Intake fans to replace stock fractal 140mm fans

Rovert19

Hi there, I recently purchased an arc midi r2 and noticed that the stock 140mm fans that come with the case has a bit of motor noise to them. The noise is bearable on 5v on the fan controller but I think I would like to replace them sometime down the road. I would like to hear your suggestions for a replacement for these fans. I've been looking at nosieblocker fans but unfortuneately they are not sold in Canada and having them shipped here will cost me quite a bit more. Cheers.

Arc Midi R2 | Asus Maximus VII Hero | Intel i5 4690k | Asus GTX 970 Strix | Corsair H80 | Crucial M4 128gb | 8gb 1333 Mushkin Silverline | EVGA G2 750

Filko Ninja TKL Cherry MX Black | Mionix Naos | Fiio e10k | Edifier S330D | Sennheiser HD558 | Blue Snowball | Asus PA238QR | Samsung BX2250

Noctua NFA / P14

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

af-140, if you dont have a HDD cage in the way

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Thanks for the prompt response everyone.  The top hard drive cage is currently removed. The colour does matter to me as I'd like to keep the black and white theme of my computer so the current Noctua fans are out of the question. However, when the black ones come out, I will certainly consider them. As for the Corsair fans, I have heard they have a ticking sound when they are undervolted. Is that true?

Here are a few fans that I would like to get a second opinion on:

-Swifttech Helix 140

-Gelid Silent 14

-Be Quiet Silent Wings 2 140

Cheers

Arc Midi R2 | Asus Maximus VII Hero | Intel i5 4690k | Asus GTX 970 Strix | Corsair H80 | Crucial M4 128gb | 8gb 1333 Mushkin Silverline | EVGA G2 750

Filko Ninja TKL Cherry MX Black | Mionix Naos | Fiio e10k | Edifier S330D | Sennheiser HD558 | Blue Snowball | Asus PA238QR | Samsung BX2250

Noctua NFA / P14

I would agree with this, so it's a shame you so adverse to Noctua's colour scheme. It really like it in person, it has real character. I have both P14s for case fans and A14s for the front intakes (would have swapped but the round frames don't align with the screw holes.

I would agree with this, so it's a shame you so adverse to Noctua's colour scheme. It really like it in person, it has real character. I have both P14s for case fans and A14s for the front intakes (would have swapped but the round frames don't align with the screw holes.

I actually own a couple nf-p12 fans which were used in my previous case and I can personally attest to how quiet they were. Since it didn't have a window the colours weren't as big of an issue. Hopefully the new black versions of their respective fans arrive in the near future because they would pretty much be my number 1 choice. I would drool at the sight of Noctua fans in a black and white theme.

I actually own a couple nf-p12 fans which were used in my previous case and I can personally attest to how quiet they were. Since it didn't have a window the colours weren't as big of an issue. Hopefully the new black versions of their respective fans arrive in the near future because they would pretty much be my number 1 choice. I would drool at the sight of Noctua fans in a black and white theme.

The black fans aren't meant for replacements with better colour schemes, though. People don't seem to understand that they are meant for industrial applications with much higher RPMs than their regular fans.

Thanks for the prompt response everyone.  The top hard drive cage is currently removed. The colour does matter to me as I'd like to keep the black and white theme of my computer so the current Noctua fans are out of the question. However, when the black ones come out, I will certainly consider them. As for the Corsair fans, I have heard they have a ticking sound when they are undervolted. Is that true?

Here are a few fans that I would like to get a second opinion on:

-Swifttech Helix 140

-Gelid Silent 14

-Be Quiet Silent Wings 2 140

Cheers

Silent 14 would be the best choice if you are on a low budget

Yes the Corsairs do have ticking when undervolted. 

Another option would be the Bgears Blaster. It can and will push more air than any other case fan but will be loud.

You will need a case fan with lots of static pressure since Fractal still uses those stupid foam filters which pretty much stops airflow.

I have silverstone's AP122 as one of my front intake and I have to say that I really like them, they push a good amount of air into the case and the channeling of the air is really nice.

You will need a case fan with lots of static pressure since Fractal still uses those stupid foam filters which pretty much stops airflow.

The Define R4 may be closed off in the front but it has side air vents that gives the fans enough room to get fresh air into the case. The case fan doesnt need to have that much static pressure in the R4 but a little bit will help with the filter. 

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

I have silverstone's AP122 as one of my front intake and I have to say that I really like them, they push a good amount of air into the case and the channeling of the air is really nice.

The Define R4 may be closed off in the front but it has side air vents that gives the fans enough room to get fresh air into the case. The case fan doesnt need to have that much static pressure in the R4 but a little bit will help with the filter. 

The OP has an Arc Midi not a Define.

Could this also be said for the AP141?

Has anyone had experience with the swiftech helix 140? They have essentially the same colour scheme as the stock fractal fans, which I do quite like.

Hi there, I recently purchased an arc midi r2 and noticed that the stock 140mm fans that come with the case has a bit of motor noise to them. The noise is bearable on 5v on the fan controller but I think I would like to replace them sometime down the road. I would like to hear your suggestions for a replacement for these fans. I've been looking at nosieblocker fans but unfortuneately they are not sold in Canada and having them shipped here will cost me quite a bit more. Cheers.

noiseblocker nb-eloop 2's. run them without any controller except for the side and exhaust.

you'll thank me later.

noiseblocker nb-eloop 2's. run them without any controller except for the side and exhaust.

you'll thank me later.

I would love to get a couple eloops. However, like I said previously they cost quite a bit already and with shipping that adds quite a bit to the cost. Being unemployed really sucks lol. I have been informed by the customer service that a 140mm verison will be released near the end of the year. Perhaps I will wait for that and hopefully by then they will have distribution here in Canada.

for my arc midi V1, i use the BGears B-Blaster 140 under-volted to 7v. i got them

for a radiator setup and they were quiet impressive just as a case fan, too

09302012001.jpg

airdeano

The new Silverstone Air Penatrators. 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

for my arc midi V1, i use the BGears B-Blaster 140 under-volted to 7v. i got them

for a radiator setup and they were quiet impressive just as a case fan, too

09302012001.jpg

airdeano

Thanks Airdeano, will keep these in mind. Are the blades white because the only ones I found on their website are black. That way you have the fans visible looks very nice.

Actually, it doesn't affect airflow at all with my Noctua NFP14s. I've put my hand in front of the fans inside the case while opening and closing the front door and the air isn't hindered at all. There's plenty of room in the side intakes.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Thanks Airdeano, will keep these in mind. Are the blades white because the only ones I found on their website are black. That way you have the fans visible looks very nice.

i forgot to mention, they are black from BGears. i painted them (easily took light

paint to coat). no performance degradation.

airdeano

Noctua NFA / P14

this

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball