Project Desire - Inverted ATX - Front Panel Teaser - 19th Sept

MWildd

Yea i think i agree if im honest

i would agree with you agreeing it should be black would make it look a lot better i think

AS-Rock 990FX Fatl1ty, AMD Bulldozer 6200, Corsair H55 (Christmas Gift), XFX 7770, Patriot Viper 1866Mgz (Black). Corsair CX600

I use the technique from my tutorial, although there are many more ways to

achieve this (I think OP is using a different technique, not absolutely sure).

Thank you , it helped allot right now I'm half-way done with my sleeving ;D

6600K  |  16GB HYPERX  |  GTX1070 FE  |  Z170X-UD3  |  AIR540

Respect the past, Embrace the future.

Thank you , it helped allot right now I'm half-way done with my sleeving ;D

Very glad you found it useful :)

On topic: Nice bending work!

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

what thickness is the acrylic sheets you are using?

[ I7-4770K ][ Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H ][ Corsair Dominator Platinum 16gb ][ Corsair Carbide 300R ][ Corsair HX850 ][ Gigabyte Gtx 770 ]

[ Samsung 840 Series 500gb SSD ][ Bitfenix Spectre Pro (Blue LED) + Bitfenix Recon Fan Controller ]

UPDATE

So over the weekend i didnt get alot done! was way too hot to be using a heat gun! 

Took a couple small deliveries on friday! but im still waiting on my M3 tap.

2RM0OFBl.jpg

Enough cutting wheels? been going through these like crazy so ordered 15 or so.

e1WdOK5l.jpg

Ordered another 50 black pop rivets for when putting the case back together! got 50 for 3 pounds which isnt too bad i dont think

j3tpNtdl.jpg

Also got 20 black m3 hex cap bolts! These will be for the mounting of ssds and reservoirs.

KVnH8rml.jpg

So i cut the right angle to size and placed in! looks so sweet! really clean 

9ZMD1NMl.jpg

So heres a Asus m-atx mobo i have lying around. I did a test fit and as you can see it doesnt fit because of the basement! Time for some more bending.

PQPOfgsl.jpg

Heres another shot of how far out it is! need to move it down around 4-5cm

gFePrJ7l.jpg

So half way through bending i push a little too hard and bahm! it snapped :'( so annoyed! i didnt have any spare either so i had to improvise.

5sOkJEsl.jpg

Heres how i decided to fit it! im going to attach the front right angle also but the glue i used is super strong so its pretty rigid now!

lYQuB1Gl.jpg

So once i fixed it, i put it all into place to see how it looks and it looks sweeeeeeettttttt

s2gZVpul.jpg

heres a shot of how i got around the mobo problem! just bent it down and under rather than just down! im going to be fixing that gap also

L0vBpNZl.jpg

Heres a view from the top! obviously a 360 rad will be here so i need to cut some of it away but for now im going to leave it 

1mwdKxBl.jpg

mobo tray installed!

M6nEYPBl.jpg

Fitted the ssd to the acrylic mounts i ordered! these are going to be sanded, then illuminated also.

K7e81xLl.jpg

Drilled 4 more mounting holes for my m3 screws

03POzmal.jpg

With the mounting holes

p3N7Gsil.jpg

There is going to be 2 ssds in the final build, but im not sure where to mount them! Which one do you think? either here one above the other 

xuEHZFWl.jpg

Here, both beside eachother lent up

hPnszNGl.jpg

or here, in the side wall of the basement one either end?

9rdyUp6l.jpg

So here i started marking out what needs to be cut away for the top mounted rad.

LKTZtRNl.jpg

And measured and cut the acrylic mount for the top rad!!

Thats all i have for now! let me know where you think i should mount the ssds!! Also if i mount the ssds on the floor, the reservoir will be on the wall, and vice versa! let me know :D

i like the one with it mounted by the motherboard,if you used 90 degree angles on bolth the power and data  so you dont see them.

[ I7-4770K ][ Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H ][ Corsair Dominator Platinum 16gb ][ Corsair Carbide 300R ][ Corsair HX850 ][ Gigabyte Gtx 770 ]

[ Samsung 840 Series 500gb SSD ][ Bitfenix Spectre Pro (Blue LED) + Bitfenix Recon Fan Controller ]

i like the one with it mounted by the motherboard,if you used 90 degree angles on bolth the power and data  so you dont see them.

Yea im definitely going to use 90degree plugs for data and power, i think i like the tilted ones but im sure if it will look crowded with the res! we will have to see!

Yea im definitely going to use 90degree plugs for data and power, i think i like the tilted ones but im sure if it will look crowded with the res! we will have to see!

your putting the res on the side by the mobo? then the tolted ones might look better.

I'll have to wait until ive got the res in! then ill be able to see what looks best

either way, it looks really good, im looking forward to seeing more!

UPDATE/TEASER

So ive had this in the waterworks since the start, and i suprised no one has mentioned it from my original sketches. But ill let the pics spoil the surprise

WHxeBE4l.jpg

Wait?! what are they? hinges?! yes they are! on my original side panel renders youll see theres hinges at the rear and a handle up front. Thats what these are for! So im going to hinge both doors so they dont use the slide mechanism anymore

I dont see this in builds very often but its something i liked about the cosmos II. Also no these hinges arent detachable, but im working on it! So for now these are just a test to see how good it works

Some more pictures

6rR5Tucl.jpg

JUst a picture of where they will go. Dont worry this horrid panel is being replaced

PhSzneRl.jpg

Some major dremeling is needed in order to make this work!!

hmZhL8Bl.jpg

What fastners do we prefer? Black m3 hex nuts or black rivets? I think hex nuts are better as they can be removed when needed

9RwVoecl.jpg

I like the hex nuts tbh

I had work today so couldnt get a full start on this but im going to be doing it tomorrow! so stay tuned!!

UPDATE

so i made a start on the hinged door! i took the side panel that im going to be replacing and tested on that. Im replacing because of the horrid fan grills. 

Its a bit sketchy at the moment. 

3VcAv91l.jpg

So first off i dremeled the lip of the door off, so it can swing round 

vsgwzkjl.jpg

I then cut 2 pieces out of the back panel, this is so the hinges can sit flush with the side and so the door isnt protruding out.

uJEQLXUl.jpg

Pop riveted the hinges to the back panel. May change to bolts later

VDyBH4Zl.jpg

For the side panel to sit flat when closed i had to remove the pins that hold it in when sliding on. Shown above

7q6ixWMl.jpg

Drilled holes in the door! some nasty scratches! but as said this panel is being replaced

7HUewqDl.jpg

ANNDDDDDDDDDDDDD its mounted. Was pretty easy to do in the end. 

From using it and opening/closing etc. Theres a couple things that i need to do. The back panel is pretty flimsy, so unless i have the other door on, the whole chassis flex's. So i need to reinforce the back panel, also the door needs some reinforcements as it is pretty flimsy now. But other than that it works great! 

Im also going to get some catches so the door stays closed.

In other things ive been doing today:

R3jFWUzl.jpg

Front panel i/o is looking pretty good. If it turns out to look horrible idrc, as ill just remove it all together

mdZyx23l.jpg

The mounting for it is in ideal location though. Going to attach it to the side.

1J3lsFTl.jpg

Also as shown in the other update, i cut the top panel so i can fit a 360 rad up there! This is after the cut 

QbvKJS2l.jpg

This is after i filed it., Going to take a piece of sand paper to it aswell and maybe coat it with some black from the back side

So thats what ive done today! let me know what you think of the doors :D

This looks AMAZING, I love what the case looks like now. And yes, the Vengeance Pro is super sexy  :P

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

This looks really good. I cant wait to see more.

Thanks dude :D

looks amazing, wonder how itll look in the end

Amazing i hope haha 

This looks AMAZING, I love what the case looks like now. And yes, the Vengeance Pro is super sexy  :P

Haha thanks! & tell me about it! blue and silver look amazing together

Just a quick question guys!! im going to have no cables behind the mobo tray. If any of you have seen murder box you'll know he has a window on the mobo tray side with a few cables and a emblem with murder box logo on it. Do you think it would look good with a window on the mobo side also?

Just a quick question guys!! im going to have no cables behind the mobo tray. If any of you have seen murder box you'll know he has a window on the mobo tray side with a few cables and a emblem with murder box logo on it. Do you think it would look good with a window on the mobo side also?

I think that might work. But if you have nothing behind there what is there actually to see? ;)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I don't really see the point of having the window there, since you won't actually be looking at anything.

I didnt see the point til i saw how beautiful it looked in that build! But i know what you mean 

I think that might work. But if you have nothing behind there what is there actually to see? ;)

I may purposely do some cable runs that look really clean or just make an emblem/plaque or something like that. Just a thought at the moment because it saves me shipping a new side panel from the US

I have the same speakers!

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

I have the same speakers!

Pretty decent for the price you think??

QUESTION:

Im doing a backplate cover! Its just a little messy from the cut so im going to do a full aluminium cover. I could leave it blank, just plain black. Or i could cut some sort of design into it.

My question to you, is from the below renders, rough at that, which design do you prefer. Or if you have a better idea then do a rough sketch in paint or something and post it back! Thanks Guys

ElzqmNZl.jpgDesign 1

95UEXuOl.jpgDesign 2 (dont like this one)

D8RXS1pl.jpgDesign 3

Lro5HJKl.jpgDesign 4

c1tkzNtl.jpgGot a better idea?

bx966swl.jpgAdded Number 5

Thanks guys :)