900D build - Leviathan

Monty007

So I have been monitoring temps and doing a lot of testing to get my overclock where I want it. Still more to go on that. I'm very happy with the water cooling setup I have so far. Idle temp is 19 C which I think is amazing! With my overclock still in the works at the current stable frequency of 4.4 temps max out at 65 with 1.33V. Not my idea of a good frequency but everything works well and the system is very strong.

Video conversion for a 1.2 GB file takes under 3 mins which is blazing fast! Might add a second pump and move the lower rad to the front so I can get another HDD cage in there

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

so I started a help thread for my overclock problems.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!  

Overview of questions:

1) Chip won't boot at 4.7 GHz. Does that mean that 4.6 is the max for the chip?

2) I have found a stable voltage at 4.6 GHz. How do I setup the BIOS to vary the voltage as needed?

3) My computer is a Hackintosh and the frequency varies as needed in OS X but not in Windows 7. Why is that?

So here is where I currently am:

I'm aiming for a high overclock 4.7 GHz. The chip has not been delid or lapped. At stock settings the system is rock solid. My biggest thing is to try and retain the turbo function of the chip - vary the voltages depending on the load on the chip. Even if I put 47 and leave the voltages on auto the system won't boot. Disappointing!

So far I have set the manual timings for my RAM and tested. No problems there. I have set the frequency manually to 46 because 47 won't boot. I have done several tests at different voltages and found that 1.345V is where it is stable. I'm using OCCT and CPUZ for testing and verifying with a 30min - 1 hour test. Passes fine. But how do I get it to maintain this voltage and back off when the power is not needed? Do I need to utilize the Dynamic Vcore? I have tried to set a base Voltage 1.22V and add a dynamic Vcore offset of 0.125V and I have tried to set the PLL voltage to the same 1.22V - when I boot I'm getting 1.470V+ ?!?!?! I don't understand why.

Any guidance on how to get this to work? Do I have to give up the dream of having the speedstep/turbo working? Do I have to run a fixed voltage and frequency at this level?

At 4.6 GHz I'm 31.5% over the stock frequency. Not bad but so many have been able to get 4.7+++ Thanks in advance for any help on this!

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

Thats a sick build man but, you may need more ram lol

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

The build I sick! I especially like the light that comes from the two water blocks

Thats a sick build man but, you may need more ram lol

The build I sick! I especially like the light that comes from the two water blocks

Thanks!

Looks sweet, why do you have a wifi card on your pc tho -.-

Looks sweet, why do you have a wifi card on your pc tho -.-

Because my room location is far away from the router and I have no way of running a CAT 6 cable to it. I have thought of moving my router but I don't have a cable connection in the room the computer is in. It works well for being a wifi card!