The Water Cooling Gallery

39 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

@WhisperingKnickers, see the rig the guy above me quoted. 

Oh my goodness it is beautiful

⬇ - PC specs down below - ⬇

The Impossibox

CPU: (x2) Xeon X5690 12c/24t (6c/12t per cpu)

Motherboard: EVGA Super Record 2 (SR-2)

RAM: 48Gb (12x4gb) server DDR3 ECC

GPU: MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB

Case: Modded Lian-LI PC-08

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb and a 2Tb HDD

PSU: 1000W something or other I forget

Display(s): 24" Acer G246HL

Cooling: (x2) Corsair H100i v2

Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 LUX RGB MX Browns

Mouse: Logitech G600

Headphones: Sennheiser HD558

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Folding info so I don't lose it: 

WhisperingKnickers

Join us on the x58 page it is awesome!

x58 Fan Page

52 minutes ago, WhisperingKnickers said:

Oh my goodness it is beautiful

Yup yup yup. Once the current X99 platform gets really old like LGA1366, mebbe you can upgrade...

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

On 9/5/2017 at 5:45 PM, PanteaDropper said:

im sure you can clean up the build with a minimal $$ investment.... u have tempered glass and u already have a bunch of matching parts..... might as well get the proper color coordinated cords to finish the look.

I'm looking to do that soon.  I work at a University so my pay is on and off as the year goes on, haha.

over the last week i have managed to water cool my hackintosh using 16mm stainless tubing

with EV2 Monsoon fitting. please comment

Watercooled pc 16mm stainlless steel.jpg

IMAG0494.JPG

IMAG0500.JPG

35 minutes ago, Graham D said:

over the last week i have managed to water cool my hackintosh using 16mm stainless tubing

with EV2 Monsoon fitting. please comment

Oooooo... I have the same case. Specs? And noice that it's an unofficial Mac. My rig can boot either, I use macOS for any video editing or web browsing stuff, windows is really for games. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Nice Builds in this topic.

• 2 weeks later...

Still have some fixes and changes to make, but here's mine.

Fractal Define C TG

HWLabs Nemesis GTS 360

HWLabs Nemesis GTS 240

EK-XTOP Revo D5

EK Supremacy EVO on a 4770k

MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X

A whole lot of Barrow fittings and reservoir

A few notes:

-I had to cut out a small part of the PSU shroud do allow the D5 to fit there

-The D5 is decoupled on a Shoggy Sandwich and run at low speed along with the fans for near silence

-I bought a Cablemod cable replacement kit for my Corsair RM550x, but the 550x only has enough ports for the ugly stock double PCI-E power connector you see there. So I have to buy a RM650x if I want to be able to use the pretty individual sleeved PCI-E connectors

-I need to get another Cablemod hybrid light strip to go with the one in there now, so I can place them better

-I need better radiator fans. Gentle Typhoons are too noisy at ultra low speeds. They're better suited for the 800-1000 RPM range of performance/noise

-The 90 degree fitting on the top radiator would have been better as a 45, but I ran out of them

-I ordered a clear reservoir and got a tinted one instead, so it doesn't show the UV 9_9

IMG_20170930_220925.thumb.jpg.d766f1bd850d53735d576a251624d908.jpg

IMG_20170930_221120.jpg.a2c381b0aa511400c87e5c7d02ffc384.jpg

IMG_20170930_220958.thumb.jpg.854f9a6ce2792567e0b0646cbe5a93e1.jpg

IMG_20170930_215954.thumb.jpg.f20fbedcecbf2bb861721a6ab8992e09.jpg

IMG_20170930_221425.jpg.c0b444c7a16e49049fde7bb382d14a9e.jpg

PS: Taking pictures of tempered glass without reflections is damn near impossible.

Intel i7-7700k

Asus Strix Z270E

Nvidia GTX 1080 FE

Corsair RM850i

Intel 730 Series SSD 240 GB

WD Black 1 TB

WD Blue 1 TB

Watercooling:

EK Supremacy Evo - Nickel

EK-FC GeForce GTX FE - Nickel

2x EK-RES X3 250

EK-XTOP Revo D5 PWM - Plexi

EK-HDC Fitting 16mm G1/4 - Black

2x EK-CoolStream SE 360

PrimoChill True - Opaque UV Green SX

Bitspower PETG Tube OD 16mm - Length 1000MM

https://imgur.com/gallery/NuUtV

20171002_232819.jpg

20171002_232552.jpg

On 25/05/2017 at 9:36 AM, Mac-Joe said:

SOMEHOW ITS NEVER FINISHED !!! the wife said... well is it my fault, creativity takes time.

Project NAUTILUS...

phase 1 hardware installation and testing: DONE

phase 2 power control and cable management for all devices under the desk: DONE

phase 3 OS installation (Win10, macOS, Linux): IN PROGRESS

phase 4 Visual improvements: PLANED

what do you get when watching LTT late at night with to much wine and a loose credit card...

1x awesome computer setup

and 1x pissed off to the max wife for using her dilnner table !!!

... but at least its working... and boy does it work... :-)

thanks people.

mac-joe

LTT03.JPG

LTT02.JPG

LTT01.JPG

LTT04.JPG

small_20170929_222302.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I see a lot of you guys using colored liquid in your loops, sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I was under the impression that this is not a good idea and can clog up your loop and cause issues, is this true or have improvements been made to the liquids and they do not have these issues anymore in the same way? I am looking to build my own first custom loop and plan to use hard tubing for it and still trying to figure out all the little things I need and to go with clear tubing vs colored tubing or if colored liquid is an option etc. I feel pretty overwhelmed but think I am starting to get a fairly decent understanding of what I need to do and all of the parts I need to do it, but I was curious about the colored coolant most of you seem to be using in here. I am building into a corsair 570x case like the top post on page 43 and cannot wait to get to work and have it finished.

3 minutes ago, Lunatics said:

I see a lot of you guys using colored liquid in your loops, sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I was under the impression that this is not a good idea and can clog up your loop and cause issues, is this true or have improvements been made to the liquids and they do not have these issues anymore in the same way? I am looking to build my own first custom loop and plan to use hard tubing for it and still trying to figure out all the little things I need and to go with clear tubing vs colored tubing or if colored liquid is an option etc. I feel pretty overwhelmed but think I am starting to get a fairly decent understanding of what I need to do and all of the parts I need to do it, but I was curious about the colored coolant most of you seem to be using in here. I am building into a corsair 570x case like the top post on page 43 and cannot wait to get to work and have it finished.

99% of dyes don't clog a system so long as they are not Opaque. 

Some opaque dyes have been known to clog over time.

5 minutes ago, Lunatics said:

Just use quality dyes made for Watercooling.  Mayhems, EK, Primochill, etc.   Do not try to use food coloring, Ritt, or other similar consumer dyes.  

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

7 minutes ago, Lunatics said:

Most Pastel/Opaque colors leave residue behind wich narrows the flow path over time, most translucent coolants come clean on a thorough flush with distilled water because they do not have the pigment density as the Pastel/Opaque coolants do.  

Ryzen 1700x 4Ghz.

EVGA GTX1070 FTW OC 2076MHz

16GB G.Skill Flare X 3466MHz CL14.

Asus Crosshair VI Hero.

Intel 540s boot drive

EVGA 850 G2 with custom made paracord sleeved cables. (god that was a boring weekend.)

Water cooled with EK Supremacy Evo, EK D5 pump and EK P360 rad.

Its all in a (rather small) corsair 460x case.

Does anyone have any ideas for what to call it?

Fun fact, the stock EVGA backplate on my 1070 was fully compatible with the EK FTW2 edition water block I have installed on the card. Despite the fact I was told the exact opposite by EKWB support.

Heres a picture with white lighting so everything can be seen, but it really needs a video to do my custom RGB controller that runs the aura synced chaser effects on the individually addressable LED strip all round the case and SP120 RGB front fans justice. Mods, am I allowed to post a video of it here??

2017-10-12 22.05.06.jpg

Sync RGB fans with motherboard RGB header.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX 3.0

16GB G. Skill Flare X 3466MHz CL14

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Intel 540s 240GB, Intel 520 240GB + WD Black 500GB

Corsair Crystal Series 460x

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

On 10/11/2017 at 1:57 PM, Mac-Joe said:

Most Pastel/Opaque colors leave residue behind wich narrows the flow path over time, most translucent coolants come clean on a thorough flush with distilled water because they do not have the pigment density as the Pastel/Opaque coolants do.  

I was thinking about using Mayhems coolants, is there one that is not "pastel/opaque" and is more of a translucent green color? Would love to go with a colored coolant but am afraid to use one of those thick colored coolants or one with the silvery flakes in it, if that makes any sense.

8 hours ago, Lunatics said:

I was thinking about using Mayhems coolants, is there one that is not "pastel/opaque" and is more of a translucent green color? Would love to go with a colored coolant but am afraid to use one of those thick colored coolants or one with the silvery flakes in it, if that makes any sense.

I would recommend EK cryofuel.

Be careful of mayhems, whilst they may be good coolants, the SDS (safety datasheet) is very vague about the active ingredients of the coolant. When questioned, dubious answers were provided. 

EK on the other hand were very straight forward. Take a look at the thread below.

Sync RGB fans with motherboard RGB header.

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX 3.0

16GB G. Skill Flare X 3466MHz CL14

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Intel 540s 240GB, Intel 520 240GB + WD Black 500GB

Corsair Crystal Series 460x

Asus Strix Soar

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

23 hours ago, Lunatics said:

I am currently using the Mayhems X1 Series (UV Green) in my system...  after ever drain and a series of flushes I check for staining  or other type of left-behinds (clear water blocks) but it comes clean every time. I have tried Mayhems Aurora Coolants (Silver, Blue, Red), the effect settles down after a while and can only be seen adequately in larger reservoirs. It took me almost 7 gallons of stilled water to flush my system complete clean of the stuff. It is better to stick with simple fluids and dyes. Primochill Vue is supposed to be an awesome effect coolant which will not clog they say, but it is still being testet and we are all waiting for it PRIMOCHILL!.

On 10/12/2017 at 11:26 AM, Lunatics said:

Go with XSPC ECX Ultra Concentrate UV green. Looks great.

Watercooled Ryzen Hackintosh (Dual Boot w/ Windows 10) in a Modded PowerMac G5 Case:

• CPU: Ryzen 1800x @ 4.1 GHz.
  • Mobo: ASUS Crosshair VI Hero
  • RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB @ 3000MHz
  • GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX1080Ti Founders Edition
  • PSU: Corsair RM850x with Corsair Pro Sleeved cable kit
  • Storage: Kingston Predator 240GB PCI-E SSD (Windows 10 Boot), Sandisk SSD PLUS 240GB (macOS Sierra 10.12.6 Boot), Sandisk SSD PLUS 480GB (Games), WD Blue 1 TB HDD
  • DAT CASE: See my build log linked below. But its a Modded PowerMac G5

Work Computer:

• 2016 15" Macbook Pro (Dongles for days)
  • 2.7GHz Core i7
  • 16 GB RAM
  • 512GB SSD
  • Radeon Pro 455 Graphics Card

Home Server (Power Hungry Bastard):

• HP Proliant DL380 G5
  • 2x Quad Core Xeon E5345 @ 2.33 GHz
  • 32GB DDR2 ECC Memory
  • EVGA GeForce GTX1050Ti

Thanks for the replys guys. As I am still buying parts as time goes and waiting for my 8700k and finalizing all of the pieces I will need to build a custom loop, I am planning on trying to wait for the Primochill Vue coolants. I know it's too early to tell for sure but things sound promising from what people have been saying about it and it looks cool. I do plan on getting a decent sized radiator for my build to see everything inside. Hoping this will be as good as it is being made out to be right now, otherwise I will go with a standard UV green coolant.

On 22-10-2017 at 6:27 PM, spikehob said:

Here is my latest build , but this is being transplanted to a new case and mobo soon . 

--SNIP--

Better invest in a bigger desk too. :P

CPU: i7-12700KF Grill Plate Edition // MOBO: Asus Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 // RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 FE // PSU: Corsair RM750i // CASE: Thermaltake Core X71 // BOOT: Samsung Evo 960 500GB

STORAGE: WD PC SN530 512GB + Samsung Evo 860 500GB // COOLING: Full custom loop // DISPLAY: LG 34UC89G-B

I just have a basic CPU loop using EK parts. Really want to do my GPU's but i'm battling with the "worth it" factor. Only reason I would do it at this point is for noise and aesthetics. Temps are fine. 

Coolant is Cryofuel Lime Yellow in case anyone was wondering

20171031_180026.jpg

AMD Ryzen 1700x

ASRock x370 Taichi

Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB GDDR4 3200

EVGA GTX 1080 Ti K|NGP|N

Fractal Meshify C

Samsung Evo 960 Nvme M.2 500gb & WD Blue 1TB

Corsair TX850M Gold

Alienware AW2518H 240Hz Gsync

Audioengine A2+ & Sennheiser HD6xx /w Fiio K5 Pro

Deepcool Captain 240Pro V2

Vortex Race 3 Cherry Mx Red

Corsair Vengeance M65 PRO RGB

Full custom solution on my friend's Threadripper 1920x and GTX 1080 build, using the MSI Seahawk EK variant of the card. 

download_20170925_121734.jpg

AE86.jpg

YouTube/CoalitionGaming - Cameras: Canon 1DX MkII, Canon EOS M6 MkII, Panasonic Lumix G85
The Gaming/Streaming/Editing Rig: Codename
LINCHPIN 
Ryzen 9 5900X // Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite mobo // 32gb G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600mhz // Swiftech Boreas custom CPU loop & IRIS Helix Fans // Lian LI PC-O11 Dynamic Case // Nvidia RTX 3080 FE  // Sandisk x400 1tb SSD // Micron 2tb SSD // WD 1tb Blue HDD // SK Hynix Gold P31 NVME 1tb SSD // 

7700k - 1080 Ti - 1TB 960 Evo - Asus Z270F

I have since swapped out the bottom XE 360 for a single PE 120 and configured it in push/pull and my system actually runs cooler. 1080 Ti rarely breaks 40C and the the 7700k (delidded) is @ 4.9 1.264v hovers around high 50's for gaming and 62-64C while running handbrake. 

scj213glc92z.jpg