Covering Windows 10 Briefing

cesrai

All I'm getting is buffering.

BREAKING NEWS: buffering will be free for all users.

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam

yeah, sound like the key will expire after a year. I wonder if this will lead into annual windows subscriptions.

that would be a shitty thing to do though they will get a lot of hate for that.

Nice to see they make the upgrade from even windows 7 free, wasn't expecting that. It's a smart move I guess.

But they said "for the first year" so that makes me wonder if you will need to have a subscription after that or something...

All my excitement for Windows 10 is now lost...

I am just sitting here waiting for them to announce that it will be subscription based.

Microsoft if you do that, you will have lost me as a very loyal customer.

inb4 blue screen of deaths on all their PCs

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

i can stay with 10 twitch streams open and this is buffering 70% of time  :wacko:

---

omg he talks about windows on tablets. its horrendous . no no no no no DUDE TALK ABOUT DESKTOP ! tell me metro is gone

cortana on desktop who cares

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

cortana on desktop who cares

Master chef cares: 14966.jpg

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Can anyone explain the "Free for a year" thing?

Is the operating system going to run as a subscription like Office 365 or is the upgrade going to only be temporary?

If you get easily offended by people on the Internet there is something really wrong with you. You focus on the opinions of a few people instead of worrying about why you have a terrible taste in video games.

inb4 blue screen of deaths on all their PCs

it wouldn't be a microsoft press conference without a blue screen.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Is the operating system going to run as a subscription like Office 365 or is the upgrade going to only be temporary?

not known ATM.

It's not confirmed but it seems like it. They were very keen on calling Windows a service and online service earlier, and the "free for the first year" seems to indicate that it will be a subscription.

All my excitement for Windows 10 is now lost...

I am just sitting here waiting for them to announce that it will be subscription based.

Microsoft if you do that, you will have lost me as a very loyal customer.

It depends on the price. if its any more than 30 bucks per year, its going to backfire on them. 

I imagine they will give people a choice, but change the price of a permanent windows key to 200 plus instead of the 100 dollar price tags we saw with 7 and 8.

I will lower my eyebrow when we know for sure.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Having Cortana on your PC is like having another member of the family sitting around and helping you get things done

really MS really your not apple so dont sink to there level

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

anyone noticed the alienware desktop to the right of the desk?

yeah. lols

---

wow i can use a wallpaper on my non existent windows phone. much costumisation very improve . 

windows 10 has failed me

Edited by s3ns3

free office for the phones and small tablets sound interesting to me.

This "free for a year thing" according to Dutch reporters means

"Upgrade within the year to get a free license" which will then last just as long as any other windows license.

Similarly to how windows 8 was only 15$ for an upgrade some time after launch.

Im liking what I'm seeing so far 

You must be watching a different stream.

It has been awkward (presenters stuttering and such), a bunch of mobile and touch crap, data mining and potentially a subscription fee to use Windows.

As someone who doesn't have English as their first language all the voice things will either 1) not be supported at all or 2) barely work. Even if they do, the things he has showed seem to be less awkward/faster to do by simply typing things.

The only good part (in my opinion) so far has been transparency in the start menu, and that wasn't even actually announced. Just something you could notice in a picture.

There's a feature in word that types out 'loreum ipsum dorem sit dor amour' now...

What's the point in even demoing that?

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

it seems like the way to get the most from windows 10 would be to use windows devices on everything, i don't like that, i prefer android on mobile devices

The best way to measure the quality of a piece of code is "Oh F*** "s per line

You must be watching a different stream.

It has been awkward (presenters stuttering and such), a bunch of mobile and touch crap, data mining and potentially a subscription fee to use Windows.

As someone who doesn't have English as their first language all the voice things will either 1) not be supported at all or 2) barely work. Even if they do, the things he has showed seem to be less awkward/faster to do by simply typing things.

The only good part (in my opinion) so far has been transparency in the start menu, and that wasn't even actually announced. Just something you could notice in a picture.

what they are showing is stuff that office workers will utilize, their main audience, i guess they want to leave the stuff we mainly want to know last or they showed those last year in the reveal event

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

it seems like the way to get the most from windows 10 would be to use windows devices on everything, i don't like that, i prefer android on mobile devices

Well that's understandable that they want. Windows 10 will be an OS for all devices.

I am just worried they will sacrifice the functionality of one platform to increase it on another (see Windows 8).

what they are showing is stuff that office workers will utilize, their main audience, i guess they want to leave the stuff we mainly want to know last or they showed those last year in the reveal event

I hope you're right. A lot of the "stuff that office workers will utilize" was not Windows 10 though, it was just office 365.

All these photo things seems terrible. I don't want Microsoft to automatically edit my images (or "enhance" them). I don't want them to sort my photos. All I want is for my pictures to show up in a list that I can sort based on name, size, date and stuff like that.

Don't edit things for me because I know what I want better than you do.

Hopefully you can turn it off.

I hope someone makes a supercut of "app" and "experience".