Red & blue tint on Shimian QH270 27" 1440p monitors, what can I do?

Exuraz

Hi,

So recently I have purchased 2 Shimian QH270's on eBay. They are imported from Korea and came with 0 dead pixels and so far I am amazed by the quality of the 1440ps 27" IPS display. Never want to go back to a smaller TN panel again and the 1440p resolution is just a big plus for such a size.

There is something less fortunate however.

From the moment I received then and turned them on, both monitors had a tint. One was had a bit of a red-ish tint and the other a blue-ish tint (Have to say, the blue-tint is alot less intense and annoying, so using that as my main monitor).

The monitor has no OSD besides brightness and on/off so there is no way to calibrate the monitor on the monitor-side.

I tried switching the cables (It only has DVI-Dual link) and ports on my GPU (GTX 770) aswell as motherboard (Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H). Even tried reinstalling my OS (Windows 8.1, it was that time of the year again anyways and tried out Windows 10 inbetween aswell) and the blue and red tints didn't go away, so now I assume they are just on monitor-sided rather than cable or computer-sided.

Accepting that, I currently calibrated them by eye (not with some fancy and expensive calibration device) to be at least equal - so not perfect colors - but unfortunately Windows is very derpy with this. When launching a game the calibration resets to the red and blue tints return and I reloading the calibrations is a pain.

Nothing in the Color Management settings of Windows will allow me to load the "calibrated" .ICC profiles and I have to use the Windows calibration process to reload the calibrations (When going through the calibration process, if I quit right away or after a few clicks it somehow reloads the proper .icc profiles).

Using the Borderless Windowed Gaming program I found (I did actually do my research before asking your council) I managed to prevent it from resetting partially, but not for all games (Such as Minecraft, because it runs on Java) and sometimes it just decides to derp anyway and allow the game to reset it.

So, after a long explaination of my current situation, my question is:

Is there any way to change the calibrations monitor-wise, even though there is no OSD present? I found some things about LUT tables and I thought maybe there is one present in the monitor that can be overwritten. 

If not, is there a way to make the calibrated .icc profiles the defaults for everything? So that if a game forces it to reset it will simply reset itself to my .icc profile instead of the red and blue tinted colors that appears to be the default at the moment. 

Should the above be possible, I will consider purchasing or hiring a calibration device to make sure I have the correct colors. Right now it's too much of a mess with profiles changing and reloading that I simply don't want to waste my money if I have to recalibrate every so-often, especially when I choose to hire one.

If the above isn't possible, could anyone suggest a better software solution than Borderless Windowed Gaming? I found something about a program that checks the .icc profiles every x amount of time and reloads them if they have been changed, but wasn't sure about the performance impact and overall usefulness. I would prefer not to be dependent on software to make sure the monitor looks properly, though if it is the only solution then so be it.

Sorry for the long post but I just wanted to explain my current situation as good as possible.  I am a bit clueless about what to do with this and really want this to be solved since it really hurts my OCD when the tints return after opening or closing a game. 

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Exuraz

PS.

Should anyone want any pictures of the tints, let me know and I will make some. 

There is a color calibration thingy in windows somewhere, also for independent screens...

EDIT: Sorry, didnt read everything before posting.

There is a color calibration thingy in windows somewhere, also for independent screens...

EDIT: Sorry, didnt read everything before posting.

Haha yeah the post is a bit long, I tend to do that.

Windows is just too derpy with the calibrations, like the built in calibration thingy works fine but actually keeping them loaded is what is annoying.

Whats about the driver? Does geforce experience have that maybe (red team here,sorry)?

Whats about the driver? Does geforce experience have that maybe (red team here,sorry)?

Well green team has quite awful color controls. I can change alot but it won't save and switching between my monitors will reset the sliders to the default state while preserving the settings. 

http://i.imgur.com/Uw5BfiM.png

So I can slide whatever I want but it will eventually disappear after a game or restart and when I set Monitor 1 to 60% brightness, Monitor 2's slider will say it's 60% as well while it is 50%. So annoying to do properly + can't be saved as far as I know.

Doesnt look too bad tbh

No, there's plenty of options but it just doesn't save them and configuring them is a bit tricky since the sliders don't show their actual value. Also, can't import any .icc profiles into it anyway.

Just changed the colors there and restarted my pc, and they are gone. 

I used this to calibrate my monitors:

Yeah I tried that aswell but the problem I am having is the calibration created by programs like that (.icc profile) will reset to the default, non-calibrated profile when launching a game (or other 3D application I suppose).

Yeah I tried that aswell but the problem I am having is the calibration created by programs like that (.icc profile) will reset to the default, non-calibrated profile when launching a game (or other 3D application I suppose).

This I never knew.

To test flawless widescreen and widescreen fixer I enabled surround with my two monitors which I had issues with when I got the second, and apart from on launch screens I never noticed the colour disparities, even though the second monitor was visibly more yellowy than the other. When running around in game the colours were virtually indistinguishable.

Could you upload a photo of your issue, the two monitors side by side and show us how they look in the eyes of your camera?

This I never knew.

To test flawless widescreen and widescreen fixer I enabled surround with my two monitors which I had issues with when I got the second, and apart from on launch screens I never noticed the colour disparities, even though the second monitor was visibly more yellowy than the other. When running around in game the colours were virtually indistinguishable.

Could you upload a photo of your issue, the two monitors side by side and show us how they look in the eyes of your camera?

After lots of crashes from my phone (Now I understand why it's a Cyanogenmod development build), here's 2 pictures.

Calibrated: http://i.imgur.com/uKZMOpM.jpg

Is what I calibrated using Windows' calibration tool. Not perfect but visually somewhat the same.

Non-calibrated, default colors: http://i.imgur.com/aP60wmv.jpg

Is the default color values and what it returns to when launching a game such as Crysis 3. I only use the right one for gaming so when launching a game the color shift is very obvious on the left screen, since I have windows like Skype there. After I close the game I have to manually reset them to my calibrated profiles.