doing? or just a waste?

Inverted ATX....ehhhh yes and no.

Benefit: graphics cards are closer to top and back exhaust fans.

Negative: CPU and Ram, Motherboard VRMs are not....things which in a WC'd build are passive and kinda sorta need the air movement over them from the exhaust fans. Just something to consider....especially since you will lose the side cooling fans from adding a window. I know the CPU will have a block on it but the air movement in that area has always been beneficial imo.

"But heat rises!" Yes...the heat will rise to your graphics cards...then...out the case.

If it was a larger case with more breathe-ability I'd say go far it....in this build no. Other's may disagree with my theory.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Inverted ATX....ehhhh yes and no.

Benefit: graphics cards are closer to top and back exhaust fans.

Negative: CPU and Ram, Motherboard VRMs are not....things which in a WC'd build are passive and kinda sorta need the air movement over them from the exhaust fans. Just something to consider....especially since you will lose the side cooling fans from adding a window. I know the CPU will have a block on it but the air movement in that area has always been beneficial imo.

"But heat rises!" Yes...the heat will rise to your graphics cards...then...out the case.

If it was a larger case with more breathe-ability I'd say go far it....in this build no. Other's may disagree with my theory.

hmm i see what your saying! :/ this is tough, i like how you can see the block and fluid when doing inverted atx :/

Im not going to be doing much overclocking so vrms and mosfets arent going to get mad hot anyway! Also at the front there will be a 360 fan with fans pulling air in, then fans as an exhaust; so effectively ill have a fairly efficient cross flow? 

I know its a small case, but with efficient air flow do you not think this would work? Baring in mind that with the window, it is going to be raised slightly, so passive cooling will play a part.

I don't see it causing any problems. I just wanted to be sure to point it out as it came to mind analyzing the situation...and to be fair I over analyze. (It's my job)

I don't see it causing any problems. I just wanted to be sure to point it out as it came to mind analyzing the situation...and to be fair I over analyze. (It's my job)

haha, i see what your saying! but another mod is just too tempting!!

Sleeving Update

So I got some paracord in! Was going to go for mdpc but i have worked with paracord before and quite frankly prefer it.

I went with black sleeving. I was going to have a blue streak in the 24 pin, but then i decided to go all black because there is no colour in the rest of the build, apart from lighting.

So by keeping everything black, just by changing the colour of the lighting, i can effectively change the whole look and feel of the system.

Also because i havent bought in my psu yet, i started on the 24 pin extension, which will be used anyways. 

So heres some pictures:

ttCcykrl.jpg

Heres the sleeve! only got 5 metres for now, free shipping so why not order again if need be

t3SqHWhl.jpg

The extension cable. All black cables which is nice

uT4VQtkl.jpg

First cable done! I used staples rather than buying a tool! Was as easy as always.

wwdTQsJl.jpg

Pretty poor focus of the heat shrinkless attempt. Apologies

8hmzzFZl.jpg

Making some head way. Got a few more to go

xjxCieEl.jpg

Putting the in one by one! Ugly white connectors at the moment! They will be replaced with black ones

TthsHo1l.jpg

Absolutely love the heatshrinkless look  :D

tffisMHl.jpg

Beasted through and got a load done in around half an hour!

LQdSClQl.jpg

A little not so great macro shot

W0RLQwkl.jpg

And done!! What do you think of heat shrinkless?

So after i'd done i didnt like how the wires crossed over, nor does anyone for that matter! So i decided to sew them!!

jLWpkpql.jpg

This is about half way through, you can faintly see the sew! Black so you cant really, which is nice

lHIeNxtl.jpg

First pass done! Yes it dips at the right hand side,but unless your close up, you cannot see it 

HVaxjrll.jpg

This is after 2 passes! And as you can see perfectly straight cables!! Looks amazing in person!!

I see we share a common enemy (crossing wires) and a common friend (cable lacing/sewing). :D

Nicely done!

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I see we share a common enemy (crossing wires) and a common friend (cable lacing/sewing). :D

Nicely done!

Haha, 100% we do!! I tried sewing on my last build but my thread was so thin it kept snapping, but this time I held through with a little more patience and the results are brilliant!!

Real fan of helios by the way  :P

This is really beginning to take shape. I love the design; good work so far! I've seen sleeving sewn to preserve the shape in a few Build Logs and I think it's really effective.

Which PSU are you intending to use?

This is really beginning to take shape. I love the design; good work so far! I've seen sleeving sewn to preserve the shape in a few Build Logs and I think it's really effective.

Which PSU are you intending to use?

thanks man! I really like sewn cables and always wanted to bring it to my build.

The psu, i'm not 100% sure yet, i don't think i need a modular one because i am going to have a basement! But as far as brand goes, either corsair or coolermaster!

Also the less money i spend on the psu, and all those other pieces, the more for other things like graphics cards etc!

Obviously i'm not going to spend anything less than around £70 for a 750W psu, but you get my point. I already own a 750W psu, but its a CiT which isnt the greatest or most reliable brand, and i wanted a reliable 80 plus standard psu because i will be going haswell.

Quick Update

Just ordered all the acrylic i need for the basement and front rad shroud! aswell as the mobo tray for my inverted atx idea!!

Ive spoke to a few people who have done it and im set on it! so it will be happening!

Haha, 100% we do!! I tried sewing on my last build but my thread was so thin it kept snapping, but this time I held through with a little more patience and the results are brilliant!!

Real fan of helios by the way  :P

Yeah I also snapped a few threads in my time :D

And thanks! :)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic