Gamer Dies After 3-Day Binge At Internet Cafe In Taiwan

hijynx

"Security footage reportedly showed that he had a small struggle before he collapsed, The Independent reports. He was pronounced dead of cardiac arrest, and paramedics said that cold temperatures and exhaustion likely contributed to his death."

Huffington Post

http://Gamer Dies After 3-Day Binge At Internet Cafe In Taiwan

@hijynx please update your post to follow the news posting guidelines and include a quote from the article as well as your personal opinions on the article in the OP.

As for everybody else, it took 8 posts of people laughing at the post before anyone actually pointed out what was actually wrong with the post. If you must comment on it, your comment should be constructive - point out to the OP that his link is broken rather than making stupid remarks about it.

HTTP/2 203

i mean is it really that hard for the cafe to simply keep a guest book with entry time and kick people out after say 8 hours

i mean is it really that hard for the cafe to simply keep a guest book with entry time and kick people out after say 8 hours

It shouldn't be their responsibility to handle people who have no self control or time management, they make money from him being there, then he can stay.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It shouldn't be their responsibility to handle people who have no self control or time management, they make money from him being there, then he can stay.

well it sort of is it is there property and with that certain things are expected of you, its not alot to ask, its simply a measure to ensure that people who perhaps aren't all there can operate safely.

Seriously? Somebody really have no self control...

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

There is a fine line between nanny state and putting in provisions to look after people who can't look after themselves.  You'd be surprised how fast our world would go backwards if we didn't make minor changes to support such people (which incidental makes up a large portion of the population).

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

If he wants to waste his time on the computer instead of out looking for a girlfriend or a job and his damn family doesn't even care where he goes for days at a time, then I say good fucking riddance. 

You have to be fucking stupid - like simian-levels of stupidity -  to die in front of a computer.

This is what I think of Pre-Ordering video games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp98SH3vW2Y

was this an mmo gold farmer?

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

My main concern is why did he play online game in an internet cafe.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

My main concern is why did he play online game in an internet cafe.

He wanted good Internet and probably didn't have it at home or so he could actually play for that lengthy amount of time.

He wanted good Internet and probably didn't have it at home or so he could actually play for that lengthy amount of time.

Quite possibly those are reasons for him playing in an internet cafe, but for 3 days? I feel tired after couple of hours of playtime.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

It's not the first time that something like this happened. Everytime I read about someone dying in an internet cafe it's a) after 3 days and b) somewhere in Asia.

Mountain Dew and/or Redbull will get blamed next...

I guess he can't run Crisis and had a hardware malfunction.

to everyone here basically insulting him, you dont seem to be taking into account that he could have had a undiagnosed mental disorder etc. in which case he cant be blamed for his death. as i said earlier, i would like to live in a society where we take the time to ensure these people are safe. 

to everyone here basically insulting him, you dont seem to be taking into account that he could have had a undiagnosed mental disorder etc. in which case he cant be blamed for his death. as i said earlier, i would like to live in a society where we take the time to ensure these people are safe.

Good point. But if we must take into account that he could have an undiagnosed mental disorder, which left him unable to be responsible for his actions we must also accept that he could not have a mental disorder that directly/indirectly lead to his death. Without more facts, no one persons opinion on this thread carries more weight.

Also, if you were to actually look into mental disorders, there isn't a person on the planet that couldn't be diagnosed with some kind of mental disorder. The problem lies in how do we determine whether or not some one is incapable of caring for their own safety and then what do we do about it.

I feel like i have heard of this happening before in south korea.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

A lot of "normal" news sources are saying gaming killed him and people are fucking buying that shit, his stupidity killed him not gaming.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Good point. But if we must take into account that he could have an undiagnosed mental disorder, which left him unable to be responsible for his actions we must also accept that he could not have a mental disorder that directly/indirectly lead to his death. Without more facts, no one persons opinion on this thread carries more weight.

Also, if you were to actually look into mental disorders, there isn't a person on the planet that couldn't be diagnosed with some kind of mental disorder. The problem lies in how do we determine whether or not some one is incapable of caring for their own safety and then what do we do about it.

even if he is responsible for his actions i dont see how that would in anyway make introducing a system to stop things like this from happening a bad thing. And as for deciding what to do with people who cant look after themselves, its not that difficult, its society's responsibility to provide care for them.

So you're saying the owner(s) have zero responsibility for customers who step foot inside their business? If that was my internet cafe and I saw someone binge gaming for three days, I'd tell them to get the feck out and come back tomorrow.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

That's not really true.

For example where I live if you work somewhere that serves alcohol there's a lot of rules you have to follow.  You're supposed to keep track of how much alcohol someone has ordered, and cut them off when they've "had too much".  You're also legally obligated to ensure that they get home safely (within reason.)  Which means you need to either ensure someone is driving them home, or that they get a taxi.  You're not supposed to let people walk home if they're drunk and could be found legally responsible if something were to happen. (This is part of "Proserve" which is generally required to work in any place where you're selling or serving alcohol.)  

South Korea is implementing it's own laws to combat rampant "gaming addiction".

It all depends on what the government wants to implement.  Whether or not it should be the responsibility of the owner/employees is up for debate of course, but depending on the laws where you live it very well can be.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

Clearly the takeaway from this is that games kill you.

That's not really true.

For example where I live if you work somewhere that serves alcohol there's a lot of rules you have to follow.  You're supposed to keep track of how much alcohol someone has ordered, and cut them off when they've "had too much".  You're also legally obligated to ensure that they get home safely (within reason.)  Which means you need to either ensure someone is driving them home, or that they get a taxi.  You're not supposed to let people walk home if they're drunk and could be found legally responsible if something were to happen. (This is part of "Proserve" which is generally required to work in any place where you're selling or serving alcohol.)  

South Korea is implementing it's own laws to combat rampant "gaming addiction".

It all depends on what the government wants to implement.  Whether or not it should be the responsibility of the owner/employees is up for debate of course, but depending on the laws where you live it very well can be.

In Australia Poker machine venues are mandated to have a certain amount of measured light (windows are also not allowed to be removed or covered) and the time clearly visible on/at every machine in use.  People who work in these venues are also mandated to interact with patrons if they are displaying signs of  problem, I.E they have sat at the machine for too long.   This is not only because gambling can be a problem but because normal people lose track of time in such environments too.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.