Switch 810

calebp123

Ok so I'm going to be water cooling my next rig and the switch seems like a good option. My question is what parts on the switch are plastic and what parts are metal. Mainly how is the build quality? Thanks for any help.

Build quality is ok, but it is almost full of plastic.

But if you can affort Phantom 820 it is Almost full of aluminium. :)

Well I love the 810  sleek look but the 820 is just meh. I hate the shape. I really want a case that has the switch 810 rad options but is metal and has a window.

Well I love the 810  sleek look but the 820 is just meh. I hate the shape. I really want a case that has the switch 810 rad options but is metal and has a window.

I have the Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey Special Edition, and it's freaking awesome! The top panel and front panel are plastic, so are the drive bay covers, but are pretty robust. It's nothing you could accidentally break. Everything else is Steel / Aluminium. 

I chose it for exactly the same reason. It has brilliant airflow, with options for up to a 360/420mm in the roof, a 240/280mm in the bottom and a 120/140mm in the rear. XD

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor