File Sharing Directly, Without online server.

Mads-Ejnar
Go to solution Solved by GlassBomb,

I got reminded of BitTorrent Sync. A program that you can use to sync folders on a personal network, I haven't checked if you are able to use it over the internet. But I see no reason why you can not.

It'a also great for syncing content with mobile devices.

Hello.

My brother and i play games thogether and when something awesome happen, we save the gameplay to make videos :)
But we can get many big files and i need to get them the edit them, to make the video.

So do one of you know a easy way to share files over the internet without using a onling files server?
so my brother easy can copy the files down to me.

I was thinking of FTP but i more like være you just but files in a folder and then it will start copy. Like dropbox.
But dropbox will not work for the files are to big. we are talking 3-5GB files and many of them.

So do one of you know a easy program or a easy why to share large files over the internet?

You sir, have a wonderful day ?  | Sorry for my bad dyslexia English  :(

Spoiler

Gaming PC - MB: MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE - CPU: AMD 3950X - RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3733 C17 DC - 32GB - GPU: ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti ROG STRIX OC - 11GB GDDR6 - Soundcard: Creative Sound Blaster ZXR - Headset: Sennheiser PC350SE - PSU: Corsair AX860i - SSD: Samsung 980PRO 1TB - SSD: Samsung 970 Evo+ 1TB

HTPC - MB: MSI B450M MORTAR - CPU: AMD 2400G - RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 3200MHz 32GB - GPU: AMD 2400G - PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium Fanless 600W - SSD: Samsung EVO 120GB - HDD: 7x 3TB WD RED in raid 6 - Raid controller: MEGARAID LSI 9361-8I

FTP is really only made for small files not large files. You could always set up a filezilla server + client but dont expect amazing speeds.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

You might want to use a NAS, which is just a hard drive connected to your network.... That or copying files over to an external hard drive.....

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Google drive, 15gigs for free, just take the footage of there and copy it to local harddrive frequently.

Are you both connected in local lan network?

If you use a NAS, it would have to be at the local network where the video is recorded. After that, it's a simple matter of forwarding the IP so that you can log in remotely, then its simple enough to direct download.

I got reminded of BitTorrent Sync. A program that you can use to sync folders on a personal network, I haven't checked if you are able to use it over the internet. But I see no reason why you can not.

Something like git, CVS, subversion. Although things like git are meant for text-based files, you shouldn't have an issue using other files. It takes a little extra HDD space to store the metadata for the files that you want to track and version.

I second BTSync.

Thanks all of you.
No we are not on the same network. thats the problem so it has to be over the internet.
I dont want to buy a NAS just for this. Program will be better :)
BTSync sounds easy i will try to take a look at that :)

You sir, have a wonderful day ?  | Sorry for my bad dyslexia English  :(

Spoiler

Gaming PC - MB: MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE - CPU: AMD 3950X - RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3733 C17 DC - 32GB - GPU: ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti ROG STRIX OC - 11GB GDDR6 - Soundcard: Creative Sound Blaster ZXR - Headset: Sennheiser PC350SE - PSU: Corsair AX860i - SSD: Samsung 980PRO 1TB - SSD: Samsung 970 Evo+ 1TB

HTPC - MB: MSI B450M MORTAR - CPU: AMD 2400G - RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 3200MHz 32GB - GPU: AMD 2400G - PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium Fanless 600W - SSD: Samsung EVO 120GB - HDD: 7x 3TB WD RED in raid 6 - Raid controller: MEGARAID LSI 9361-8I