New Motherboard + New CPU first upgrade since 2009

Go to solution Solved by dragoon20005,

here you go

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($179.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock H97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($71.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($63.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($58.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $374.95
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-20 01:21 EST-0500

Well the thing starts here, i bought this Dell Inspiron 560s computer from my bother because he needed money for like $300 U.S + a monitor was my first "good" computer switching from a intel pentium 4? or older, i saw once on the bios it said 1999/1/1 soo idk i was all happy with it but i started to play mp games and wanted to play without unfair advantage, so i bought a gtx 750 TI to play games at as least 60 fps then i started making a profit online and realised, the faster your pc is the more you have the more profit, well some kind like that.

^TL;DR I want to switch from a Dell Desktop Computer to a decent gaming/productivity CPU and MOTHERBOARD beucase this is from like 2009

my personal uses are those:
Opening (lest say) 6 2D games at once

Browsing the internet with like 9 TABS(OR LESS(4), ATM I CAN NOT SEE TWITCH STEAMS ON SOURCE QUALITY BECAUSE THE ENTIRE PC GETS HELLA SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW ) ej: Youtube,YT,Twitch,LTT,RandomForum,YT,Google,Twitter,Facebook

Skype Call

Teamspeak Client

Calculator

Also Cod 4 or Battlefield 3 casual MP games

Etc...

FOR GPUS think i plan to get a SLI or Cross-fire on the future(only 2) or as least 1 High End GPU

FOR RAM  any dual channel will be fine i have 2 sticks of DDR3-1333Mhz

FOR AUDIO If its good, fine

FOR STORAGE Well Of Course Sata III 1 SSD, 1 HDD?  (im using a sata 2 wd blue 500gb hdd :/ wich is working like new even it has 4 years working )

FOR CASE  I can support a ATX Motherboard or Micro-ATX board

I dont want the CPU to be such OVERKILL or slow i heard or as least i think is like this but im not really really sure i3 for browsing internet, i5 for casual people and i7 for more than casual people, and fx 6350 dont know any fx 8350 dont know any

For mobos i dont know how to choose it Asus? Asrock? <- those are the ones afaik

CURRENT BUILD

Motherboard    Dell 018D1Y

CPU                 Intel Pentium Dual Core E5500 2.8Ghz

GPU                 EVGA GTX 750 TI SC 2GB

RAM                 DRR3 - 1333MHz 2GBx2, DDR3 - 1333Mhz 1GBx2--- Running at 800Mhz (NO LINK)

STORAGE        Western Digital 500GB

Power Supply   500 Watts Power Supply (NO LINK)

Case                A Good case (Prof Pic)

The last thing, i think any combination will be a huge step from a pentium dual core to a "recent" one

Budged $200-$400 USD please recommend someting as least at the 200-300 budget range the other 100 are just in case of cases

PD: I FORGOT MY POWER SUPPLY(500 Watts) HAS 2 MOLLEX CONNECTORS+ 2 SATA CONNECTORS + A 24 PIN CONNECTOR + A 4 PIN CONNECTOR IF A NEED A NEW PSU LET ME KNOW IT

Super TL:DR: I want switch from a dell inspiron 560s to a 200 to 300 dlrs  motherboard + cpu im not a super hardcore gamer, but i hate slowness

CRAP I ALSO FORGOT I CAN ONLY BUY FROM AMAZON + EBAY

here you go

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($179.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock H97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($71.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($63.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($58.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $374.95
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-20 01:21 EST-0500

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Honestly, LGA775 is still a good platform to moderately play games on. Just get a nice Q8200 and youl'll be fine.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

CPU: Intel Core i3-4330 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($126.98 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Asus Z87M-Plus Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($88.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Crucial MX100 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($62.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB Tri-X Video Card  ($229.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $593.94
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-20 01:23 EST-0500

Video card could wait a little bit, but my intention was to give you the option of eventually crossfiring two of them which would give very solid performance.  A single 280x is a very strong card for 1080p though.  If you decide to stay single GPU, your 500W psu is fine.  
If you wait on video cards, you can definitely get something like an i5-4440 instead of the i3.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

Honestly, LGA775 is still a good platform to moderately play games on. Just get a nice Q8200 and youl'll be fine.

I know it is good to play games but not really good at multi tasking i can get still 20-50fps on bf3 Multiplayer 64 Players but when i try to open any twitch video + a youtube tab i can not close mozilla or do anything else unless i lower the quality to Medium

CPU: Intel Core i3-4330 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($126.98 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Asus Z87M-Plus Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($88.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Crucial MX100 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($62.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB Tri-X Video Card  ($229.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $593.94
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-20 01:23 EST-0500

Video card could wait a little bit, but my intention was to give you the option of eventually crossfiring two of them which would give very solid performance.  A single 280x is a very strong card for 1080p though.  If you decide to stay single GPU, your 500W psu is fine.  
If you wait on video cards, you can definitely get something like an i5-4440 instead of the i3.

Holy Cow thats a lot of money, more than i expected i have the storage+video card i just want the CPU+MOBO buti i think i have to buy a new psu anyways due to the 8 pin connector (i have 4 pin connector)

I know it is good to play games but not really good at multi tasking i can get still 20-50fps on bf3 Multiplayer 64 Players but when i try to open any twitch video + a youtube tab i can not close mozilla or do anything else unless i lower the quality to Medium

No, you'd be surprised that adding an extra 2 cores can do to your system. Trust me, it multitasks a lot better.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1920x1080 Super Sampled from 1366x768

but what's your budget?

Woo!

but what's your budget?

200 to 300 to 400 usd dollars on just the CPU and the MOTHERBOARD(it also says in the post ._.)

200 to 300 to 400 usd dollars on just the CPU and the MOTHERBOARD(it also says in the post ._.)

also curious, why only amazon and ebay?

Woo!

Mexico

do you have a microcenter or fry's electronics nearby?

Woo!

do you have a microcenter or fry's electronics nearby?

not even close, even if i find one they will sell the mobo for like $200 dlrs when i can but it online for $110-140

Holy Cow thats a lot of money, more than i expected i have the storage+video card i just want the CPU+MOBO buti i think i have to buy a new psu anyways due to the 8 pin connector (i have 4 pin connector)

Yeah, you could definitely wait on the SSD and what not.  

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

not even close, even if i find one they will sell the mobo for like $200 dlrs when i can but it online for $110-140

not necessarily, microcenter almost without a doubt has the cheapest processors all the time. it's where I got my 3570k for only $160, $80 off (it was a post-christmas sale).

anyway, enough digression.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H97M-HD3 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($82.99 @ Amazon) 
Monitor: AOC i2267Fw 60Hz 22.0" Monitor  ($129.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $437.96
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-20 02:07 EST-0500

The total before the monitor is $307, though it's a VERY noticeable difference going from 1366 x 768 to 1080p. I took the plunge and I don't think I can ever go back to that low-res mess (imo) again.
Just a suggestion though. Your setup would have no problem running it.
As for the CPU cooler, it takes a load off your ears. I've had bad experiences with every stock cooler, intel and amd. (HP and Dell and people like that actually have aftermarket heatsinks and/or low-noise adapters on their computers instead of stock cooling most of the time).

Woo!

The move to a i5 and SSD based machine will change your life really.

Motherboard: ASRock H81M-HDS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($56.99 @ Amazon) 

Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($108.99 @ Amazon) 

Total: $420.96

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-20 02:27 EST-0500

You can upgrade your PSU and GPU later on when you have the money. This setup will have the biggest impact on noticeable performance at your fingertips.