Project Desire - Inverted ATX - Front Panel Teaser - 19th Sept

MWildd

Mods look awesome can not wait for more :)

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

Mods look awesome can not wait for more :)

Thanks dude!

Dem beats

worst £180 of my life

Havent made much progress over the weekend! Been beautiful here in sunny essex! Starting on my inverted atx back panel tomorrow, also hopefully recieve some bits ive ordered last week!

The mods are coming along faster than i though. Maybe thats because theyre relatively cheap, but soon ill be getting paid a fair amount and can start buying components.

Until then its sticking with the mods.

Those renders look sick! Definately subbing for more.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

Subbed!

Wicked man, thanks!

Those renders look sick! Definately subbing for more.

Thanks man i hope i can make the renders real haha

So tomorrow im taking delivery of the acrylic i need to make the basement and front cover, also for the inverse atx mobo tray! Also got some other bits like the black acrylic for the roof mod and also some others for smaller things like ssd mounts!

Acrylic Update & Inverted ATX

So today i took delivery of a order that i put in for some custom cut acrylic! I also made a start and pretty much completed the inverted atx mod! Hope you enjoy

Obviously i need to do some cleaning up of cuts etc but this is how it looks raw so hopefully will look factory when finished!!

The whole inside chassis will be getting a new coat of paint, its not powdercoated anyway so i can just sand it back and repaint! also all the metal im adding, acrylic etc will be getting painted!!

iFraYRJl.jpg

First up i dont think ive ever posted this pic but its the whole case taken apart! lots of rivets lost their lives today :(

jIDuJK7l.jpg

Been putting this off for a while because i didnt want to mess up but today i took the plunge! havent fully finished it but at the moment it looks like the front i/o panel will fit!!

Lov9H9cl.jpg

Well atleast the headphone and microphone jacks fit :D

4nbbl4Vl.jpg

Also cut the mesh to shape so i can fit the black acrylic in!! Used tin snips but cut my hands up fairly badly. All in the name of modding

PBimR8Il.jpg

Fits perfect, also looks sweeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttttt

ltl45rcl.jpg

Heres where the acrylic is going to sit! im going to either glue it in or have it as snug as possible

BSvETgdl.jpg

again, been putting this off but made a bit more progress and its not looking too bad

5SQJAcZl.jpg

After waiting around, my parcel came  :D  :D  :D  :D

Cq2SE1vl.jpg

Shoutout to plasticsheeting.co.uk!! amazing service, delivery did cost me but it was next day! amazing! also all the dimensions are pretty bang on

eoeX1FQl.jpg

Gimme da arcylic

wU5ug2Gl.jpg

Also it was packed so well! definitely going back to these guys when i need to 

z10WPXwl.jpg

3 bits of clear for ssd mounting, youll see my idea later

x3MT4Fql.jpg

clear for the mobo tray

sgfAO5Gl.jpg

Had no idea what this one was or why i ordered it but it was like 3 pounds so hey ho

8D7FepMl.jpg

Side to the basement, clear again

tTRYNCWl.jpg

Roof to the basement, again, clear.

JzElPbRl.jpg

Gloss black for the roof mod

Inverted ATX Mod

So i didnt get any shots whilst cutting! was too focused on getting it right!!

K7ppXUll.jpg

Heres the mobo back plate cut from the back of the case

8e4XZEyl.jpg

Had to find a way to mount it back on, so i made some right angle metal pieces the right size, drilled some holes anddddddddddddd they were my solution

Kf33R3Ul.jpg

Also had to drill some holes in the back plate. Also terrible paint job by corsair, painted once assembled by the looks

J1NHsFWl.jpg

And bam! Here it is! looks pretty sweet in person! cant wait to get a mobo mounted in there

VH4QHMJl.jpg

From the inside, you can see where i used the brackets i made earlier. theyre going to be painted black. Also theyve been attached using pop rivets.

bFNfNg6l.jpg

Here ive got the mobo tray installed and the front of the basement! the basement lid needs a little bit of work but im too tired to do it today

The tray is very sturdy as ive attached it to the metal brace as you can see

XLoTf9Sl.jpg

Word of warning, go slow when drilling acrylic! it cracks very easily! as you can see here. not to worry! its being wrapped in vinyl

QyyB3dQl.jpg

So because i cant be bothered to cut and bend the rest of the acrylic today, i got some cardboard and but it in to show what im aiming for now!!

Im not 100% sure whether im going to make ssd brackets so they sit on the basement floor at a slant or whether im going to mount them to the sloping wall.

If i do mount them on the wall then the reservoir will be laid on the basement roof or vice versa

So thats all the pictures i have for today! 

VIDEO

So ive had a youtube channel for a while and havent posted in ages! so i decided to make a quick video of my just rambling about the project and whats happening over here! feel free to watch

Go easy on me for the channel name! seemed like a good idea when i was 15. 3 years later...not such a good idea

http://youtu.be/-Aez_1DGmiI

Thats it for now guys! thanks for looking!

i look forward to your guys' feedback :D

Thats cool that you inverted a non inverted case smart thinking. Cant wait till its finished.

this is going to be awesome when its done keep at it i cant wait to see the finished thing

AS-Rock 990FX Fatl1ty, AMD Bulldozer 6200, Corsair H55 (Christmas Gift), XFX 7770, Patriot Viper 1866Mgz (Black). Corsair CX600

Gets better every update. Awesome design.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

I like inverted ATX, very nice. Same for the rest, nice work. :)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Wow really nice work  :wub: . Looking forward to see how it turns out.   :D

Thanks man! 

Thats cool that you inverted a non inverted case smart thinking. Cant wait till its finished.

Haha took some thinking ;)

this is going to be awesome when its done keep at it i cant wait to see the finished thing

Thanks man  neither can i 

Very nice!

Gets better every update. Awesome design.

Haha thanks dude! im trying  ^_^

I like inverted ATX, very nice. Same for the rest, nice work. :)

Thankyou man! Really appreciate your feedback  :wub:

So guys, today I made some pretty good progress!!

I started to being my acrylic and shape it to how I need it! It's looking pretty good especially after its wrapped! I'm going to carry on tomorrow and get the whole basement and front compartment done so I can give you one big update!

But for now its looking sweet!!

How do u bind the 24-pin cables so nice together ? are there tutorials ?

6600K  |  16GB HYPERX  |  GTX1070 FE  |  Z170X-UD3  |  AIR540

Respect the past, Embrace the future.

How do u bind the 24-pin cables so nice together ? are there tutorials ?

I use the technique from my tutorial, although there are many more ways to

achieve this (I think OP is using a different technique, not absolutely sure).

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Basement Update

So as you saw in my last update i got alot of the acrylic for the basement! So yesterday i took another delivery of some matte black vinyl wrap! rather than painting the acrylic im just going to wrap it!

Heres some pictures of the first wrap!

nVkYm6Al.jpg

Measuring out the vinyl so i dont waste any!!

iLvHshEl.jpg

Didnt get many inbetween shots but here it is wrapped! You can see i need to smooth down the closest edge!

HUq3JwPl.jpg

Nice smooth finish

I6fNkO1l.jpg

Started on some measurements for the front shroud! I always sit in maths class like "when am i ever going to use this in real life?" and low and behold i used some maths stuffs to figure out angles and lengths haha

gleAR9Sl.jpg

I attempted to do some bending using the oven but it was not happening! so i shot out and bought myself a cheap heatgun! cost me like 15 pounds from maplin!! but will help me a great deal

o7Xi0rUl.jpg

Heres the first bend! its pretty dead straight and looks good! This is the basement roof! it has to bend down at the mobo side so it doesnt hit anything! more on that later!!

9iGc3Edl.jpg

Heres the front shroud bent! As you can see in the bottom right i cracked it a little :( but no worries i have some acrylic filler i can use to fill it then sand it out! its going to be wrapped also so as long as its nice a smooth it will be fine!!

This picture here is with a 55mm gap next to the mobo (enough for a 30mm rad and 25mm fans) and a 30mm at the front! Obviously the 55mm was meant to be at the front but i have ample space at the front either way!!

fxvmMeNl.jpg

Had to make a cut in order for this to fit, and i didnt have any acrylic cutting wheels left! so i had to use a normal wheel! and it left a pretty horrendous cut! but do not fear, sand paper is near

dJ6VyBBl.jpg

Once again wrapping another piece! 

Ung2lrdl.jpg

Done very nicely, but can you see the scratch?! :( im going to rewrap it nearer the end! as with most other parts anyway!

vpqNCgGl.jpg

Here is is in place! the scratch and awful cut are pretty noticable but as i said im going to sand a rewrap!!

ZXs5vwTl.jpg

Also i dont have to worry about having a perfectly straight line as i will be using some right angle to clean it up! Dont know whether to brush the right angle or paint it black! what do you guys think??

Thats all i got up to yesterday! Today i might try and finish all the acrylic work and maybe if i can the front fabrication so i can paint it soon! 

Thanks for looking :D

Thanks man!

So guys i have the front panel all done except for painting which ill be doing maybe next week!

Theres going to be a major update soon that doesnt regard the front panel, but instead something inside the case!!

Heres a teaser!!

From this:

yg2uCK3l.jpg

To this:

SsMnAtNl.jpg

I Cant really see what you did, but it looks like you removed the bottom part of the motherboard tray, i cant really know what for unless you are planning on making custom routing holes, but its really interesting :D

Edit: Maybe you are going to add a radiator down there, though there is not enough space for it :\

Thanks man!

So guys i have the front panel all done except for painting which ill be doing maybe next week!

Theres going to be a major update soon that doesnt regard the front panel, but instead something inside the case!!

Heres a teaser!!

From this:

yg2uCK3l.jpg

To this:

SsMnAtNl.jpg

I Cant really see what you did, but it looks like you removed the bottom part of the motherboard tray, i cant really know what for unless you are planning on making custom routing holes, but its really interesting :D

Haha bit vague i know! but yea i cut off the bottom part of the mobo tray, which im not actually using anymore! but anyway, that was so i could have a bottom compartment that i could access from the back but couldnt be seen from the front!!

I don't know why, but at first I thought this was going to turn out horrible and become insanely ugly. 

Good thing to see that I was proved wrong, so far I really like this build, can't wait for the finished build!

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

I don't know why, but at first I thought this was going to turn out horrible and become insanely ugly. 

Good thing to see that I was proved wrong, so far I really like this build, can't wait for the finished build!

haha im glad its not living up to what you expected :D

Thankyou man :)

Dont know whether to brush the right angle or paint it black! what do you guys think??

I think it would look much better if it were painted black.

My Build - Cpu: Intel i7 4770K @ 4.0Ghz Case: Phanteks Evolv ITX | Motherbord: ASUS Maximus VI ImpactRam: 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro
Video Card: EVGA GTX 760 | Power Supply: Corsair AX760 | Monitors: Dell P2210 | Keyboard: Logitech k270 | Mouse: Logitech M185